No announcement yet.

Don S. Davis: 1942-2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was shocked to hear about the passing of such a great man....I never had the pleasure to meet him but from what others say about him he seemed a trully genuine and caring man......He will not be forgotten..His legacy will live on...He helped a great deal in geting Stargate where it is today and he willl be remembered

May you rest in peace Don S Davis (General Hammond,Hammond of Texas) The one true leader of SGC!
    sigpic

Comment

I have just seen the video dedication on Gateworld play. I couldn't believe it.

As many have said here, my sincere condolences go out to Mr Davis's family and friends. I am sorry to say I never had the opportunity to meet him, but his reputation as an kind and generous man preceded him. I truely feel sorry for eveyone who knew him for their loss.

- Saberblade is right -

Honestly, I hope they are able to dedicated Continuum to him. I wonder if there is anyone that can be asked about the possibility of that.
      considering this sad turn of events, it would only seem proper for the TPTB and MGM to dedicate Stargate Contiunuum to Mr Davis's memory?
      Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
      Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

So long Hammond of Texas. Don was a great actor, I feel heart broken at this news. May he Rest in peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderbird 2 View Post

considering this sad turn of events, it would only seem proper for the TPTB and MGM to dedicate Stargate Contiunuum to Mr Davis's memory?
          It should, but I don't think they can. The DVDs have been made and the movie completed, so I don't think they can change or add anything to it.

They can always put some extra...I don't know, sticker or something onto the packaging if they really want to commemorate Don.

Comment

R.I.P Don S. Davis You will be missed.

Comment

I sincerely doubt that they can dedicate continuum to him, at least not this pressing. The dvd's are out next week right? the copies have long since been made and packaged and are likely sitting in warehouses to be shipped out to retailers, probably the end of this week, if they're not already enroute.

It's a lovely sentiment, just not something that i think is possible
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

well the movie will come out 29 of juli and a hope that they can deticate the movie to this great man

Comment

im from england and don s davis was one of my favourite charcters. you could see the man was a gentleman and who deserved to be called a human being with a heart. r.i.p

Comment

I've just read about this news on the main Gateworld homepage. I am deeply saddened by it and would like to offer my sincerest condolences to Don's family and friends.

While I never got to meet the man, I still have a lot of good memories from his time on Stargate. I think my favourite episode for General Hammond has to be the excellent "Heroes Part 2". Two scenes stand out for me.

The first is when he goes to see Carter after Janet Frasier's killed off-world. At first he's very much the senior-officer comforting one of his officers. But when Carter asks him how he is "holding-up" himself, he lets all that down and admits that despite what he's been trained to do, he's feels very closely attached to the people under his command, especially SG-1 and Doctor Frasier.

The other scene was when he's watching the tribute video that has been made by the visiting media crew. Hammond doesn't say anything, but his expression once again shows he's really struggling to hold it together. Indeed, the DVD commentary for the episode explained that this was for real and Don was very much moved by the video since he'd obviously known soldiers who'd died while he'd been a soldier himself.

I am really pleased we will once again get to see him in action in the forthcoming movie, "Stargate Continuum". I know it's probably too late, but it'd be a nice touch if they add a tribute to either the beginning or end of the movie.

Rest in peace, Don. I salute you.
                    sigpic

Comment

Awww I can't believe this. This sucks.

R.I.P Don S. Davis - We love you!

Comment

I still am in shock at the moment at the loss of this gentle, great and wonderful man.

We will all miss him for his strength of character and wonderful sense of humour.

He will always be remembered as a man who is passionate about his wife, family, art and the fans.

Comment

This is terrible news. Don will be sorely missed http://prisonbreakforum.co.uk/images...s/crybaby2.gif

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            It should, but I don't think they can. The DVDs have been made and the movie completed, so I don't think they can change or add anything to it.

They can always put some extra...I don't know, sticker or something onto the packaging if they really want to commemorate Don.
                            Hopefully when it comes to airing the movie they'll be able to stick something at the start of the end.

Comment

A variety of sites are now reporting on the passing of Don S. Davis:

Pop Culture Zoo

Screen Rant

Cinematical

Monsters and Critics

iO9

SG-1's producer, Joe Mallozzi shared that his favorite memory of Davis' was watching him work the conventions with fans. Many fans approached the General with trepidation (because of his character) but Davis was always incredibly charming with the fans and won them over immediately. Mallozzi also added that Davis was a true friend and, "had a bigger heart than his character that he played... and will be missed not just by the fans but by everyone who worked with him."

All Headline News

TV Squad

Coventry Telegraph

The TV Show Blog

SciFi Cool

Pop Critics

Fused Film

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

My condolences to his family and friends.

I'm going slighty mmmaaaddd hee hee hee

Comment

Working...
                                X