This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
    Yes but not everyone on this thread is involved in the fleet though and it is safe to say that I am probably going to use this gun on something other than a fleet ship.

Edit: Here is a couple shots with the gun on its base, neither are finished but I think they look alright.

Spoiler:

What do you think?
    They look good, add more detail (like panels etc...) and enlarge the base and i think it will look even better
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Neither can I. I simply don't quite know what to make it look like at this point. At first I wanted something with no Hyperspace capabilities but that idea quickly went out the window. right now I know generally what the ship is going to have, with the exception of the number of Ion guns, but I have no clue what it will look like. The picture I posted before was my first idea and a very poor one at that. I'll make a new one but I'm just not sure what I'll come up with yet.
      is this for the scout ship or gunship, i could help you out with either if you are stuck for specs or model ideas. Thats no trouble atall, i liked the first concept but it reminded me of an Ori vessel for some reason.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

wow i know i havnt been to this forum in a very long time but man this thread is huge my last post was about 100 pages ago that realy is crazy. and everyone is doing 3d now and getting pretty good at it. i remember back at the beggining of the thread it was all about ms paint. this realy is cool. Daryl Froggy i love your gun design it looks realy sci fi. i think i better get back in to this ship design stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
          is this for the scout ship or gunship, i could help you out with either if you are stuck for specs or model ideas. Thats no trouble at all, i liked the first concept but it reminded me of an Ori vessel for some reason.
          I'm heading for the scoutship concept. However I'd appreciate some help in making the spec sheet, with the model I feel that I should to the mjority of the work.

Comment

Originally posted by JRPR View Post
            wow i know i havnt been to this forum in a very long time but man this thread is huge my last post was about 100 pages ago that realy is crazy. and everyone is doing 3d now and getting pretty good at it. i remember back at the beggining of the thread it was all about ms paint. this realy is cool. Daryl Froggy i love your gun design it looks realy sci fi. i think i better get back in to this ship design stuff.
            Haha im so old i can remember when this thread ddint exist! its good to see you around, and yeah ive been waiting for the ship designs to go from 2D to 3D on a large scale for along time, thank god for google sketchup, when this started cooky was the only 3D modeller around, now everyone is doing it. Have you checked out the fleet's atall?

DF i can help you type up some specs, just give me a basic idea of what you want for the scoutship gotcha and ill flesh it out and do some specs.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            11000! green me

Comment

i did go and have a look at the virtual fleet but i have been away for so long i have no idea what is going on in it. do you recon you could give me a quick explanation?

Comment

http://www.freewebs.com/gwfchat/index.htm - theres the website with alot of the most important info. Basicly a group of designers got together and created a universe where we could use ships that we designed as a fleet, with different calss and ships submitted from all the designers to be used for some ficitonal war. The first fleet centred around the liberation of the Pegasus galaxy from the wraith in a war that started in 2012 when the wraith attacked an asgard colony in pegasus, the Asgard responded by moving in a large fleet and setting up a massive ship building plant which would produce a fleet of warships for Earth to fight the wraith. The war lasted until 2035 and had many battles, the last of which was the final attack on Earth when the last wraith general and a massive fleet of warships travelled to earth and basicly wiped out a large portion of earth's population and society in the last battle of the war.
                The second fleet is set 5 years after that attack and charts humanities reemergence as a superpower in a poat wraith, post Ori universe where humans are vying for a place as the fifth race of the allience by integrating and allying with humans accross two galaxys in order to be accepted as the supreme human power of this time. However the Aschen and an old enemy of the allience are also trying to become a superpower along the same lines as we are, they are our enemy for the gateworld fleet 2.0. You can find out more details on the website and if you have any other questions post in the fleet threads.
                sigpic
                11000! green me

Comment

DF i can help you type up some specs, just give me a basic idea of what you want for the scoutship gotcha and ill flesh it out and do some specs.
                  I want it to have a reactionless drive, like the tel'taks and ha'taks have. Some decent power generators, enough to power weapons and the drive systems in emergency situations. A hyperdrive, it doesn't have to be that great something around the ability of a tel'tak would do unless you think you can squeeze something better inside of the hull. A teleportation system is most likely out of the question since it adds to the complexity. Shields and/or a closking device are not mondatory but would be an interesting addition, if you can squeeze them in and keep the complexity down please include them.

