Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It kicked ass! In my opinion, everyone had something to do (Except for Vala who didn't get much time at all lol) and it was a great way to end a season! Roll on season 10! And 11! And 12!

Comment

Originally posted by Pasankoon
      i still dont get the whole sward fight of whats wrong with the girl fighting the night
      i hated that too. why does the "hero" (hewo, whatever you wish) have to do all the amazing stuff? how bout the person who makes SENSE to do it? i would have loved to see the girl do it. IMO, it ruined the (supposed, which wouldn't have been funny to me anyway) humorous scene where the villagers were crowding around the girl leaving mitchell in the mud. yet another demostration of pimping the amazing hero at the expense of the woman/person who actually fits the role.
      sigpic
      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
      Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

The Knight was fighting Mitchel, which means, like Teal'c in Avalon Part 2, the girl couldn't have fought him. Only Mitch could've.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
          The Knight was fighting Mitchel, which means, like Teal'c in Avalon Part 2, the girl couldn't have fought him. Only Mitch could've.
          I think this was a completely different scenario. Mitchell had to pull the sword from the stone to activate the knight in "Avalon". When Teal'c tried to take over, Cam tossed him the sword but it went right through him. The girl, Valencia, pulled the sword from the stone in "Camelot". So, she should have been able to fight the Black Knight. Besides, even Daniel said these were two different situations: the knight from "Avalon" was meant as a test, while the Black Knight was meant as a security system that would terrorize the population. Anyone who was able to pull the sword should have been able to engage in combat with the Black Knight.

Comment

Hmm...good point.

Still, Cam was able to beat her before in a sword fight, so I guess she had more confidence in him.

Comment

Hmm...good point.
              Thanks.

Still, Cam was able to beat her before in a sword fight, so I guess she had more confidence in him.
              I thought it was pretty clear that she just wanted Mitchell to take the beating in place of her. It was really quite devious, don't you think?

Comment

That too.

Comment

I didn't think the Arthurian mythology worked as well as some of the earlier stuff. That's about it, really.
                  sigpic
                  "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

i guess i'm made at choreography and history then, not the scene.
                    sigpic
                    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori
                      Good.

Only because of the battle scene. The whole 35 minutes of it was total crap in my opinion until the battle scene. That must have been the best battle scene I have scene in stargate and ranks right at the top with Season 7's The Lost City Part 2 battle scene over the antarctic. But yeh Camelot's battle scene was sick.
                      I was just thinking this, it is a great battle. And i deff cant wait for the new episodes to come to England on sky 1.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                        i hated that too. why does the "hero" (hewo, whatever you wish) have to do all the amazing stuff? how bout the person who makes SENSE to do it? i would have loved to see the girl do it. IMO, it ruined the (supposed, which wouldn't have been funny to me anyway) humorous scene where the villagers were crowding around the girl leaving mitchell in the mud. yet another demostration of pimping the amazing hero at the expense of the woman/person who actually fits the role.
                        I mean, I expected the girl to fight the knight when she pulled the sword, but again Mitchell had experience fighting the knight where as the girl, Valencia, didnt and Mitchell has better skill and training doing so. Besides, it was right for him to try, he didnt become the hero, just protected the people because he and Daniel and Carter and Tealc were to blame, yet one of them had to at least try to fight the knight because it was because of them that this happened, and there wasnt any person more appropiate to fight the knight than Mitchell. Sorry if this offends anyone, but it was fitting.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

I don't see how anyone getting the crap beat out of them could be termed a "hewo moment". Cam was losing.....badly. The only thing that saved him was Daniel destroying the crystals. If you call that a hewo moment then you might want to relearn what a hero is . Was the scene made to show off Cam's talents? You could say that but then when he lost the battle you would be proven wrong. And btw, I would have given the sword to Cam myself based solely on the fact that he was the one under attack so the sword allowed him to defend himself. And that isn't even taking into account his vastly superior experience and skill to my own, or the girl's.

Comment

Terribly........good

(read: outstanding)

Comment

Working...
                            X