Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not done anything more to the ship but I made a little space scene anyway
    I hope you enjoy

Spoiler:
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JoNzA View Post
      I have not done anything more to the ship but I made a little space scene anyway
      I hope you enjoy

Spoiler:
      wow that's really good!!! How'd you do the planet or did you take it from somewhere else? lol
      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
        wow that's really good!!! How'd you do the planet or did you take it from somewhere else? lol
        thanks
        well I began with making a sphere and then I added a texture of earth and added some bumps very simple actully lol
        sigpic

Comment

I like that planet. Theres an easy way to make one in photo shop though.

That ship, it definitely looks like a bomber. Good job.
          Visit my Website

Comment

thanks
            I´m not sure I can do one in my photoshop verison though lol (photoshop 5)
            sigpic

Comment

It's been awhile so I think it's time for an progress update.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
              Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

awsome, good joob! I can see that your ship is progressing fast
                sigpic

Comment

awsome, good joob! I can see that your ship is progressing fast
                  Thank you and I still wish I was faster. lol

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
                  Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Originally posted by RJB View Post
                    Thank you and I still wish I was faster. lol
                    lol I think that it is extremly fast, with all the detalis and stuff
                    sigpic

Comment

well a little uppdate from me, I am almost done with it (atleast I think so lol)
                      enjoy
                      Spoiler:

0.0 OMFG. D00D that is awsum!? i liek it. ( ive been trying to type retarted. Mission Success) Awesome ship though
                      http://galaxyraiders.com/location.php

Comment

Hey JoNzA i did some specs, hope you like them, this is my first design in months lol..

Advanced Stealth bomber:

Name: Perseus class
                        Size: 40mL, 55mW, 12mH
                        Class: Stealth bomber
                        Hull: Trinium/Tachyon alloy
                        Role: Hyperspace medium range bomber
                        Units and date of production: 16units (1 squadren) 2053

Power source:
                        2 Mark III Naquadah generators
                        Engines:
                        4 mark II Ion drives, Tauri hyperdrive
                        Shields:
                        Human designed bubble shields
                        Weapons:
                        4 double barrelled 120mm coil guns.
                        32 single use VLS with Mark 8 tactical warheads
                        12 Gatebuster warheads *
                        8 space mine's *
                        2 Horizon/Dawn project systems-

*One system per vessel

Other technology:
                        Beaming technology
                        Advanced sensors
                        Ancient cloaking generator
                        Bomb deployment facilities

History:
                        The Perseus class is the most advanced bomber we have come up with so far. The class has some rather special features which make it unique, firstly the hull is made from a Trinium/tachyon composite, making it extreamely light(in fact with negligable mass) but also very strong. The four Ion drives it is equipped with are modified, calling them the mark II distances them from standard drives. They are more power intensive than usual sublight drives but in return for a slight power drain they have an additional buffer which acts as a turbo boost. The Perseus can reach speeds which few other craft can match, its top speed is .95C. Its Tachyon hull means that there is virtually no mass to the ship, so can propell the ship at near light speeds. It is the fastest ship we have built of its size, and can outrun most ships in our fleet.
                        Another feature of the ship is its ancient cloak. The PJ when tied in to a Naquadah reactor can shield and area 4 times the size of a normal jumper, the PJ cloak tied in to mark III Naquadah reactors can shield this ship with ease. Allowing it complete invisiblity from 90% of our enemies which lets it job as a stealth bomber come in to play. Unlike many stealthed ships which has to uncloak to fire weapons, this one doe not. PJ cloaks can be activated but people are still able to exit and enter the jumper, the drones take up power which comes from the cloak to fire. But this ship can power both at the same time allowing the open nature of the cloak to let the weapons on the ships do its job.
                        The ship is equipped with sufficent weapons to deal with Alkesh, gliders, dart, and other smaller ships. But its main function, as a bomber, lies in its nuclear arsenal. Not only does it have 32 tactical warheads for defence but each unit can be armed with either a space mine deployment system, horizon launchers, or gatebusters. They can also be equipped to drop other warheads such as alkesh energy bombs or aschen bio weapon.
                        In addition to those systems it also has 8 120mm coil guns, with enough ammunition to fend of attack from a small fleet of ships. The Persues class relys on speed and invisibility to strike at the heart of our enemies. But defensively it is strong and can provide vital air support to people on the ground. Its versitility as a defensive or offensive vessel has yet to be tested in full but it is sure to play a large part in the future of the TDF.

