This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what season should i buy

what season do you guys think I should buy season 1,2 or 3 those are the only ones i have left to buy i just can't aford to buy all 3 right now me having to save for college and all.

I'd say look at the synopsis for each episode of each season...whichever season has the most appealing episodes, then that's the one you should buy
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I would go with 3 it has "Urgo", "Foothold", "A hundred days", "shades of grey", and "maternal instinct" some of the best episodes in the early seasons.
      sigpic

Comment

I would get season 1. I'm rewatching the show from the beginning right now and I had forgotten how amazing it was in the beginning.

I miss the days of wonderous exploration, Daniel actually being an archaeologist, Apophis, and if at all possible, hiding from Serpent Guards.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

season 4 is my fav. But i read summaries of the episodes before deciding whether to buy a box set or not. hope this helps.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Get 3. Just for no specific reason other than it's better than all the rest.

Best Stargate quote:
            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
            Green is your friend.

Comment

That's really an impossible question for anyone but you to answer. There's no difference in the three boxsets in terms of production quality or extras. So the only variable is the episodes contained in each set and how much of them you enjoy/are bored by/dislike.

So, the answer is - buy the one which contains most of the episodes you love the most.

Albion
              Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Albion's right- it's the episodes that really count. I'd say season three, since for me that was when the show really started to hit its stride.

Comment

season 1 baby where it all began it has great eps like thor's hammer,the nox,and tons of others the other night i was reading the backs of all my stargate dvds(stargate:ultimate edition,sg-1 s1-7,and atlantis s1) and most of my fave eps are from the first 2 seasons the first season just really pulls the viewer in and says hey we don't need to confuse the viewer with tons of techno-babble let's just make a good show

Comment

Season 5 i think is the best. Mainly because of 48 hours i think that was a wicked episode and also i liked Wormhole X-treme!.

--Gaz--

Comment

If your choice is between Seasons 1, 2 and 3, I would buy 3. I definitely think it was the best of those three seasons.

Comment

Season 1 definitely. It is the best with Season 2 second and Season 3 after. TPTB, the actors, the show full stop, was at its height and glory in Season 1, rarely matched once Season 3 finished.

S1 has the classic epiosde 'The Torment of Tantalus and S2 has 'The Fifth Race' and that is just for starters!

That being said, I agree with Albion: examine closely the epiosde summaries from each of the first three seasons and your recall of the individual episodes (even do a little table if you wish!) and make your decision.

Only you can truly say which season you prefered the most, but I hope I've been some help!

~ Luthienberen ~
                        The man who opened the way.

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

A mystery ... a secret ... a threshold ... to the future. Stargte the movie

The perfect SG-1 team: Colonel Jack, Daniel, Major Ferretti and Jonas

Comment

I think I am going to buck the trend here and recommend 2.

The Serpent's Lair - One of the best cliffhanger resolution eps.
                          In the Line of Duty - introduces concept of Ashrak
                          Prisoners - best dannyboy line... outside of Serpent's Lair that is.
                          The Gamekeeper -- Fun ep, introduces the VR device and get some character background. The Jack - hammond head pat was worth the ep alone.
                          Need -- Crazy Daniel, good old hippie daniel at that.
                          Thor's Chariot -- fist time to see an asgard ship, gave me chills
                          Message In a Bottle -- a couple of good lines in this one. Great Teal'c (wild equines)
                          Family - Good Teal'c ep. I miss good teal'c eps.
                          Secrets - Meet Jacob for the first time.
                          Bane - 3 words Teal'c\Daniel\Squirt-gun.
                          The Tok'ra, Part 1 - Tokra Arc kicks off.
                          The Tok'ra, Part 2 - Tokra Arc still kicking off, but in a good way.
                          Spirits - Carters first command and some great lines in this one (cheesy costumes though)
                          Touchstone - Maybourn arc starts to build up. SG-1 vs NID.
                          The Fifth Race - Great, great episode. Votes one of the top 10 by fans (from the marathon a while back0
                          A Matter of Time - Apparently this was voted one of the top 10 for the marathon, certainly good ep.
                          Holiday - MS showing his acting skills.
                          Serpent's Song - Apophis fist death.
                          One False Step - Ok, silly ep but you get past the naked white guys and its got some good Daniel\Jack stuff.
                          Show and Tell - RETOOOOOOO
                          1969 -- Voted a fan favorite. Lots of great lines. Great ep.
                          Out of Mind -- First ep I ever saw... holds a special place in my heart.
                          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                          X