No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd generation, would be what 170 years at best? OK so that would be where the myth side of things comes from. In this case for an example of what some of us said, King Arthur and Merlin, Ragnarok, Monkey King (with both Pisy and Frair Sand), and also LOCH myth characters (LOCH = Legend of Condor Hero character Dragongirl ) and lastly BWWH main heroine Nie Song (AKA The Demoness) I'm thinking those mentioned would be leading smaller splinter groups, or banded together for survival out there in the black

But that's if we're going with the mythology theme.... otherwise i'm thinknig gothic and dark

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I mean 3rd generation in the sense: Ancients: 1st gen, Tauri: 2nd gen etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
        I mean 3rd generation in the sense: Ancients: 1st gen, Tauri: 2nd gen etc etc
        Oh.....

I was thinking family years (basically from personal thoughts on the subject I came up with every 30 years = one generation, so my maths off as I have been up all night again >.<)

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

gothic and dark I can do, just say the word. I LOVE goth and dark!!! Nice melodrama action etc. I vote for goth!

www.darkarmada.nl
          www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
            gothic and dark I can do, just say the word. I LOVE goth and dark!!! Nice melodrama action etc. I vote for goth!
            now lets see, Gothic and dark + mythology? (can see Ragnarok happening in something like this, can also see Bride with White Hair also happening in this setting as well, or at least a splinter group of same.....)

also CT; do you by chance happen to own the Mind's Eye Theatre book Laws of Judgement for Time of Judgement? it has Ragnarok in there, only under werewolves and the shifters of things. I can see it happening similar ot ATB though

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
              now lets see, Gothic and dark + mythology? (can see Ragnarok happening in something like this, can also see Bride with White Hair also happening in this setting as well, or at least a splinter group of same.....)

also CT; do you by chance happen to own the Mind's Eye Theatre book Laws of Judgement for Time of Judgement? it has Ragnarok in there, only under werewolves and the shifters of things. I can see it happening similar ot ATB though
              The only thing that bothered me in Ragnarok and SG is that Fenrir was the child of Loki. If you want to have Fenrir=Replicators, well that would mean that they brought this on themselves.
              La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
              L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

That's the only part that didn't make sense. Actually, there were a lot that didn't make sense. Anyone read Sealurk's Stargate: Ragnarok fiction?

Third gen humans would be more like 170 million years in the future.

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post

Haven't heard of them.

I think the voting concept isn't the best, simply becuase different people have different skill sets, so someone who's done a very god job with a ship's specs may be a mediocre model, and so on. And it stops people from sharing good ideas, if done communally, a ship can be designed form the ground up, allowing everyone's best to be incorporated. End product = higher quality ship.

Personally, StateWorld isn't going anywhere, before we try and do a serious reset like the far future or a AU for Stargate, I think we should dip our toes, so to speak, by re-making the SG universe we know and taking it down a new road. That way we gain experience and we have more of a framework to keep us from making serious mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
                  there are so much parts of mythology we can use, the sky is the limit.
                  Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                  Now I think we need to settle one thing before we go further: it it going to be a universe reset, like BSG and Star Trek XI, or it it going to be a retcon, where the old universe is till there, but we changed what happened?

I was initially a proponent of the later, but a universe rest could also be cool. My main concern with that idea is that we aren't professional writers by a long shot, keeping the essence of SG while revamping a whole universe would be hard. hard as in, we probably can't do it "hard".

In terms of mythology, what about Ragnarok? It seems like the replicators were heading towards a Fenrir type thing before they got decked.

Now, as to ships and stuff, I think before we go into details, we should talk about how we're going to be fighting. Goa'uld fighting is ritualized, tehcnology changes slowly, and battles are supposed to be glorious and showy rather than practical. hence armies of Jaffa charging each otehr with Staff Weapons while Death gliders dogfight overhead, using their inertia-less engines for some really impressive maneuvering, combining the sleekness of high tech plane with the class of old school dog-fighting.

Earth obviously doesn't follow that doctrine. So imagine you've been assigned to a think tank tasked with finding the most efficient way of destroying Goa'uld.

