Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SG-1 Actor News & Appearances (Non-Stargate)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source: SciFi and TV Talk - Kavan Smith Interview
    Blog Twitter

Comment

Kendall Cross (Julia Donovan) guest starred on this week's episode of Fringe, "Bloodline."
      Blog Twitter

Comment

Source: York University Alumni News [follow link for complete article]

Brad Wright at career networking event:

“If you want to work in this industry, you will,” said alumnus Brad Wright (BA ‘84), a screenwriter best known for co-creating the hit sci-fi TV series “Stargate SG-1”, “Stargate Atlantis” and “Stargate Universe”. “You may have to take another job to pay the bills. You may not work at the level you want to right away. But the way I see it, the people who gave it up are the ones who never really began.”
        Blog Twitter

Comment

Source: SciFi and TV Talk

Sci-Fi Blast From The Past - Alexis Cruz (Stargate SG-1)
          Blog Twitter

Comment

Beau Bridges Audio Interview
            Blog Twitter

Comment

Since Amanda is involved overall in the series, all the Sanctuary noms are listed.

2011 Leo Award nominations have been announced. Full list at http://www.leoawards.com/nominees_by_program_2011.html

SANCTUARY (under Dramatic Series category)

Best Dramatic Series (Damian Kindler, Amanda Tapping, Martin Wood, Alan McCullough, Lily Hui, James Thorpe, Lee Wilson, George Horie, Gillian Horvath – Producers)
              Best Direction – Steve A. Adelson - “Vigilante*
              Best Screenwriting – Damian Kindler – “Breach”
              Best Screenwriting – James Thorpe – “For King and Country”
              Best Cinematography – Gordon Verheul – “For King and Country”
              Best Picture Editing – Gordon Rempel – “Breach”
              Best Picture Editing – Eric Hill – “For King and Country”
              Best Overall Sound – Jean Tejkel, Keven Sands, Hugo de la Cerda, Keven Belen – “Kali 3”
              Best Overall Sound – Jean Tejkel, Keven Sands, Hugo de la Cerda, Keven Belen – “Breach”
              Best Costume Design – Christina McQuarrie – “For King and Country”
              Best Visual Effects – Lee Wilson, Lisa Sepp-Wilson, Les Quinn, Coliln Ebbeson, Lionel Lim – “Kali 3”
              Best Visual Effects – Lee Wilson, Lisa Sepp-Wilson, Les Quinn, Coliln Ebbeson, Lionel Lim – “Hollow Men”
              Best Stunt Coordination – Marshall Virtue, Rob Hayter – “Breach”
              Best Guest Performance by a Male – Ian Tracey – “For King and Country”
              Best Supporting Performance by a Male – Ryan Robbins – “Animus”
              Best Lead Performance by a Male – Robin Dunne – “Vigilante”
              Best Lead Performance by a Female – Amanda Tapping – “Breach”

Best Supporting Performance by a Male in a Dramatic SeriesColin Cunningham – Living in Your Car – “Chapter 12” (Colin played Major Davis in SG1)
              Brian Markinson – Shattered – “Out of Sorrow” (in SG1 “Scorched Earth” episode)

Comment

I can't find the "Stargate actors spotting" thread otherwise I would have posted there.

But just wanted to give anyone who is around a heads up that "The Lost Treasure of the Grand Canyon" starring Michael Shanks and JR Bourne is on Global right now. Also Peter Kent (Kintac) is in it. Probably others too! So far it looks like Shanks is playing pretty much the same thing as Daniel Jackson. I haven't even heard of this movie until now.
                http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1229370/

Synopsis: Set in the Grand Canyon, a team of Smithsonian researchers have stumbled across a lost walled Aztec city guarded by some evil spirits, including a "great flying serpent of death." As days turn to weeks, Susan Jordan, the daughter of the professor leading the expedition, assembles a team to rescue her father and his colleagues from the clutches of the ancient Aztec warriors and their horrible serpent god.

If anyone can direct me to that thread I'll post this there and then this thread can be deleted.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by dacooker
                The ships named Destiny for a reason....three years my friend, three years....

Comment

Interview with Colin Cunningham (Major Paul Davis) about his work in Falling Skies. See link below:

http://www.themortonreport.com/enter...in-cunningham/

Comment

The Lost Treasure of the Grand Canyon (TV 2008)
                    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1229370/

JR Bourne (Martouf/Lantash) & Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson).

I watched it the other day and it is a 'B' movie...the CG on the beastie is well done, and for predictable roles, the two actors do well. But the filmography on SG1 was better than on this movie.
                    sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

A message by Bill Wanstrom, Publicist:
                      Hi Everyone:

Again Andrew Jackson has guest starred on two new TV series. This time on
                      the TV series, Warehouse 13 & Against The Wall for the USA market.
                      Both episodes should be airing in the USA August 2011.

Andrew's episodes on Razzberry Jazzberry Jam start appearing
                      July 4th on the CBC network in Canada. In Latin America later.
                      This is a kids show where Andrew appears as various musical
                      instruments. In one episode he sings a song as an electric rock guitar.

Andrew Jackson is now recurring as Xcquankly on the Skatoony Animation
                      TV series. Xcquankly is a bat-like creature from South America who
                      belches, spits and breaks wind on everyone.

Andrew has just done another Movie Trailer project. Details to
                      follow.

Checkout Andrew's website for details of the above:
                      http://wanstrom.com/andrew-jackson/

Regards
                      William Wanstrom
                      International Publicist

Comment

Just saw Teryl Rothery in a TV Movie on Nickelodeon. It's called Fairly Odd Movie, which is a live-action movie based off the popular Nick cartoon, Fairly Odd Parents. Teryl plays the mother of Timmy Turner, who is now 23 years old and refuses to grow-up. Cute kid movie.

Comment

Another interview with Colin Cunningham (Major Paul Davis) about the TV series Falling Skies.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/...ligans-island/

My kind of guy:
                          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Jr. Bourne, who plays Martouf/Lantash, is playing as Chris Argent in MTV's Teen Wolf. On Monday nights.

Comment

Looks like Michael Shanks will be back filming at the hallowed halls (or should that be sound stage ) of Bridge Studios....he has taken a small part in a new film starring Jodie Foster and Matt Damon which is being shot there ...for this and info on another guest starring role in the Canadian police drama "Flashpoint" head on over to his official website MSOL...

http://www.michaelshanks-online.com/news/index.shtml

Deeds xx
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                              MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Congratulations to Colin Cunningham (Major Paul Davis, SG1) for being nominated for 2 Gemini Awards!

Best Performance by an Actor in a Featured Supporting Role or Guest Role in a Comedic Series
                                Living in Your Car - Chapter 13
                                The Movie Network/Movie Central (Astral/Corus)
                                Colin Cunningham

Best Performance by an Actor in a Guest Role, Dramatic Series
                                Flashpoint - The Other Lane
                                CTV (Bell Media)
                                Colin Cunningham

http://www.geminiawards.ca/gemini26/...Aug-3-2011.PDF

Colin Cunningham on Urban Rush, posted Aug 3, 2011.
                                http://www.youtube.com/user/urbanrus.../5/xZpAcrt1wcs

My kind of guy:
                                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                                (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Working...
                                X