No announcement yet.

Don S. Davis: 1942-2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Condolences to Mr. Davis's family and friends.

He was truly a man I would have liked to have met. He will be deeply missed.

Comment

(((don)))

a few years ago, when sg1 was in its 7th season, i met amanda tapping and don at a comic con. poor don, i literally ignored him when i went to the autograph session, because i was meeting amanda *my idol* , but he was very, very sweet to me. i got to talk to him later on (without amanda distracting me ), and i even got to give him a hug.

i'll always remember general hammond -THE best commander of the sgc- and i'll always remember the lovely don i got to ignore *oy* and meet one time.

you will be missed, don.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

I was shocked to see on the front page about his passing. I've mostly known him for playing Gen. Hammond. He was a great actor and did him well. My prays will go out to his family and friends.

Comment

I didn't even know that he'd left SG-1 for medical reasons. I just thought he wanted to go off and do other things. This was a complete shock to me.

Stargate never had a better "Commander" than Mr. Davis. His shoes were so big that no one really filled them right. Today is truly a sad day.

Comment

Man. I'm not an emotional in the least, and I nearly shed a tear over this (not to sound mean). I'm going to miss him.

RIP - Davis/Hammond of Texas

PS - I'm curious to see if they'll touch on this at all in another SG1 movie.

Comment

My deepest condolences to Don's family and friends.

He will be sorely missed, as an actor, as an artist, but most as a kind-hearted person.
              Godspeed, Don.

Comment

This is heartbreaking news. My condolences to his wife and family. He was a wonderful actor and his passing leaves a giant void in the Stargate universe.
                R.I.P Don.

Wilson3Girl

Comment

I found out a few hours ago, I still get teary eyed when I read everyones thoughts and reminisances. I...I'm still stunned. He was a gentle man who will be greatly missed.

May the road rise up
                  to meet you,
                  May the wind be always
                  at your back.
                  May the sun shine
                  warm upon your face.
                  And the rains fall
                  soft upon your fields,
                  And, until we meet again,
                  May God hold you ,
                  in the palm of His hand.
                  ~An Irish Blessing
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

RIP don, I am sorry to hear the news, truly shocking

Comment

I am truly saddened to hear this news. My condolences to his wife and family.

Wilson3Girl

Comment

Godspeed, Captain Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                          Man. I'm not an emotional in the least, and I nearly shed a tear over this (not to sound mean). I'm going to miss him.

RIP - Davis/Hammond of Texas

PS - I'm curious to see if they'll touch on this at all in another SG1 movie.
                          I hope they do...he was a major part of the franchise for such a long time...the father of SG1, both he and his character, Hammond, deserve a tribute of sorts from Stargate. Anything from a scene or a piece of dialogue...he deserves it.

A great, warm and wonderful man.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

i was very shocked 2 hear the awful news *cries* he will always be remembered

Comment

OMG....that is such sad news!! Such a talented man, taken too early...my sympathies go to his family and friends. He will be missed.

RIP
                              sigpic
                              My Manips & other artwork!

Comment

Don was a truly remarkable man.

I can still remember someone asking him, "Don, what do you think about known as a Boy Toy"

Slow Molasses Drawl, "That's the first time I've ever been called that."

sigpic

Selmak.Org ~ A website dedicated to a Snarky Symbiote & Her Boy Toys.
                                Sel's Memorial to Don Davis.

Comment

Working...
                                X