This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
    Looks great alx, never heard of vis uban.

Got any more info about it?
    thanks glad you liked it!

and Here ya go pulled off the GW Omnipedia:

VIS UBAN
    Translated "Place of Great Power," Vis Uban is the last world on the list of planets entered into the S.G.C. computer by Colonel Jack O'Neill during his possession of the Ancients' repository of knowledge. Vis Uban was the final city being constructed by the Ancients before they were struck with a plague, wiping out many and forcing the rest to learn to ascend to a higher plane of existence. The world may have even been the place where the plague began. The city was to be the crown jewel in the entire Ancient domain, but was never completed due to the plague. In the centuries since, Vis Uban has been occupied by nomadic peoples who have laid claim to the land.

After Dr. Daniel Jackson was forced to descend as punishment for his actions as an ascended being, Oma Desala (or the Ancients) deposied him, naked, on the planet's surface.

HOME TO - Uninhabited
    FIRST APPEARED - Fallen
    KEY EPISODE(S) -
    Fallen - Jonas leads the team to Vis Uban, believing it is the location of the Ancients' stash of powerful weapons, and instead recovers Daniel Jackson.
    So the model is The Cityship witch once stood on Vis Uban (incomplete at the time) before the Altera moved it either to pegasus or somewhere else and it remains to be discovered by the Tau'ri

small update on the detailing trying to play with the spires and further glass/window detail
    Spoiler:
    Last edited by Alx; 30 August 2009, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Spoiler:

www.darkarmada.nl
      www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

As to sizes of ships:

A few people on the site did calculations as to how big the 302s were compared to 304s. It came to about mid 600s in meters for legnth. Also the modellers of the ships in stargates gave some scalings of them. They differ in size from episode to episode to enhance a feeling of power. Hence why wraith ships sometimes look about 20kms long and sometimes only 5km long. Wasn't it maniacmike who did the size of the Daedalus?
        Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
          Spoiler:
          Coming along nicely loc I like how you've done your own thing with the piers. Keep it up buddy
          sigpic

Comment

I like to make my own type of things

www.darkarmada.nl
            www.runescape.com

Comment

Originally posted by Experiment 442 View Post
              As to sizes of ships:

A few people on the site did calculations as to how big the 302s were compared to 304s. It came to about mid 600s in meters for legnth. Also the modellers of the ships in stargates gave some scalings of them. They differ in size from episode to episode to enhance a feeling of power. Hence why wraith ships sometimes look about 20kms long and sometimes only 5km long. Wasn't it maniacmike who did the size of the Daedalus?
              IMO thats just stupid anyway my point was there are no set scale rules to building SG ships exept the ones you have created for yourselfs!

Comment

locutes I really like your city, I want to see more of you put into it. When you put the towers in is it possible yo see it along side your battle ship, maybe a few of your bombers added.

Your style is really improving and growing on me!

Sorry if any errors in spelling rushed in from the bbq, had a few drinks already.

sigpic

Comment

I like to make my own type of things
                  so do i m8! coming along that base of yuors.. have any designs in mind for the buildings?

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                    IMO thats just stupid anyway my point was there are no set scale rules to building SG ships exept the ones you have created for yourselfs!
                    well exactly and we all go by them. Boberth went through lots and lots of screen shots and sized up the daedalus class and atlantis against items from the same shot that could be sized such as the hight of an actor or the height of a person in a space suit.

Heck, alx just go with it. by setting a standard for everyone we can see scale within our community.

sigpic

Comment

I don't know how to make the buildings yet, but I am going to have to work more on this.

Ok A question to all of you, which looks better?

A
                      Spoiler:

B
                      Spoiler:

also please specify what you would add to the piers I am now working on, I cna use all the input

locutes I really like your city, I want to see more of you put into it. When you put the towers in is it possible yo see it along side your battle ship, maybe a few of your bombers added.

Your style is really improving and growing on me!

Sorry if any errors in spelling rushed in from the bbq, had a few drinks already.
                      and that is an excellent Idea!! That I'm going to do yea
                      Last edited by locutes; 30 August 2009, 06:02 AM.

www.darkarmada.nl
                      www.runescape.com

Comment

well exactly and we all go by them. Boberth went through lots and lots of screen shots and sized up the daedalus class and atlantis against items from the same shot that could be sized such as the hight of an actor or the height of a person in a space suit.

Heck, alx just go with it. by setting a standard for everyone we can see scale within our community.
                        Agreed!

my point was just that the TPTB did a terrible job when it comes to ships and scaling so basically there are no rules exept the ones "we" follow. my only rule is Keep it within reason meaning no Starwars Deathstars or mobile planet sized ships like the ridiculous Magog world ship in andromeda!

Comment

But a Dyson Sphere would be good, for it's not mobile like a ship

www.darkarmada.nl
                          www.runescape.com

Comment

But a Dyson Sphere would be good, for it's not mobile like a ship
                            IMO still overkill but i wont judge you or anyone else for building them huge space thangs as others do! IMO it's still fiction and fiction is as endless as the universe itself when it comes to possibilities for ship design!

Comment

This site invented, or at least we think, the term 'fanwank' for anything that seems impossible to build from the terms of that race and what time it is built in.
                              sigpic

Comment

I like the idea of a Dyson sphere

www.darkarmada.nl
                                www.runescape.com

Comment

Working...
                                X