This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
    There's no other way I can say this, but WANK. 27 years and they get all of those advancements? Why don't you just give them an Arcturus power generator?
    Just because it doesn't work.
    Freyr's mother, do you think that earth should depend on RAILGUNS even 28 years after it was first utilized? It doesn't even scratch Hat'ak shields! How do you think we would survive 30 years without, for instance, energy cannon tech? Come on! Goa'ulds use them, Asgards use them, Tollans used them, and the Ancients used them. If Goa'ulds can construct energy cannons, why can't we? It can't be too hard, if you think we advanced in 6 years (according to show) from space shuttles to interstellar travel!? Now we have Atlantis to study and their entire database.

Besides, that energy cannon tech those ships have is so damn simple that even earthlings can build it! Can't be too hard. And ZPM prototype tech.. don't you think that after 27 years with full Atlantis database at our disposal we wouldn't still have something like that? In Tao of McKay, Rodney figured out lots of stuff. If he only had time to do more, he would have done so. All the ZPM research needed was redoing those circumstances. Again, can't be too hard.

I agree, Terra became a bit over sized. But with stargate generally known in earth, it's possible to build such a vessel in open air, not deep underground. Why should we depend on ships smaller than half a kilometre?

Comment

3 zpms are a bit much for an earth based ship. Hell, an ancient ship is rare to even handle ONE zpm let alone 3.

Zpm technology is far beyond what we can accomplish, and I dont think in the span of 27 odd years we as humans are going to master the zpm or ancient technology.
      Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by Hierakonpolis View Post
        3 zpms are a bit much for an earth based ship. Hell, an ancient ship is rare to even handle ONE zpm let alone 3.

Zpm technology is far beyond what we can accomplish, and I dont think in the span of 27 odd years we as humans are going to master the zpm or ancient technology.
        3 earth ZPMs equals 1,8 ancient ZPMs (3x3/5=9/5=1,8)

Hmm.. But maybe it has 3 slots, but 2 of its mark X naquadah generators are enough. Maybe 3 generators and 1 additonal ZPM slot..

But still, what makes you think that ZPM technology is far beyond to comprehend for those who live in the world of stargate? We in real world don't know it, as this is science fiction and the time scale is 27 odd years, why wouldn't it be possible in circumstances I defined in my previous post?
        Maybe they(=in the show) have yet to find the ZPM directory from atlantis database?

Comment

Originally posted by Hierakonpolis View Post

Agreed; I'd say in 30-40 years we'd have first Gen Cold Fusion or First Gen Eath built Neutron-Ion reactors. but no Drones, no ZPM's no anchient shield its just so far beyond us right now. not to mention McKay has said there is surprisingly very little "of use in the database" they could use in Tao of Rodney or something like that it was when he was talking about the machine that zapped him mainly cos its just so far beyond us the most we could hope for would be to litirally Jury rig tech into a ship; but then it would be limited and not mass produsable.

example; rigging a jumper into the ships fire control to run 'drone' turrrets but the drones would be limited in supply once there gone there gone.
          sigpic

Comment

Ori City ship
            Because no one has mady anything Ori yet
            Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Type: City Ship
            Class: City Ship
            Crew Compliment: 1500 Crew; over 80,000 Crusaders
            Embarked Craft: 48 Puddle Jumper Class Shuttles, 300 Ori Fighters
            Power:
            3 x Articus like Subspace taps
            Diameter: 5.8 Kilometres
            Height 1.7 Kilometres (Central Tower)
            Engines:
            48 x Sub-light Engines
            8 x Star Drive Sublight Engines
            3 x Intergalactic Hyper-drive Window Generators
            Primary Weapons (Peirs):
            24 x 'Toilet beam' Cannons
            32 x Heavy Pulse Batteries
            40 x Triple shot Light/PD Pulse Batteries
            8 x Drone Launching platforms (5000 each)
            Secondary Weapons (Central Hub):
            3 x Drone Launching platforms (5000 each)
            8 x Heavy 'Defence Satellite' Lasers
            24 x Heavy Pulse Batteries
            32 x Triple shot light/PD batteries

Defences
            Ori Cloak
            Ori Shield
            Ori Long Range Sensors

Comments
            The Ori City ship is one of the largest ships to be created by the Ori designed as a full base of operations. Able to transport thousands if not hundreds of thousands of Crusaders and serve as a mobile Cathedral and both battle platform and orbital outpost for long term system defence
            sigpic

Comment

slighly fan wank but in another sense i think its actually quite cool lol
              ]

Comment

Here's the front view of the Maat Mons with some missile tubes and some turrets added. If you bother to count the guns you will find that there is one less there than on the spec sheet, I like it better this way.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
                  3 earth ZPMs equals 1,8 ancient ZPMs (3x3/5=9/5=1,8)

Hmm.. But maybe it has 3 slots, but 2 of its mark X naquadah generators are enough. Maybe 3 generators and 1 additonal ZPM slot..

But still, what makes you think that ZPM technology is far beyond to comprehend for those who live in the world of stargate? We in real world don't know it, as this is science fiction and the time scale is 27 odd years, why wouldn't it be possible in circumstances I defined in my previous post?
                  Maybe they(=in the show) have yet to find the ZPM directory from atlantis database?
                  irrelevent, show a cave man an instruction manual on how to build a nuclear reactor and give him 27 years see where it gets him Z.P.M are essentially minature universes it's not so simple to build...you can argue as much as you like but everyone on this thread will deem it fanwank
                  Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by rosstaylor View Post
                    slighly fan wank but in another sense i think its actually quite cool lol
                    I assume this was directed at me? if not then ignore. I was bored and had the 3d Modler on and thought about how the only think Ori we've seen have been the Toilet ships and when I thought about the Ori invasion I always kept thinking of city like Catholic Cathedrols floating in space; lots of crystal and stain glass; the spec I did litirally in like 10 minutes so it probably needs some work I do want to do a line of Ori ships eventually; Citys ships; Toilets and warships. this Actual model took me all morning to finish; then another hour to edit and touch up.

incidentally Andrew if you read this I still owe you some 3d art so send me a PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post

irrelevent, show a cave man an instruction manual on how to build a nuclear reactor and give him 27 years see where it gets him Z.P.M are essentially minature universes it's not so simple to build...you can argue as much as you like but everyone on this thread will deem it fanwank
                      Well I could start to be rude to you, but you don't seem to be worth it.

