Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Journey through Stargate SG1 - episode by episode.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm actually glad he didn't say anything....the smile was far more subtle and absolutely right for the Jack and Daniel friendship imho... ...
    sigpic
    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
      I'm actually glad he didn't say anything....the smile was far more subtle and absolutely right for the Jack and Daniel friendship imho... ...
      i agree
      sigpic
      The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
        yeah agree too. it was totally way jack would react, as he wasn't sure if it was daniel or not.
        sigpic

Comment

The "goodnight, Daniel" line would have been odd coming from Jack to be honest. Too soft and too sentimental. One thing to really admire about Jack is that some of the best answers he gives are those that consist of nods, gestures and facial expression. In fact, when watching the episode I knew Jack was thinking of Daniel so the scene worked effectively without the dialogue. By having him make such a direct and obvious line would have just been playing down to the audience like a Disney family movie.

Comment

6.01: Redemption - Part 1

It's clear that early on in the episode this season will really be no different from the ones which have preceded it. That is, doing everything from preventing the creativity of the series from coming to a standstill by moving forward the story, production, feel and over all series forward. I love the new title sequence, it's the best yet.

The story continues on pretty much from where S5 left off but picks up the slack and gives us something to keep us going. Though, the ending with Anubis felt like something out of a video game: setting up the next sequence of action by having the lead villain's grandiose speech threatening his adversaries with great destruction.

As for Jonas Quinn, I have a feeling i'm going to grow to like him. Like any newbie, he doesn't quite feel right at the moment as the chemistry seems a bit off and the character is just finding his footing. But there's a lot to like about him. Naturally, I miss Daniel but I look forward to seeing how this character develops.

I worthy start to a bold new season.

4 out of 5

Comment

^ Nice to see that you enjoyed season 6, which by the way is my favorite season of them all.

Originally posted by TryWhistlingThis View Post
              In all honesty, I am very uncomfortable with SG1 going on without RDA and expect to hate seasons 9 & 10. But i'm not going to stop at S8, i'm going right through as promised, but i'm not the most enthusiastic about it either.
              I actually think that you'll be pleasantly surprised. While season 9 has a bit of a rocky start, season 10 is absolutely fantastic.
              sigpic

Comment

By having him make such a direct and obvious line would have just been playing down to the audience like a Disney family movie.
                Hmm...just wait till you get to the last seasons. Some lines are beyond terrible.

I love the new title sequence, it's the best yet.
                Is it the one with the Gate spinning all the time? If so, I totally agree, but it will change soon.

As for Jonas Quinn, I have a feeling i'm going to grow to like him. Like any newbie, he doesn't quite feel right at the moment as the chemistry seems a bit off and the character is just finding his footing. But there's a lot to like about him. Naturally, I miss Daniel but I look forward to seeing how this character develops.
                I'm sure you'll like Jonas. He's become my 3rd favourite character in the show and after season 6 ended I could honestly say I liked him just as much as season 1-6 Daniel (and much more than the character Daniel would become later). As for the team dynamic, it's one of the things I love the most about season 6. It changed, the roles of SG-1 team members changed as well and it allowed for some fantastic character development for all 5 members, past and present.
                There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                sigpic
                awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

that was my fav title sequence aswell i wish they had kept it
                  sigpic

Comment

glad to see that your going to give jonas a try (he is one of my fav characters).

i don't remember this title sequence. all i remember is that in season 6 hulu does this weird thing were they don't put a commercial right after the song but later.
                    sigpic

Comment

Jonas Quinn: The most underrated character in SG-1.

I think the character is great though.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                        Jonas Quinn: The most underrated character in SG-1.

I think the character is great though.
                        agreed and what annoys me most is the way they dont even acknoledge he exists after season 7 i wanted to see more of him with daniel as i thought they worked well together in what few scenes they had.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
                          agreed and what annoys me most is the way they dont even acknoledge he exists after season 7 i wanted to see more of him with daniel as i thought they worked well together in what few scenes they had.
                          i agree, there scenes were great.
                          sigpic

Comment

Sorry about the delay between reviews, everyone. Just had exams so I had to take a forcd break. But regular viewing will now continue as normal

6.02: Redemption (Part 2)

This was another rare episode where the second half actually paid off the first part quite well despite a lack luster cliffhanger and recovery from it. It was good to see McKay and Carter's working relationship evolve though I was surprised that we didn't see a little more of Jonas Quinn, especially since his involvement was instrumental to the resolution in the end. I'm unclear on how they're going to prevent something like this from happening again though even though they have the Russian's gate. Is it because the weapon has been destroyed and the threat is perceived as gone?

Apart from that I think this episode has set the season up pretty well. If anything, they should have just made it a 90 minute episode to set the season up.

5 out of 5

(BTW, where are the forum tools like bold, underline and italics?)

Comment

I hope your exams went well. I'm sure it's nice to have them done.

Teal'c, Bray'tac and Ry'ac return to earth and inform the SGC that the weapon has been completely destroyed. I think the PTB try to make it pretty clear from the effects that there will be no fixing it. So, while the threat from Anubis still exists (he's obviously going to try to destroy earth again), the possibility of him blowing up the gate does not. Thus, allowing the SGC to continue operations.

They've been playing around with the forum (doing updates and such I imagine). Hopefully, the quick reply tools will be back in a few days. You can still access the bold, etc. by clicking on the "Go Advanced" button. Or you can type them in manually.

Comment

6.03: Descent

This was another decent episode. It had its weaknesses but nothing awful. I was mainly surprised by the moment in the episode where the ship supposedly hits the surface of the water but there was nothing to cue it (a CGI sequence, sound effects, camera shakes) apart from the water filling the cabin. I also thought that Quinn's override of the system underwater was a bit effortless for what he needed to do. It would have also been nice to see more of the samurai Goa'uld, they were awesome.

But Quinn's character is certainly developing.

4 out of 5

Comment

Working...
                                X