• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJB View Post
    You have to make a texture map.
    http://www.psionic3d.co.uk/tutorials/shiphull.html

then apply it to the models surface.
    I have to start using blender.

Comment

Could some one give me advice on how to put a little more detail in the hull of my ships, just so i can make it look a little bit more realistic?
      Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Well hull plating for one is a good thing. It would look better if yo add stuff like airtanks, windows, and other greebles that look cool to the hull. It will all tie together in the end.
        sigpic
        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Can you give me an example os Airtanks, so i can get an idea of what i can do,

Oh and thanks for all the help i truely appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
            Can you give me an example os Airtanks, so i can get an idea of what i can do,

Oh and thanks for all the help i truely appreciate it.
            Well I did it on the Typhon, look at the bottom part on the front end.

http://glacialwaters.deviantart.com/...yphon-76768516
            sigpic
            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
              Well I did it on the Typhon, look at the bottom part on the front end.

http://glacialwaters.deviantart.com/...yphon-76768516
              Did you do all that in scketchup? That looks really awsome.

Comment

Did you do all that in scketchup? That looks really awsome.
                Yeah.
                sigpic
                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

It seems that I am in the speed modeling mood tonight, Here is another update. Here is some information about the model so far. There are several building models that are cannon with the atlantis model, which is about ten. And then there are the buildings that I had to create, which there are about thriteen. Hope you like it. I do.

sigpic
                  ----DeviantArt----

Comment

It seems that I am in the speed modeling mood tonight, Here is another update. Here is some information about the model so far. There are several building models that are cannon with the atlantis model, which is about ten. And then there are the buildings that I had to create, which there are about thriteen. Hope you like it. I do.

WOW how long has it taken you to do that? Icant wait to see the final product

Comment

WOW how long has it taken you to do that? Icant wait to see the final product
                      I am not sure, for the city about five hours. But the buildings took much longer, the only buildings that I didn't create are the Control Tower, the Mini Control Tower, and the Drone Hatch.
                      sigpic
                      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Ok heres the Olympia again, I've added a little bit more detail, i think im getting the hang of this

http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?i...olympiabv7.png

Still wroking on the specs

Comment

If you add depth to the hull plating, windows and hangers, their stand out more and distinguish your model more.
                          sigpic
                          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Well here is the latest WIP of the city. Greebles Greebles Greebles

Spoiler:
                            sigpic
                            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Well here is the latest WIP of the city. Greebles Greebles Greebles

Spoiler:
                              Very good bob! You have a good eye for ancient buildings.

Comment

wow.......

I too have a new project going.....

Warning BIG image inside
                                Spoiler:

Not got that much in the way of stats for this yet. Crew of 1-captain, 2- co-pilots, 3-engineers in two shifts. a single (possibly double though still undecided on this bit yet) Asgard beam weapon is as standard along with Asgard shields, beaming tech and both sub and hyperspace engines.

ATM it's simply labeled the Fast Attack Ship, or FAS for short, and will operate in pairs or in a Carrier battle group (once i get around to rejigging the two carrier ships i've got on here).

The FAS wil also have at least two missiles located in each drive pod, i'm considering doubling that number but i'll wait and see how they look before i decide yay or nay.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Working...
                                X