It should be relatively small in size but obviously not similar to a fighter. The hull should be fairly standard in dimensions. I want its crew complement to be around eight with the ability to carry up to twelve more or be operated with ease by as few as one. I don't have a name for it yet so you can take a crack at it if you want. Also you have free reign over the history, I don't care how long or short it is.

I hope this helps, if you need something else I'm sure I can think of something.

Comment

Ok heres what ive come up with:

Name: Peracles
                    Dimensions: 16mL 8mW 14mH
                    Class: Stealth Recon ship
                    Hull material: Trinium/Titanium/ Naquadah Hull
                    crew compliment: 4 minimum, 16 maximum capacity

Power generation: 1x Mark V Naquadah reactor, 2x Mark I naquadah reactor for emergencies

Engines: Inertal based gravity drive, 2 Ion thrusters,Mkcay's PJ hyperdrive.
                    Armament: 2x Mark II Ion cannons
                    Defenses: Retro engineered PJ cloak/shield system
                    Other technology: Beaming node, Sensors, hacking computer technology, subspace communication and SECNET encrypted terminal.

History:
                    The Perseus class stealth ship has been a project almost as long as the stargate program, ever since we encountered the teltak class starships we have endevoured to find a suitable replacement, in order to let go of our reliance upon the FJN and the Tokra for access to these ships. We have over the years collected approxemately 20 of the teltak class ships and for several years the project was shelved. However during the war with the Ori we conducted a program of building transport based vessels with which to send troops to planets in ships rather than through the gate. This project produced the ATS dropship and the Atlantis class dropship carrier. Now both ships combined we a force to be reckoned with, but seperate they were weak. The ATS had no hyperdrive and the Atlantis class had weak shields and weapons. The Perseus class was designed to bridge the gap and recent projects in pegasus proved to be perfect timing. Ever since we got plans to the PJ we had wanted to retroengineer its cloak and later on it cloak to shield transfer system. We studied all the cloaks we had access to, PJ, teltak, sodan cloak, nirtii's cloaking technology. Eventually we developed our own cloak and in addition it could be switched from shield to cloak easily. This was fitted to the Atlantis class and also to the Perseus.
                    The Perseus has inertial dampening systems that can acts as the primary engine for the ship, it also has two smaller emergency Ion thrusters. Its hyperdrive was conceived in the Pegasus galaxy when Dr. Mkcay designed a PJ hyperdrive while undergoing an evolution to be an ascended. This hyperdrive was adopted by this team in order to create a fast hyperdrive with a speed slightly faster than the origional teltak.
                    It origionally never had weapons, and only recieved the upgrade 38 years after it was origionally built. It has two of our Ion cannons, a smaller version than tose used on capital ships but more than a match for fighters and alkesh.
                    Unlike the Teltak this craft does not have a ring platform, it instead has a beaming array to transport passengers. It can hold 3 SGC teams in addition to the 4 person crew that is standard for the ship.
                    First commisioned in 2009 it is one of the oldest ships serving in our fleet and has been a considerable asset during all our engagements, and should ocntinue to do so as long as it is needed.

will that do?
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

Power generation: 1x Mark V Naquadah reactor, 2x Mark I naquadah reactor for emergencies

Other technology: Beaming node, Sensors, hacking computer technology, subspace communication and SECNET encrypted terminal.

