Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darn no one else did. Here's Immhoteps post: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....2&postcount=14

It doesn't say much about energy weapons though. Mark 1 ion cannons are like staff weapons in power, Beyond that, I don't know.
    Quacks

Comment

the ship looks like a cross of stargate and bsg. nice model tho

Comment

Proxima class Battlecruiser
        Owners: Ancients
        Production: 2008-?
        Unit Run
        Proxima
        Triangulum
        Othyan

Dimensions
        Length: 500m
        Width: 244m
        Height: 158m

Armament
        Drones
        Quantum Pulse Cannons: 16
        Zero Point Missiles: 200

[U]Defenses[U]
        Mk8 Ancient Shields
        Trinium/Naquadah/Carbon Double Hull

Propulsion
        Sublight Engines: 150,000mps(241,350kps)
        Intergalactic Hyperdrive: 648 LY/M

Power Plant
        Zero Point Reactor

Standard Tech
        Inertial Dampeners
        Subspace Comm.
        Artificial Gravity Generators
        Anti-Gravity Pods
        Deep Space Sensors
        Cryogenic Stasis Sys.
        Ring Transporters
        Beaming Technology

History
        In 2007, SG1 went to a planet rumored to have a Ancient weapons and technology. Instead of a warship they found a transport pillar. SG1 was on a mission to find the weapons before the Ori did. They were suddenly transported to the other side of ther planet in an Ancient city. There, they went to find the leaders and convince them of the Ori threat. the Ancient council decided to start diplomatic relations with Earth and start building newer, more powerful warships to modernize their forces. The Proxima Class was designed for speed and power in one. They outfitted the ship with the most advanced technology they had and took it on its shakedown cruise on 6 months. In mid 2008, the Ori attacked the Ancient world and the Ori fleet was beaten. The Ancients built 2 more currently to fight Ori forces in the Talnak Quadrant. In late 2008, the 3 Ancient Battlecruisers fought in the Battle of P5N-007. The fleet was succesful in repelling an Ori attack against a secret Ancient military outpost. The Proxima Class is serving a very dignified life.
        Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by CouchPotator View Post
          Darn no one else did. Here's Immhoteps post: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....2&postcount=14

It doesn't say much about energy weapons though. Mark 1 ion cannons are like staff weapons in power, Beyond that, I don't know.
          thanks mate that will be realy helpfull. ill start doing a spec sheet now. shame about the energy weapons but ill come up with somthing.

Comment

Originally posted by JRPR View Post
            hi guys i havnt posted a ship here in ages so heres a little somthing i have been working on. its in the very early stages so im still not decided on the specs. also you guys here and over in the fleet forum seem to have come up with a load o new tech to put on the ships that isnt fan wank but isnt stupidly underpowered (energy weapons, power sources, etc) which i dont know anything about so i would apreciate it if sombody helped me with the specs a little bit. thanks guys

what do you guys think so far?
            Really like this ship alot, its vwery very cool, hope you make some great specs history because it looks almost like an ancient/asgard hybrid, which is really cool. Btw take a look at this because it could be used in conjuction if you wanted http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2777

There is a post about energy weapons:
            History of TSC weaponry:

Rail guns were first constructed as a secondary weapon for the promethius, the first batch was sent to atlantis to defend the city agaisnt the wraith. The second batch made it on to the deadalus and since that time every vessel has been equipment with rail guns. Rails gun use magnetic field to accellerate projectiles to Mach 5 speeds and are highly advanced in terms of ballistic technology.
            In terms of their effectiveness against enemy craft, in thier primitive incarnation, which included the first calibres on deadalus and oddesey; they are poor. The first versions could cause minimal damage to goauld hatak class and while fairing better against unshielded hive ship, they were still not adequite.
            Other time Calibre of Rails increase, from the origional 5mm and 30mm Versions which were the kinds used on the deadalus for their "defensive rail guns" and "Main rail guns"; in to the current standards which Range from the 50mm standard calibre through incremental 20mm calibres up until the 500mm maximum.
            The terms "heavy" "medium" and "light" rail guns refers to the use, calibre and range of projectiles avalable. Light rail guns, which are anything between 10mm and 80mm are used exclusively for fighter defense. Medium rail guns make up the bulk of rail guns in service; Medium rail guns are from 80mm up until the 250mm Calibre, they can be used for light capitol ship engangments as well as fighter screen clearence and destroyin smaller vessels.
            Heavy rail guns are our main capitol ship weapons and they range from 250mm up to 1000mm incalibre. They are extreamely effective against most ships, especially hive ships and they have been pivotal weapon i our arsonel for over 40 years. The speed which these weapons are capable of is supersonic, mach 9 and have explosive ordinants in the form of Naquadah/potasium tipped rounds, at those speeds and with those rounds each shot fired from a Heavy rail gun is the equivalent to a 500kt Nuke, or one hatak plasma shot. The pwoer of these weapons should not be underestimated and while lower calibres are less effetive, with heavy rail guns it is a whole new ball game, thier speed, ammo and sheer size make them a force to be reckoned with.

