Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah basicly once I get my parts for my pc ill be able to add lot more of stuff. my laptop has started to lag when I load this model. but Ive been thinking about making the model really big.

Comment

Originally posted by satnamboll28 View Post
      hello again

right..like i mentioned..this came out of the blue, and i havent really had time to go through specs and full history for the vessel..the sketch is still liable to change..
      in the fan fiction that i am currently writing, the milky way galaxy is still at war, in the future from the current timeline..the jaffa are tired of taking losses, and so they adapt by exploring what systems they know..in the midst of this, they find an old ship that used to belong to anubis..half constructed, but with shield generators intact...it takes the jaffa scientists 3 years to completely study the vessel..in that time, with the new knowledge, they decided to build a new ship..something to equal the humans super capital ships...a combination of battleship, carrier, able to perform many different missions..
      this design is the first departure away from the goauld, and pure jaffa..all the advancements they have, coming from shared tech with earth and others, not to mention their own offworld teams coming across interesting stuff...are put to use in this vessel...
      hence it is more advanced..it's power core is straight from the half constructed ship..more powerful than what they have to bear..the shielding is more advanced, as well as the weapon systems...the jaffa take it all, and put it into this ship...they also update the death glider, and come up with something different..
      the akhenaten is jaffa through and through..big..powerful...and it packs a punch..it's new shielding enables the ship to go toe to toe with the ori motherships...nor more single shot kills...
      it fulfills the roles that the jaffa have need of..
      dimension wise..3-4km long...about half that wide..it is a massive ship..simply because they couldn't shrink the power core..
      power supplemented by various reactors throughout the ship..in case of power failure, there is a backup..
      weapons..big cannons, little cannons, and it also carries a compliment of missiles...
      can carry several hundred fighters...
      carries death gliders, alkesh, cargo ships etc...
      has cargo bays for tranportation of various goods..
      massive engines (4 of them)
      interstellar hyperdrive...
      ring system etc...
      this ship is built 5 years from the current timeline in my fiction...and is currently on operation in the milky way galaxy engaging the ori whenever the situation arises.. since this class came into usage, the jaffa no longer lose their ships so quickly..they are able to press their advantages against the ori forces..superior battle skills, and tactical brains...the ori just charge in under the prior...
      that was about it...the new improved death gliders are very striking..i will try to sketch them, but am on a timetable at the moment..

satnam
      I'm sorry but it still seems to be a bit much for what I was asking for, and for my percieved timeline, other than that it seems to be a very cool sketch, with a very convenient history, and well I have nothing else to say about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Extrenix View Post
        starting to texture.
        looking for a place to add a stargate...

Spoiler:
        it reminds me of downtown toronto, pretty good model there.

will you have streets going in and out of the city too?
        Visit my Website

Comment

Awesome, cant wait, now i just need to generate a storyline that we could plop this in too
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
            I'm sorry but it still seems to be a bit much for what I was asking for, and for my percieved timeline, other than that it seems to be a very cool sketch, with a very convenient history, and well I have nothing else to say about it.
            hello again

fair enough...
            it is a cool sketch..even my wife was surprised..and my drawing skills are pretty crap...

well..here is something new..the F303..a new space borne fighter..designed purely to engage wraith darts, death gliders and ori fighters...
            with the final successful reverse engineering of the death gliders engines, this was put into practical use..the f303 is the culmination of all accumulated SGC knowledge about death gliders...with a mix of earth
            with no fuel burning engines, the f303 uses an inertialess engine system..far more powerful than those on the death gliders and capable of greater output...this leads to enhanced acceleration and greater..umm..greatness...
            it carries 4 mini energy cannons, from a design by felger, but perfected by carter..along with missile banks, which allow it to fire most earth missiles..it carries special mini missiles and can carry about 100 of these..300mm long and 50mm wide..these are very short range..25 per bank..4 banks..
            stealth technology (the radar jamming tech from the 302's but better) along with energy dissipation armour..giving the craft greater survivability in dogfights...
            it advances beyond the landing gears..it's inertialess system allows the craft to use a new gravity based landing system, which allows it to latch onto any part of an earth vessel for transit into and out of a theatre until it can land in the bays...where it can simply hover, locked in place by it's drive..
            its life support system is far more advanced than those in the 302's...capable of keeping pilots alive and breathing for almost 2 weeks..this system was asgard enhanced...hence it's greater performance..
            the f303 is currently being built by the asgard built hephaistos in large numbers..
            each DSC has almost 100 of these craft and is supported by 2 icarus class vessels..
            the first f303 engagement occured when the daedalus was boarded by wraith troops..thankfully the SGC battlesgroup jumped into the theatre just in time..the darts proved absolutely useless against the f303...
            303 production is continuing at a rapid pace....soon earth will have thousands of these craft, for defence and for space assignment...
            http://www.thelordofeternaldarkness.com/XF303.jpg is the link..it says xf but thats an error..

