No announcement yet.

Don S. Davis: 1942-2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with his family and friends.
    He will be missed
    Be at peace, Don

Comment

We have indeed lost a great actor and a great man. Don S. Davis you will be miss for all that you have done for the Stargate Franchise and for Sci Fi.
      There will never be a better General Hammond nor a better base command than you. My heart goes out to the family and friends of Don and May he rest in peace. Don will truly be missed but never forgotten thanks to the Stargate Franchise

Comment

My condolences to Don's family, friends, co-workers, and his fans.

Don, we'll miss you.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I rarely post here, but am always lurking.

I really can't believe that this happened, I'm really still in shock.

I actually checked the calendar to see if it was still April...even though this would be a horrible joke =(

Millions of people will be mourning Don, and hopefully he knows how much of an impact he's made on so many people.

No SG1 theatrical film will ever be worth seeing now after this loss =(

RIP

Comment

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
            And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
            Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
            Of sun-split clouds, — and done a hundred things
            You have not dreamed of — wheeled and soared and swung
            High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there,
            I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
            My eager craft through footless halls of air. . . .

Up, up the long, delirious burning blue
            I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
            Where never lark, or ever eagle flew —
            And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod
            The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
            Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

— John Gillespie Magee, Jr

rest in peace Don.

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."--Thucydides

Comment

i followed Don's work ever since i saw him on Stargate for the first time. i cannot believe that this could happen. we all will miss you very much.
              your new guide to stargate news.
              www.stargatenews.mypodcast.com

Master Control Radio
              www.mastercontrol.mypodcast.com

Comment

Deepest condolences to all those involved with Don over the years. His time on SG-1 was a joy and delight for us all. Indeed it will continue to be as we revisit the show over the years to come. For it is only through celebrating Don's phenomenal career and substance of character that we can truly deal with this tragic loss.
                sigpic

Comment

The sadness of dying dosent take away from the good of their lives. I for one will enjoy watching him on the old sg1s forever, and continuum will have alittle extra poignancy for me now. Rest in Peace.

Comment

This is such sad news. He was a talented actor and by all accounts a great person. My condolences to his family and friends.

Comment

Very sad news indeed, Don was fantastic as General Hammond, God speed Don we will miss you.
                      ......TARA......

Comment

Goodbye to General Hammond and to the fine, talented gentleman who portrayed him, Don S. Davis.

Comment

I'm so saddened by this news. Don was a beautiful man who seemed perpetually happy. He brought a wonderful sense of family to Stargate and we his fans will miss him so much.

Safe journey, Don.

sigpic

http://hevnlybarquings.livejournal.com/
                          http://heavenlybarquings.googlepages.com/

Comment

I am gutted.
                            My brother died the same way and it's very rough on the family when they have little or no time to say goodbye.
                            I urge everyone here to stop by Don's personal art site. You will see what a truly multi-talented man we lost. He wasn't just some actor who "also did" art, he was an actual artist with amazing range and depth of material. I feel certain it's part of how he'd like to be remembered.

Comment

Goodbye Don, thanks for many wonderful years of your talent both on and off screen. You will be deeply missed and we will never forget you.
                              When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                              Zatnikitelman

Comment

Goodbye Mr Davis and rest in peace. Your Accademic and artistic credentials are inspiring, and you have left us with a wonderful legacy. We will miss you Hammond Of Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X