This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack O'Neill operating Goa'uld technology

I apologise if this subject has come up already, but this just occurred to me as I have just finished watching the first 8 seasons of SG1 (2 more to go )
    What I would like to talk about is Jack O'Neill operating Goa'uld technology; seeing as Carter was able to operate the Goa'uld technology after having Jolinar inside her like the hand device and the healing device I guess that means that O'Neill would be able to operate the same devices as he had the tok'ra Kanen inside of him.
    Does anyone like to expand on this further? I would have liked to see O'Neill operate Goa'uld technology before Richard Dean Anderson left the show as a regular cast member. Is this something you would like to see in the future of Stargate? Personally I would think it would be an interesting concept and how O'Neill reacts to having to use such things as the hand device for whatever purpose that he could be forced into

Actually, he can't. the ability to use goa'uld goodies depends on one having naqahdah in their blood. Jolinar left it in Sam, Qetesh left some behind when she was removed from vala, however, Sam says in an episode that the goa'uld that hathor put in him died before it blended, and it is presumed that Kanan left jack before he could leave much naqahdah behind.

the only reason sam has so much from such a short blending is that jolinar was killed and was absorbed into her body, so sam 'inherited' jolinar's naqahdah.

Personally? i think since he has hte ancient gene, also having him be able to use goa'uld stuff would be an over kill.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

As Skydiver said, Jolinar died inside sam and left a marker behind which has left her able to use Goa'uld Technology, Vala was Qatesh for some time which would have left alot of naquadra residue when she was removed.

Jack However only had Kanen in him for about a month and then he left O'neills body and erm slithered off never to be seen again, Although he might be able to have limited control I dont think he has any other Goa'uld Technology

But having the ATA Gene gives him so much more!

Comment

Was it a whole month Kanan was blended with jack? I got the impression it was a very short time.
        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
          Was it a whole month Kanan was blended with jack? I got the impression it was a very short time.

Close to it, the episode Abyss I think it was reffered too as not having heard anything in weeks, which in context sounded like more than 2/3

Comment

Not to put a fly in the ointment or anything, but didn't the symbiote Hathor put in Jack die inside him as well?

I thought the difference was that the two symbiotes Jack had never blended fully with him while the symbiotes Sam and Vala had did fully blend. That's why Sam and Vala have memories of the symbiote left over as well but Jack doesn't.

Hey! I think I have an idea to send to these guys! I wonder if there are any of the old Goa'uld symbiote props still lying around somewhere?

Comment

i don't even think we need a technical reason why Jack never operated a Go'auld device. He'd probably rather chop his arm off than use one, given the fact that he never really cared for the Tok'ra to begin with, then had an exceptionally bad experience with Kanan.

I don't think the writers would even bother trying to address the issue. Sam never liked using the hand devices- I would think Jack would be so repulsed by them that the story would be a non-starter.

Comment

i don't think that he would be able to but he does need to he can already operate ancient tech and that is so much better than gou'ule tech

ATLANTIS FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
                  Not to put a fly in the ointment or anything, but didn't the symbiote Hathor put in Jack die inside him as well?

I thought the difference was that the two symbiotes Jack had never blended fully with him while the symbiotes Sam and Vala had did fully blend. That's why Sam and Vala have memories of the symbiote left over as well but Jack doesn't.

Hey! I think I have an idea to send to these guys! I wonder if there are any of the old Goa'uld symbiote props still lying around somewhere?
                  Most of the symbote props were CGI

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                    i don't even think we need a technical reason why Jack never operated a Go'auld device. He'd probably rather chop his arm off than use one, given the fact that he never really cared for the Tok'ra to begin with, then had an exceptionally bad experience with Kanan.

I don't think the writers would even bother trying to address the issue. Sam never liked using the hand devices- I would think Jack would be so repulsed by them that the story would be a non-starter.
                    I agree totally. Just becuase he was blended once doesn't mean he automatically would want, or know how, to use Goa'uuld/Tok'Ra tech. had difficultly using the ribbon device, let alone the healing device (both took great concentration from her to work).

on the other hand, shows great proficenct with Goa'uuld/Tok'Ra tech which requires nadaqudia in the blood to work - even going so far as showing her use a Super Solider suit in 'Promethues Unbound' - particularly with both version of the Goa'uuld healing device (Prometheus Unbond, The Powers That Be, it is also mentioned in other episodes).

Unlike , whom was more possessed than properly blended, retained memories Jolinar left with her willingly, whereas , IMHO at least, had enough time as Qeutesh's host to sift through some of her memories when she was host to her/it (since symbiotes have no real gender & are asexual, according to Martouf/Lantash).

It would be interesting to see a fan fic where :Jack: had to learn to use Goa'uuld tech to save the team or someone close to him (say ) - any takers?

Comment

Anyway he can't operate Goa'uld tech, because the Ancient (head sucking) Knowledge device can feel if a Goa'uld is near. Because when Teal'c came near it it did nothing. Ok Jack doesn't have a symbiote, but I think he hasn't naquadah in his blood.
                      sigpic

Comment

Not to mention, by the time O'Neill had Kanan (hmmm... isn't that the same name/spelling as Teyla's guy? You'd think the writers would be more original with the naming) the writers had totally forgotten about/dropped the issue of after effects from Carter's blending. So why would they resurrect essentially the same thing when they'd already struck out with it once?

And yes, as Sky said O'Neill using Goa'uld and Ancient tech would have been way too much.

I would have much rather seen the show continue with this whole line of inquiry with Carter. They had a gold mine of material and totally dropped the ball. Such a shame.

Comment

I believe Teyla's other half has 3 A's: Kanaan vs Kanan.
                          Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 23 January 2009, 08:23 PM.
                          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Still, they're practically the same name.

Comment

Working...
                            X