This thread seems to be extremely conservative. Why hasn't anyone suggested a good old anti-fanwank space shuttle with an armed cosmonaut firing an Ori ship with Maxim MG model 1912?!

Anyway. I thought this would be fun. Bulls nessessaries I say! I ain't sharing a single model with you cavemen.

Comment

This thread seems to be extremely conservative. Why hasn't anyone suggested a good old anti-fanwank space shuttle with an armed cosmonaut firing an Ori ship with Maxim MG model 1912?!

Anyway. I thought this would be fun. Bulls nessessaries I say! I ain't sharing a single model with you cavemen.
                        what the hell are you talking about? i wasn't being rude i was putting us building Z.P.Ms (even primative ones) in context...i wasn't being rude, you're new to the thread and while i haven't been hear particularly long myself i know what is and isn't fanwank and what is considered fanwank by the vaste majority...

i'm not trying to discourage you i'm merely saying that us building Z.P.M's in 27 years is like giving a cave man an instruction manuel to build nuclear reactors with a 27 time limit...not rude an inanalogy to get my point across...

if someone can point out where i've said something rude or offensive point it out and i'll apologise
                        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Extreamly conservative...Hmm, i certainly aint one of those..

Also hes completely right, building ZPM's in 27 years is not possible, if you had said that we aquired ZPM and put it in some form of context, then it might have been a little more credible but even still its not.
                          Also we know what fanwank is and isnt. If you want to see us in 50 years, in a credible universe then take a look at the GWF 2.0. In there we dont have ZPM's, we do have energy weapons, and you are right that evneually we will develop them. The most logical progression in our power sources will either come from Naquadah, which is the route chosen in the GW fleet's; or if the road not taken is anything to go by we shall continue to experiment with the Arcturis technology. The Onle way we shall start getting "new" ZPM's is if the ancients return in some capacity, we simply do not have the knowledge to build them. Although it not out of the question to thnk of us getting more ZPM, we have had 7 over the past 4 years after all. I think it would be illogical to assume we will find a way to construct them ourselves. We niether have the technology nor the actual working manufacturing knowledge to make them.

Oh and compared to your model, i think were the ones sharing with the cavemen..there are much, much, much better models on here than those, and while they are not bad, dont act superior and say you wont share because that doesnt get you anywhere, especially with me. Also if he isnt worth arguing with, then you can argue with me all you like. Not trying to pick a fight but your attitude is really quite wrong if your trying to make friends.
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          Stargate : Genesis |
                          Original Starship DesignThread
                          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                            Extreamly conservative...Hmm, i certainly aint one of those..

Also hes completely right, building ZPM's in 27 years is not possible, if you had said that we aquired ZPM and put it in some form of context, then it might have been a little more credible but even still its not.
                            Also we know what fanwank is and isnt. If you want to see us in 50 years, in a credible universe then take a look at the GWF 2.0. In there we dont have ZPM's, we do have energy weapons, and you are right that evneually we will develop them. The most logical progression in our power sources will either come from Naquadah, which is the route chosen in the GW fleet's; or if the road not taken is anything to go by we shall continue to experiment with the Arcturis technology. The Onle way we shall start getting "new" ZPM's is if the ancients return in some capacity, we simply do not have the knowledge to build them. Although it not out of the question to thnk of us getting more ZPM, we have had 7 over the past 4 years after all. I think it would be illogical to assume we will find a way to construct them ourselves. We niether have the technology nor the actual working manufacturing knowledge to make them.

Oh and compared to your model, i think were the ones sharing with the cavemen..there are much, much, much better models on here than those, and while they are not bad, dont act superior and say you wont share because that doesnt get you anywhere, especially with me. Also if he isnt worth arguing with, then you can argue with me all you like. Not trying to pick a fight but your attitude is really quite wrong if your trying to make friends.
                            cheers mate i wasn't sure if i was being unreasonable or not but now i'm not alone

Comment

Ugh me caveman, me stupid, me am more smarter than youse, youse need better lingiustic skill to engage me in verbal debate.

Okay now that I have that out of my system...

Sharing your models with us "cavemen" would be a good way to elevate our way of thinking and the way we make ships. If on the other hand you decide not to contribute then we will still be unintellectual cavemen.

... that center comment doesn't seem to make sense, your anti-fanwank seems to be a fan-wank itself. that would be a useless gesture.

If this post didn't make sense, then you can join the club, here have a button!

Comment

Hes not going to reply, id enjoy it too much Just like your post.

PS If you hadnt been so dang arrogent wed have let the fanwanking go and you could have impressed us next time, were a very forgiving community and generaly nice people...were not shippers who would eat you up for saying the wrong wording of a quote, were, what are we, shippies? THey really did steal our name...anyways yeah if you ahdnt been arrogent we wouldnt have ganged up and preemptively trash your introduction in to the thread

(im so hoping you reply soon!)
                                sigpic
                                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                                Stargate : Genesis |
                                Original Starship DesignThread
                                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X