This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
    It looks ancient but i cant imagine the function of it atall. Would this be in space or on a planet.
    It is space based. The idea is for it to be a watch post at the edge of ancient territory or some kind of research platform. Right now I'm still working on the over all shape of the model so it is at best 5-10% done.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
    Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Yeah i think the shape might work but with some work.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

New ship design

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Comment

An update on my Tauri combat carrier, named it the the Earth Vessel Triton. Remember that the cannons on top rotate to either side rather than a forward firing; cannons on the bays and front of the ship cover the forward arc.

Adding small defensive rail guns around the ship. Still loads to do...loads!

Spoiler:

what do you think?

sigpic

Comment

Like I said on CASF Merlin, the detail may be subtle but it does fit the design of the ship well.

Started on some of the fine details of the arm area.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
            Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Originally posted by RJB View Post
              Like I said on CASF Merlin, the detail may be subtle but it does fit the design of the ship well.

Did you notice that i seperated the images for CASF? I think in future I may run off a few more renders just for CASF, I think we all should add an extra bit for other CASF members, what do you think?
              Last edited by Merlin1701; 10 August 2009, 10:28 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                An update on my Tauri combat carrier, named it the the Earth Vessel Triton. Remember that the cannons on top rotate to either side rather than a forward firing; cannons on the bays and front of the ship cover the forward arc.

Spoiler:

what do you think?
                Seems like a BSG design.
                Looks real good.

Originally posted by Einherjar View Post
                New ship design

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                This looks excellent.
                Very creative and dynamic.

Comment

I've noone has done the hyperdrivers at the rear like the Prometheus and Dadalus have

Comment

Originally posted by RJB View Post

Very, very nice! That shape has some very good possibilities. I was thinking that you could arrange a docking area or something between those two arms. Functionality guaranteed.

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post

Spoiler:

what do you think?
                    Damn! That's one of the finest ships you've made shapewise! If you may, I would suggest that you make 2 versions out of that hull; one is that battle carrier, and other one is a real badass dreadnaught or battleship. Keep the landing platform shape, but modify it to house several large turrets.

In the mean while I went back to my old destroyer and Modelling challenge bomber and made a "quick" scene of them making an atmospheric flight

Spoiler:

Enjoy

Comment

Semmer lives!

Been a while since I have seen you post. Love the scene!

Hey I was wondering if i could request a scene of your entire fleet of Ancient ships?

RJB, I love the new Ancient outpost design!

Just a thought it would be cool to do a 3d video of RJB's and Semmer's Ancient ships with mine. Have them go against the Borg lol.

Comment

Haha, don't worry, I'm very much alive. Just been away from OSDT, busy with other projects.

Umm.. Fleet..? I got only one "ancient" ship.

Comment

semmer thanks for the kind words I know its a little BSG but i dodnt watch it on TV, so when finger was raving about it I bought the boxset had a marathon a few weeks backand watched a few seasons.

what I want to see is that huge station you made!

sigpic

Comment

Haha, don't worry, I'm very much alive. Just been away from OSDT, busy with other projects.

Umm.. Fleet..? I got only one "ancient" ship.
                            Glad to hear that!

Oh I thought you had more then one ancient ship; and I thought the destroyer looked like it was ancient ship.

I know of the Guardian ship you made I really liked that design. What about a scene with a couple of Guardian class ships in it?

Comment

put all your ships into a scene.

I've discovered a thing called SU plugins on the SU forums. (well, a SFM user told me about them and i found out about a few more) Some of them look pretty good. I just need to get this thing fixed then i can finally get some render software!
                              Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Experiement 442 View Post
                                put all your ships into a scene.

I've discovered a thing called SU plugins on the SU forums. (well, a SFM user told me about them and i found out about a few more) Some of them look pretty good. I just need to get this thing fixed then i can finally get some render software!
                                What are SU Plugins?
                                Ah think I found it: http://www.suplugins.com/
                                Interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X