Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is going to command SG-1 in Season 9? (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is going to command SG-1 in Season 9? (Spoilers)

Okay, we know that BB's new character is going to a Lieutenant-Colonel.
    But Carter is also a Lieutenant-Colonel, so who's in charge ?
    IMO they should use this as an excuse to promote Carter to Colonel and give her command.
    sigpic

SGU Continued....

Carter is a Colonal? I thought she was a Major...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

well, do we know that browder will even play a character on the team sg-1? i'd think carter would still be commander even with another member. who knows, they might even promote her again, but its unlikely. and where are people getting all the info on the browder character?
      ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Janus
        Okay, we know that BB's new character is going to a Lieutenant-Colonel.
        But Carter is also a Lieutenant-Colonel, so who's in charge ?
        IMO they should use this as an excuse to promote Carter to Colonel and give her command.
        You can't go and promote Carter to a full bird Colonel after only 1 year of being a Lieutenant Colonel. Not only would it throw realism out of the window, the Air Force advisors would probably get involved and state you can't do that. You usually spend about 5 to 7 years as a Lt.Col before you make the jump to Colonel.

Carter will stay a Lt.Col as will Browder's new character. I am betting that it will be a sort of tension between the two, albeit minimal tension as Carter has the experience and has been in charge ever since O'Neill accepted his promotion to General.

I have faith in the writers and they will keep Carter in command. They wouldn't throw away 8 years of us getting to know a character to only have her brushed aside by Browder's character in one season.

Ace
        "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

I have faith in the writers and they will keep Carter in command. They wouldn't throw away 8 years of us getting to know a character to only have her brushed aside by Browder's character in one season.

Ace[/QUOTE]
          i agree carter will remain in command.

Comment

If Sam's not in command...

...I may lose my temper.

That would be the equivalent of Jonas taking over Daniels lab while Daniel wasn't ascended.

This post is a babble...Ignore it
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Maybe Browder will be in command temporarily til AT gets back. You can hardly put 2 Lt. Colonels on one team.

Comment

I know. It totally surprised me when they said BB would be the same rank as Sam. That can't be.
                He should be a major at most.
                May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                  You can't go and promote Carter to a full bird Colonel after only 1 year of being a Lieutenant Colonel. Not only would it throw realism out of the window, the Air Force advisors would probably get involved and state you can't do that. You usually spend about 5 to 7 years as a Lt.Col before you make the jump to Colonel.

I agree it's unlikely that they would promote Sam again. But what kind of realism is it to put two officers of the same rank on the same 4-person team? It would never happen; it's a recipe for disaster.

J.
                  "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

I was thinking of replacements for O'Neill to lead SG-1, someone with the same spin and wit as Jack. These are the actors I think could do it.

Ben Browder (yeah)
                    Richard Burgi (was Captain Dax in Starship Troopers 2)
                    Adam Baldwin (possibly)

anyone else?

Brian

Comment

Ummm... First off, I thought Carter was in charge, now.

Second, what's the point of replacing Jack with Jack Lite? If any character is going to join/lead SG-1, it should be someone who is DIFFERENT from the other characters. You will never have another character like Jack... or Sam or Daniel or Teal'c... and you shouldn't TRY. It sets up all sorts of bad comparisons and makes the hostility towards the "replacement" character worse than necessary.

I hope Sam stays in charge. It'd say a lot of negative things, otherwise.

Also, if this is about S9, it belongs in Gen Disc.

Comment

Well Jack MAKES the show. Think about how action-packed the show was BEFORE season 8. I don't think they fired a gun once in season 8.

Carter is cool and all, but not a good leader, she's too technical.

Comment

Jack makes the show FOR YOU, perhaps. RDA's name may be above the title, but the show itself is still called Stargate: SG-1, not Stargate: Jack O'Neill.

And if you rate the merit of a show based on how many shots have been fired, well... Best not to comment on that.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
                            I agree it's unlikely that they would promote Sam again. But what kind of realism is it to put two officers of the same rank on the same 4-person team? It would never happen; it's a recipe for disaster.

J.

yes, it is. However, it makes sense if skiffy is going for the 'let's punish the female for daring to have a child and make sure she's knocked down to her proper place' syndrome

after all, we all know that it's just not possible for females to lead anyone and be in command. they MUST have a big strong male to lead the way

sam getting promoted just won't happen. someone has said that lt col to full colonel is a 4-7 year process. If they're gonna flaut that reg, there are a lot more they can flaut.

This is a situation that COULD be good. If we have sam absent, ben running sg1 for a time, then sam comes back and there's some tension when sam is put back into command

or it can be very bad if sam gets kicked in the teeth and 'put in her place'
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It seems that Carter loses command of SG-1 to Ben Browder's characher. Although both are Lieutenant Colonels, Browder gets his pick of commands due to some action he performed off-screen (probably in the second half of season 8). I guess that he also has seniority in the Air Force but the proof hasn't been spoiled yet.

THIS PISSES ME OFF!!! Carter has helped save the Earth how many times now? She should have been promoted long ago along with Lieutenant General O'Neil. Carter, along with the rest of the origional SG-1 members, also has more experience with off-world situations than anyone else on the planet!

I will only accept Browder as commander if his post is temporary as Carter is indisposed (i.e. recovering from injuries or illness).

Edit: How did this post end up here? Was it moved?
                              Last edited by Lord You; 21 December 2004, 05:47 PM. Reason: loose lose

Comment

Working...
                              X