History:
                      The Perseus class stealth ship has been a project almost as long as the stargate program, ever since we encountered the teltak class starships we have endevoured to find a suitable replacement, in order to let go of our reliance upon the FJN and the Tokra for access to these ships. We have over the years collected approxemately 20 of the teltak class ships and for several years the project was shelved. However during the war with the Ori we conducted a program of building transport based vessels with which to send troops to planets in ships rather than through the gate. This project produced the ATS dropship and the Atlantis class dropship carrier. Now both ships combined we a force to be reckoned with, but seperate they were weak. The ATS had no hyperdrive and the Atlantis class had weak shields and weapons. The Perseus class was designed to bridge the gap and recent projects in pegasus proved to be perfect timing. Ever since we got plans to the PJ we had wanted to retroengineer its cloak and later on it cloak to shield transfer system. We studied all the cloaks we had access to, PJ, teltak, sodan cloak, nirtii's cloaking technology. Eventually we developed our own cloak and in addition it could be switched from shield to cloak easily. This was fitted to the Atlantis class and also to the Perseus.
                      The Perseus has inertial dampening systems that can acts as the primary engine for the ship, it also has two smaller emergency Ion thrusters. Its hyperdrive was conceived in the Pegasus galaxy when Dr. Mkcay designed a PJ hyperdrive while undergoing an evolution to be an ascended. This hyperdrive was adopted by this team in order to create a fast hyperdrive with a speed slightly faster than the origional teltak.
                      It origionally never had weapons, and only recieved the upgrade 38 years after it was origionally built. It has two of our Ion cannons, a smaller version than tose used on capital ships but more than a match for fighters and alkesh.
                      Unlike the Teltak this craft does not have a ring platform, it instead has a beaming array to transport passengers. It can hold 3 SGC teams in addition to the 4 person crew that is standard for the ship.
                      First commisioned in 2009 it is one of the oldest ships serving in our fleet and has been a considerable asset during all our engagements, and should ocntinue to do so as long as it is needed.

will that do?
                      why does it have mark II/Type II ion canons...those are capital ship weapons and does it need a mark V reactor...
                      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Are mark III's the smaller ones, the alkesh type weapons? or is that the mark I. A Mark V is a smaller reactor, its the smallest one since the mark I. Its output is abotu 3x the Mark I and can power all the systems but its smaller that most, perfect for this ship.
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

Are mark III's the smaller ones, the alkesh type weapons? or is that the mark I. A Mark V is a smaller reactor, its the smallest one since the mark I. Its output is abotu 3x the Mark I and can power all the systems but its smaller that most, perfect for this ship.
                          i call the alkesh ones the Type I...

i thought the mark V generator was for capital ships, my mistake

Comment

Nice gun design. What do you think about putting a gun on a rail system so that it can move along the hull of a ship as it swivels and fires at other ships?

I'm redesigning my guns base to allow for a system that puts it onto a rail system, thus giving it a greater range of firing.

Edit: I know that everyone is probably sick unto death of my pitiful attempts at making an energy weapon design but I like to torture people sometimes.

Anyway here is the last gun that I made with some modifications, I will be making a base to go with this but I like to hear people rag on my work. This one will be able to go either the width or the length of the ship on a rail as it is swiveling, I think this system will make it more flexible so that I can fewer stronger railguns capable of covering a larger area.

The double barreled one is for medium to large ships that have power to spare while the other one is meant to be a bit more economical.

Spoiler:

So what do you think?
                            Thanks, yeah I like ur rail idea, except make it embeded in the hull of the ship. Like the exact opposite of a train track, there is rail on the gun that glides in an indentation in the hulll
                            sigpic
                            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

History:

will that do?
                              Well it is interesting, but will it be extremely cheap and easy to produce? Also where did you get the name, what is SECNET, and I thought McKay was dead, wouldn't we have a different model of cloak by now?

Now that I have the dimensions I'll work on getting a model churned out. Is it alright if I modify these specs some?

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                              Thanks, yeah I like ur rail idea, except make it embeded in the hull of the ship. Like the exact opposite of a train track, there is rail on the gun that glides in an indentation in the hulll
                              That sounds pretty much like what I was going to do since there is no gravity to hold the gun on the tracks, and even if there were it could easily get blown off of the ship in a firefight.

Comment

That sounds pretty much like what I was going to do since there is no gravity to hold the gun on the tracks, and even if there were it could easily get blown off of the ship in a firefight.
                                Yeah, but the shield would do most of the protection of the for the gun. Also the tracks could be interwoven with eachother. So a gun could lock on to a enemy fighter and follow the fight around the ship, instead of just shooting at in when it comes into the frame of view. Hey I just thought wh ythe need for atrakc when you could just use magents. No track is needs and the gun could go on any part of the ship that has trinium hull, of course if trinium is magnetic. Neodymium magnets should do it.
                                sigpic
                                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Working...
                                X