Images and model from JoNzA
                        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...99#post6951599

Immhotep
                        sigpic
                        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                        Stargate : Genesis |
                        Original Starship DesignThread
                        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                          Hey JoNzA i did some specs, hope you like them, this is my first design in months lol..

Advanced Stealth bomber:

Power source:
                          Engines:
                          Shields:
                          Weapons:
                          12 Gatebuster warheads *
                          8 space mine's *

*One system per vessel

Other technology:
                          Beaming technology
                          Advanced sensors

History:
                          The Perseus class is the most advanced bomber we have come up with so far. The class has some rather special features which make it unique, firstly the hull is made from a Trinium/tachyon composite, making it extreamely light(in fact with negligable mass) but also very strong. The four Ion drives it is equipped with are modified, calling them the mark II distances them from standard drives. They are more power intensive than usual sublight drives but in return for a slight power drain they have an additional buffer which acts as a turbo boost. The Perseus can reach speeds which few other craft can match, its top speed is .95C. Its Tachyon hull means that there is virtually no mass to the ship, so can propell the ship at near light speeds. It is the fastest ship we have built of its size, and can outrun most ships in our fleet.
                          Another feature of the ship is its ancient cloak. The PJ when tied in to a Naquadah reactor can shield and area 4 times the size of a normal jumper, the PJ cloak tied in to mark III Naquadah reactors can shield this ship with ease. Allowing it complete invisiblity from 90% of our enemies which lets it job as a stealth bomber come in to play. Unlike many stealthed ships which has to uncloak to fire weapons, this one doe not. PJ cloaks can be activated but people are still able to exit and enter the jumper, the drones take up power which comes from the cloak to fire. But this ship can power both at the same time allowing the open nature of the cloak to let the weapons on the ships do its job.
                          The ship is equipped with sufficent weapons to deal with Alkesh, gliders, dart, and other smaller ships. But its main function, as a bomber, lies in its nuclear arsenal. Not only does it have 32 tactical warheads for defence but each unit can be armed with either a space mine deployment system, horizon launchers, or gatebusters. They can also be equipped to drop other warheads such as alkesh energy bombs or aschen bio weapon.
                          In addition to those systems it also has 8 120mm coil guns, with enough ammunition to fend of attack from a small fleet of ships. The Persues class relys on speed and invisibility to strike at the heart of our enemies. But defensively it is strong and can provide vital air support to people on the ground. Its versitility as a defensive or offensive vessel has yet to be tested in full but it is sure to play a large part in the future of the TDF.

Immhotep
                          Ok I like it but there are some things.

You can't make a tachyon composite hull! They don't work like that and they're dangerous if you could make a hull out of tachyons they'd kill everyone on the ship. This also ties into the speed of the ship 95c is too much you'd experience time dilation and wouldn't be able to reach that speed anyway.

Trinium itself is 100x lighter and stronger than steal so that should be enough to make it significantly lighter and faster than other ships of its class.
                          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by DemonTard View Post
                            0.0 OMFG. D00D that is awsum!? i liek it. ( ive been trying to type retarted. Mission Success) Awesome ship though
                            thank you
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post

Advanced Stealth bomber:

Power source:
                              Engines:
                              Shields:
                              Weapons:
                              12 Gatebuster warheads *
                              8 space mine's *

*One system per vessel

Other technology:
                              Beaming technology
                              Advanced sensors

History:

Immhotep
                              nice work with the specs I like it it have the History I wanted it to have strike at the heart and all that
                              sigpic

Comment

Hello!!

I've been putting together a ship, still haven't fully decided it's role, specs, etc..I've been mulling it around and modding the design..tell me what you think
                                http://www.thelordofeternaldarkness....mistocles1.jpg
                                http://www.thelordofeternaldarkness....mistocles2.jpg
                                http://www.thelordofeternaldarkness....mistocles3.jpg
                                http://www.thelordofeternaldarkness....mistocles4.jpg
                                http://www.thelordofeternaldarkness....mistocles5.jpg
                                http://www.thelordofeternaldarkness....lescloseup.jpg

thanks

satnam
                                strength must be balanced with sweetness of temperament

Comment

Working...
                                X