Coil guns were first put in to opperation in 2014 after extensive research in to upgrading our current rail gun systems. This research concluded that Coil guns shoudl replace rail guns as our primary offensive weapon and many different calibres were designed. Light, Medium and Heavy coil guns as before were introduced with the largest coil gun, the 1500mm "Bellerophon" project being part of larger network of testing large calibre experimental designs. The Pegasus cruiser was the first ship to have this large Coil guns nad production is yet to order them until it has proven itself. Coil guns are a logical and progresive step up in our weapons technology but it hasnt had nearly anywhere near the impact that energy weapons have had on our fleet.

Ever since we encountered goauld plasma cannons, be they staff weapons or hatak cannons we have been seeking to gain our own energy weapon technology. Our first attempt, the mark I felger phototon torpedo was a failure however it was a breakthrough none the less. Ten years later work begun on another energy weapon as part of our weapons technology revolution that took place in the second decade of our millenium. The result was the TEP, or turreted energy pulse weapon. Requirely large amounts of power it could only be fitted to our best powered ships the Leviathon battleship. It had an output of a hatak cannon with a better rate of fire and put us on level playing field with hataks and hive ships, a level which we had never been on. This weapon developed changed the war in Pegasus and as more and more ships down the line asked for the technology the program which developed it was never truely shut down.
            The Origional weapon while powerfull had several drawbacks, it was large and required massive amounts of power, it was decided that we needed a replacement which used similar technology but in a less bulk and unwieldy frame. After 10 years the designers had developed a completely new kind of weapon but one which was superior in many ways. For inspiration they looked to the Asgard and to the tollan, they were already familier to accelerating particles with rail guns and had tested and developed several particle accelorators for weapons before now. Thier newest concept was to create a Human Ion cannon which used Ionised gases propelled by Coil guns. The Mark II Human Ion cannon was created and tested successfully on the Testing ship athena (our deadalus class test facility) and proved to be able to perform very well and pack a punch, a free jaffa mothership was used in the test, piloted by tealc, and it took only 17 shots to take down the shield, when the test ended the ion cannon was commisioned to be part of the next batch of weapons upgrades to our fleet. Now in 2040 the Ion cannons have been upgraded and can fire at twice the speed with half the power required, we have them on many of our ships, in various sizes and they have enable us to defend our territory very well.

There are currently 5 Marks of Ion cannon:
            The Mark I is an antifighter defensive weapon, that was developed as a side project to the Leviathon energy cannon project.
            The Mark II is our most common type of Ion cannon, its extreamely powerful and one of our most important inventions to date, it is roughly the same power as a Hatak cannon, maybe a little more powerful.
            Mark III Smaller fighter/smaller vessel Ion cannon, much like glider or alkesh turrents in power and usage
            Mark IV Powerfull capitol ship weapon, larger and more powerful than the Mark II
            Mark V Our most advanced and powerful Weapon system to date, more powerful than the Origional Tollan Ion Cannon, able to take down a hatak in 5 hits.
            Hope that helps.
            Last edited by immhotep; 24 February 2007, 02:13 AM.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
              Really like this ship alot, its vwery very cool, hope you make some great specs history because it looks almost like an ancient/asgard hybrid, which is really cool. Btw take a look at this because it could be used in conjuction if you wanted http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2777

There is a post about energy weapons:
              Hope that helps.
              you've changed the scales
              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

did i? Can you redo them if its wrong
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                  did i? Can you redo them if its wrong
                  nah they're alright really i was in a funny mood lol...just if we go by that i need to change the Type II canons on my cruiser to mark IIs...i think Ion canons should be called 'type', marks are for missiles i think their should be some distinction...

i think the mark III should be the mark I, essentially a rapid fire alkesh canon

i also think that the canon between the type II and IV should be removed....i think we should have maybe 3 distinct grades of weapon having too many could get confusing
                  Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

I've changed the 2 600mm coil gun turrets to 2 type II ion cannons and lowered down the number of point-defense guns to 10 doubled-barreled turrets. Better? (I don't want to repost it all for such a small change)
                    Quacks

Comment

A guy over at DeviantArt pointed me over here so I think I'll share some of my own designs. (some are finished other are still WIPs)
                      Spoiler:

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
                      Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Originally posted by RJB View Post
                        A guy over at DeviantArt pointed me over here so I think I'll share some of my own designs. (some are finished other are still WIPs)
                        Spoiler:

wow!!! they're really impressive! Ha'tak pyramid looks a little tall to me but that may just be my perspective...

do you think you could do a hive ship?

Comment

Spoiler:

Those are amazing. :-D
                          Quacks

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                            wow!!! they're really impressive! Ha'tak pyramid looks a little tall to me but that may just be my perspective...

do you think you could do a hive ship?
                            Well the Ha'tak was one of the first ships I tried when I started doing 3d models a few years ago so it's far from accurate.

I have never tried any wraith designs yet. I've been mostly focusing on tau'ri designs and will for a bit in the near future.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
                            Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Well the Ha'tak was one of the first ships I tried when I started doing 3d models a few years ago so it's far from accurate.

I have never tried any wraith designs yet. I've been mostly focusing on tau'ri designs and will for a bit in the near future.
                              ok....the excaliber looks awesome! check out the virtual fleets i think the excaliber would be a great addition...

you any good at writing specs for your ships?

Comment

Well when i thought we had reached a peak for tauri models, there is another person to up the game. Very Nice id love to see specs for yours ship, really would the excalibre and ares are both very cool.
                                sigpic
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X