X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good semmer

Comment

Well the ship is 472m long so she might fit into battlecruiser, or destroyer role. But the ship is practically an all role ship. Since she has plenty of firepower, unloading ramp for ground forces and a hangar for Assault Jumpers she does indeed have all the roles from carrier to battlecruiser and dropship. A real workhorse.
      Maybe something like an Assault Carrier or Assault cruiser?
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
        Sweet ships RJB and Semmer.

Done a bit more work on the 'Upgraded 303' idea.

Someone on another site suggested adding something on the sides.... So i have, More engines. Two outside the main engines and another between them, all three slightly scaled down versions fo the main thrusters. In addition to this i've extended the main body of the ship and added a Four F-302 equipped Hangerbay that exits out of the nose.

Spoiler:

This is one of the best 303/304 hybrids I've seen. Good work

Originally posted by RJB View Post
        Another Update

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6...ip5a001ny9.jpg

Time to get some sleep.
        I really love this ship, it's such a unique design.
        I'm really looking forward to seeing more.
        Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
          Well the ship is 472m long so she might fit into battlecruiser, or destroyer role. But the ship is practically an all role ship. Since she has plenty of firepower, unloading ramp for ground forces and a hangar for Assault Jumpers she does indeed have all the roles from carrier to battlecruiser and dropship. A real workhorse.

You mean big turrets? She has 3 big turrets that can shoot stright down and 9-10 railguns to do the same. I can't find space for any more big turrets without changing the geometry.
          On the botom of the engine block, and the bottom of the "beer belly"(), and yes, you shoudl definetly add some forwad PD turets.

Comment

When ever I export a model as .3ds from sketchup and open it in Blender this happens:

It adds an extra 'layer' called foreground that is completely black and gets in the way.
            at the moment I can just select it and delete it, but when I start adding details it gets abit tedious selecting every detail separately and deleting it. Does anyone know why this happens or how to stop it from happening?
            Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Progress for rainy day

Been adding some weapon emplacements, ship got lenghtened by aprox 30 metres and got new pair of engines too

Sorry for the very crappy looking PD guns, but my computer can't handle 33 HD components. Also bigger guns don't have all the parts in place, nor the landing systems. Hope you can withstand it.

Now the ship has 33 PD railguns to cover all angles. Primary tactic, however, during battle is to turn sideways to enemy. There might be room for additonal railguns. Not sure, however, if they are needed...

Foward fixed beam added to the bow. Do we have such weapons in fleet 3.0 or 4.0 ?

8 Energy turrets seems constant. No futher locations are aviable...

Next thing might be to lock missile battery in place and design it. Then move to futher detailing and greebling.

Comments?

Comment

I know this may seem a little....................uncomventional, but placing as many guns as the spaceframe alows for may not be the best idea They use alot of power, and missiels rewquire amunition, so if you have maybe two or four launchers with a decent ROF, your still eating you armement prety quicly.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                  I know this may seem a little....................uncomventional, but placing as many guns as the spaceframe alows for may not be the best idea They use alot of power, and missiels rewquire amunition, so if you have maybe two or four launchers with a decent ROF, your still eating you armement prety quicly.
                  I think the power will not be the issue. The fleet does have some serious power generators at the moment that should be capable handling the weapons in my ship. Plus all the railguns can be powered by few Mk V naquadah generators, I think.

As for the ordnance, all the railguns are rarely used all in once, but when they are all the firepower is needed. The ship should be capable to store 5 to 10 mags for each gun. Plus beaming buffers could be used to store even more.

There won't be a daedalus like amount of missiles aboard the ship. Maybe like half of it distributed to 3-4 places. There's plenty of room in the design.

Comment

Originally posted by Cephalus View Post
                    Could anyone make me a ship for VF 3.0.

It needs to be a battlecruiser for colors i would like the goa'uld gold and black and kinda like a 304.

C
                    Anyone
                    sigpic

Comment

You have a sketch of what you want it to look like?
                      sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

I'll make one.
                        sigpic

Comment

Wow, all of you make extremely good models, I don't know if I'll ever be able to get to that level. Still I've been working on some models(most of them are mostly junk, but I think I have a few good ones...) and hopefully I'll be posting them soon.=D

Comment

Cephalus perhaps these three are OK:

Comment

Hey guys. Here's a test render of a group of Abydos class Destroyers. (from the AU fleet; shape is based off AJT's ship of the same name, but is made entirely by me, specs are radically different) This is my first time with Podium. (dang thing takes forever to render!)

Spoiler:
                              sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Very Cool

New ship... again.

Last night i went back and started looking at the Wasp to see about fixing the out of alingement vertices (Interestingly enough i now find out that i can't create a simple box in Max 9 without the vertices being out of alingement, no matter what i do).

Anyway... I started fiddling about with the shape of the Wasp and i suddenly got an image of the 'Little Bird' helo's....

This was the first 'finished' idea...
                                Spoiler:

Annoyingly i left my computer rendering a shot of all three Helo's over night and about 3am my computer set off an automatic restart update.

And corrupted EVERY SINGLE FREAKING FILE that contained a Mosquito (As i've named the design)... Every single blasted one, from the original file to the back up to the auitoback-ups

So i started again....
                                Spoiler:

The Mozzie is smaller and less armed than a WASP or Hornet. Four static railguns adorn the sides of the craft and provide the ships only armament.

As before the power plant is Jumper Derived while Sheilds are not equipped. The only Asgard influence on the craft is the navigation and radar systems.

The Landing Skids found on it's larger 'brothers' are also gone, replaced by retractable wheels...though i am aweful at building wheels in Max so for now they'll stay retracted

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Working...
                                X