what do you guys think?

satnam
            strength must be balanced with sweetness of temperament

Comment

i don't think darts should be...'absoultely useless' apart from that pretty good design though i do find your writing hard to read
              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

I dont think fighters need 2 weeks of life support, since they would die in 4-5 days without food or water.

And wasnt it already proven that the f-302's were better ships than the deathgliders?
                Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                  i don't think darts should be...'absoultely useless' apart from that pretty good design though i do find your writing hard to read
                  well..useless in the context of outmatched etc by the new f303 craft....
                  i remembered the mig foxbat..initially tried to make this a simple craft..then remembered that they would have to be big hitters to be good.nimble etc..
                  how do you mean hard to read?

satnam

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                    I dont think fighters need 2 weeks of life support, since they would die in 4-5 days without food or water.

And wasnt it already proven that the f-302's were better ships than the deathgliders?

okay..i was being optimistic..enough life support to keep pilots alive for longer than a 302, and also carries a minimum of rations maybe?
                    you are absolutely right...302 craft are better than death gliders..they can hit other objects to start with!!
                    i've done a mini fleet pic with the dsc, the icarus support ship and some f303 craft as a size comparison...
                    http://www.thelordofeternaldarkness....ndfighters.jpg

satnam

Comment

If I see that right your fighters are the same size as f-302's.

So basically your icarus is the same size as the daedalus but has a longer neck?

The main hull looks about 2 - 2 1/2 fighter wing spans across. Thats a little small isnt it?

It looks like it should be scaled way larger than that.
                      Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                        If I see that right your fighters are the same size as f-302's.
                        So basically your icarus is the same size as the daedalus but has a longer neck?
                        The main hull looks about 2 - 2 1/2 fighter wing spans across. Thats a little small isnt it?
                        It looks like it should be scaled way larger than that.
                        yep..kinda..
                        the icarus support ships are like half the size of the daedalus (whatever that might be..i was thinking icarus are 200m long, half again as wide) but these ships don't carry any fighters..just support the DSC fleet..
                        i forgot about the scaling and size..good point..i have adjusted the ships in question...am trying to get a good render picture..this is such a pain in the behind!!
                        will post an update once it looks right...

satnam

Comment

okay..the renders look right..tell me what you think..
                          have also included a big fleet picture..it's slightly better..but still needs better scaling..
                          http://www.thelordofeternaldarkness....usfighters.tif
                          http://www.thelordofeternaldarkness.com/fullfleet.tif

tell me what you think..

satnam

Comment

i like the middle ship in the full fleet picture...it looks cool
                            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                              i like the middle ship in the full fleet picture...it looks cool
                              hello..
                              glad you like the ship..very big pain in the behind that one...smooth and de smooth...and repeat..until i discovered bevel..and voila!!!!
                              it looked a whole lot better...and nicer when it had lines and edges...took sometime though..
                              it is the Sumeria...very big..can launch lots of f303 craft...has lots of weapons..the front has the SEMAC weaponry...very big bang...
                              inertialess drive system..
                              can carry it's own battlegroup anywhere..copied from hive ships...can also travel between galaxies with this battlegroup being carried..
                              asgard made..and uses lots of asgard tech..very powerful...very big...what else?
                              looks cool..enemy will say wow, and be mesmerised and then die....comes in handy...
                              i'm still trying to figure out how to texture the damn thing..right pain in the behind that one..

satnam

Comment

Originally posted by satnamboll28 View Post
                                okay..the renders look right..tell me what you think..
                                have also included a big fleet picture..it's slightly better..but still needs better scaling..
                                http://www.thelordofeternaldarkness....usfighters.tif
                                http://www.thelordofeternaldarkness.com/fullfleet.tif

tell me what you think..

satnam
                                cool, you need to get an account with a picture site like photobucket or imageshack. then you can insert the image directly to the forum. anywys I like the ships but can tell the difference between some parts that might be more defined
                                sigpic
                                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Working...
                                X