Threatening a Ha'Tak with a fighter sized craft would in my opinion be pretty futile, fighters simply can't carry the warheads big enough to get multi-gigaton level explosions. I propose a truck launched Surface to Vacuum Missie, a rocket engine coupled with inertial dampeners and naquadah enhanced fusion warhead. It could be towed (or fired) through the gate, and remote piloted like a UAV to avoid enemy fighters before going boom on a proximity fuse.
                  Something like this.
                  I just starting learning about Norse mythology( also Icelandic mythology), all about the Asgard and Raknarok . my teacher gave us all a list about all the gods (I mean all) and what there purpose was. They Sg-1 writers had just started scratching the bottom of the Asgard so if you like some help about the Asgard and that mythology just let me know. I´d like to be some part of this

Comment

we could also as several expert desigers to make their designs and vote for them. my designs have more often been turned down for their specs than for the 3d design.

so i think it should be different. just collectively make a set of specs, or a basic form of specs, and then have the designers design a ship, then vote for the best one and make a full set of specs.

ok in my idea America is the discoverer of the gate, but russia and china and well, the entire G8 is in control of the actual project. the wonderful quote i have:

"some of the best scientists in the world are working on reverse engineering alien technology. but to make significant progress, we need the rest too."

i'm not sure on a future fleet, as it might get.... uber? there's too much way too advanced tech lying around in the 3.0 verse and people have way too easy access to that. in fact, the Tau'ri had WAY too much advancement, becoming a Fifth Race in some 60 years

Comment

we need to scale that down. the Tau'ri should become the fifth race, but after something like 300 years, 2300s anyone.

www.darkarmada.nl
                      www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

except that in 3.0 that already happened.

which is why, for the sake of simplicity, clarity and realism, i think we should stick with something close to my idea. simply set down a short history, do without complex and advanced warships for a while, go use fighters *and when equipped with nukes, they're far more cost effective than big ass warships*, and go steal goauld ships and use those for a while.

personally i think large fleets reduce the SG feel. it's like forcibly mixing Stargate with Starwars

Comment

Which is a good thing. What SG was missing was the more complex depth of storyline and space action. The fleets gave it that. Maybe not specific versions that people may wish but i stick by most of what the fleet did. Nearly everything we did from the outset was a logical extrapolation of what has happened and been portrayed in the show. The fleets had some boosts and some plot holes but the show itself is hardly innocent. Im a great believer in creative license when it comes to storytelling, as in specific events may be exaggerated or capabilities skewed for dramatic effect but those were few and far between not a consistent error, the Daedalus and Odyssey are hardly innocent when its come to this either, its a feature of stargate writing that i think we lived up too, even now on SGU, first they couldnt fire any weapons and then drop the main cannon and blast away...that doesnt make sense but worked on screen and its the same with much of the fleet writings. I would like to conduct a general review of the past fleets, what did people specificly think were wrong with them? examples of Uberness? Specific plot points of races which were too out there for SG, and dont worry i have my own critiques as well but i will respond to them properly.. i think its important to review 1,2,3 to get 4 right, and have it out there.
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          Stargate : Genesis |
                          Original Starship DesignThread
                          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                          11000! green me

Comment

tep you do realise that when you're on a ship with no weapons, the first a very millitary colonel would do is order weapons to be found, tested and repaired when needed? besides, Eli's had kinos go all over the ship since they got there, and they have suits. besides, Rush obviously got more control since they got there.

examples of Uberness
                            a race catching up on several million years of advancement in 60 meagre years?

Comment

They didnt catch up, they stole and were working with the people who were a few million years ahead of them. most the advancements the tauri have got in 3.0 are because our main research centre in pegasus is 1/4 Asgard and 1/5 Ancient in population who use earth's resources and manpower in exchange for vast resources to rebuild their own civilization in exchange for upgrading our own. we protect the Ancients by proxy of them giving us the advancements we need to do it. they cant build a fleet the size of ours or to the size they used to have, thier best option was to use Earth as a proxy fleet until they could rebuild, which they are doing thanks to us giving them a huge amount of resources to do so.
                              We are also no where near "caught up" anyway, the technology on our ships in terms of weapons are entirely human built based on things already in the shows. Ion cannons and Rail guns and naquadah reactors. We have Asgard shields and hyperdrives just like in the show. We just power them better because after 60 years we have built large scale reactors for our ships. The only ancient weapon system we have in the fleets are Gaia's beam cannons which are retro-engineered from Lantian designs of the satellites and working with the asgard and ancients to construct a version compatable with our technology.
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

Killman, a 3rd generation human race would be able to start from scratch: so from the start of their exploration into space

Comment

Working...
                                X