This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
    Because it supposedly is faster and more efficient than normal circutry. Also because it sounds cool and we in RL have no clue how to master it.
    Just makes no sense for a less advanced race to improve upon a technology not understood properly and un replicatable in the case of the Tau'ri to then add anouther un-understod technology to that already advanced tech.
    Meet the Karn, the true race of the stars.

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_arbiter View Post
      Just makes no sense for a less advanced race to improve upon a technology not understood properly and un replicatable in the case of the Tau'ri to then add anouther un-understod technology to that already advanced tech.
      I said we in RL(Real Life) do not understand it, in this fictional universe we have master interstellar travel so something as small as mapping the neural patterns of man and artificially replicating them is well within possibilities.

Here are a few shots of my recent attempt at a model for that spec sheet that immhotep gave me, it is a few meters longer than the spec sheet indicates but other than that the guns are the only thing that make it wider.

Also I have no clear cockpit yet but it should be there, somewhere.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Daryl Froggy; 20 February 2007, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Spoiler:
        Type: Karn Deep space Planetary Sphere

Technology: Karn

Hull: The hull of the sphere is comprised of Ablative Trinium/Naquada/Titanium/Carbon and Uranium, giving it a very strong defensive capability.

Dimensions:
        >> Diameter: 2,500,000 m
        >> Outer surface area: 1.96E+13 m

Displacement: 8.18E+18 metric tons

Crew: The sphere supports over 12 billion Karn habitants

Power plant:
        >> Self-sustaining Quantum fission reactor

Engines:
        >> 2x Stardrive engines
        >> Quantum matrix generator
        >> Anti-gravity Engines

Armament/Weapons:
        >> None

Craft:
        >> The Sphere can store all the ships in the fleet in one of the many hanger bays located in the Sphere itself.
        >> The Sphere is equipped with its own compliment of 20,000 Class-1 and 20,000 Class-2 Advanced Fighters

Defences:
        >> Bubble shield generators
        >> Secondary contoured shield generators
        >> Ship disrupter barrier
        >> Hyperspace Marco scrambler barrier
        >> Internal Shield network

Other Technology:
        >> Internal Dampeners
        >> Biological computer technology
        >> Holographic interfaces
        >> Large scale teleportation technology
        >> Asgard Beaming Jammer
        >> Ring Transporters
        >> Stargate (Specially Built)
        >> Internal Habitable Bio-Spheres

Technical and Historical Notes:
        The Karn Sphere was built as their home world sometime in the last two million years. The sphere is smaller in size than the earth, but still having the ability to carry billions upon billions of habitants. Designed to hold the habitants in the sphere itself it creates sustainable environments including; vegetation, swamps, forests and more using a specially built environmental bio-sphere system. This allows the sphere to become pretty much self-sustaining.

The Sphere utilises an unstable quantum fission reactor to power and sustain the sphere located in the core. The reactor generates a vast amount of energy, which radiates large amounts of potentially dangerous radiation along with a lot of subspace radiation, though most of the harmful radiation is absorbed by the casing around the reactor.

The release of subspace radiation causes the sphere to light up like a Christmas tree light in a pitch black room on any sensors, even at minimal power, due to this the Sphere has some very outstanding defences.

These defences include a hyperspace marco scrambler barrier which causes any ships which are in hyperspace that enter the barrier to change course and destination meaning that no ships unless specifically fitted can hyperspace towards the Sphere, but the most remarkable achievement is the ship disrupter barrier. This barrier causes any ship not made by the Karn to shutdown if having entered the barrier. Where the Sphere then beams the ship or ships in question to a designated area, preferably the most dangerous.

The Sphere has the ability to travel in hyperspace using its two stardrives for propulsion across space, and using a quantum matrix generator the Sphere can travel the vast distance between galaxies in mere hours instead of months.

Inside the sphere there are six separate bio-spheres connected by specially designed transporters. Each bio-sphere is capable of housing over two billion habitants.

The bio-spheres contain everything required to allow the Karn to sustain themselves, specially designed systems maintain a habitable environment containing vegetation, live stock and areas for living and recreation. The bio-spheres are each capable of shielding against enemy fire in case of a breach of the outer hull, and the bio-sphere are also capable of space travel in case of an evacuation.

The internal structure of the Karn Sphere is set to the vacuum of space to minimise the risk of destruction to the rest of the colony.

Comment

wow, Death Star v1.337

lots of cool defenses tho would love to see a model of this

Comment

Originally posted by Extrenix View Post
            wow, Death Star v1.337

lots of cool defenses tho would love to see a model of this

no model for a day or two.

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
              ok, in the rail department I was thinking something like an upside down 'T' on the bottom of the gun, like this
              Spoiler:

And here is another view
              Anyhting?
              sigpic
              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Anyhting?
                Did you make that in blender?

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
                  Did you make that in blender?
                  yeah, I don't like the why the cannon part rendered though.
                  sigpic
                  ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Does anyone know if you can semi-"glue" several objects to a track? I want to try and make a curving track for my I/CP gun and I wanted to make it work fairly easily for anyone who wanted to use the model.

Comment

Been working on some side fluff.

Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
                        Does anyone know if you can semi-"glue" several objects to a track? I want to try and make a curving track for my I/CP gun and I wanted to make it work fairly easily for anyone who wanted to use the model.
                        Why not put a moving part of the track so when the gun gets to the corner of the ship, the piece moves 90 degrees to the direction of the next track
                        sigpic
                        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                          Been working on some side fluff.

What the thing in Asia?
                          sigpic
                          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o
                            What the thing in Asia?
                            ummm...great wall of china?? I dunno, it was from a map photo of the world I compositied.
                            Visit my Website

Comment

The Himmalaya mountain range...Everest, K2..the biggie.
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

Why not put a moving part of the track so when the gun gets to the corner of the ship, the piece moves 90 degrees to the direction of the next track
                                Yeah, how? I don't know how to make something like that in sketch-up or if it is even possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X