X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by An-Alteran View Post
    Here is my set up history:

Fifteen thousand years ago, the Lanteans were faced with a dilemma. The Defense Force wanted to break off and eradicate the Wraith. They were banned from doing this for thousands of years. The council determined that they wanted to observe the Wraith, and refused to consider the possibility that if they did not act, the Wraith would overwhelm them. The Defense Force was made up primarily of Ancients who had no desire to ascend, but rather wanted to pursue life to its fullest, possibly eliminating cellular decay, which causes death.
    The majority of Lanteans were philosophically apposed to them.
    The Lanteans determined to see just how powerful the Wraith would become before the Wraith would attack them. The Lanteans were concerned about losing sight of ascension and didn’t want to become “brutal”. The Lanteans felt that the Wraith would never be capable of taking even one of their outposts. The Defense Force bitterly disagreed. They demanded the authority to prevent the Wraith from advancing, and find a way to rid this enemy of their strange traits.
    The Council ordered the Defense Force to cease any planning or action towards this goal.
    A rebellion ensued. Several loyalist ships were destroyed, and the Defense Force (along with a good number of high ranking scientists and other Lanteans) left Pegasus, never to return. This left the Lantean civilization with few advanced warships. The majority of their remaining fleet, small to begin with, was made up of transports, science ships, scouts, and very old warships. Several of the newer ships were left.
    When the Wraith attacked, they were neither ready, nor prepared for the sheer size of the invasion. Entire fleets had been hidden as mere agricultural growths on planets thought absent of intelligent life. Massive factories taken from the more advanced human races provided huge ship construction facilities.
    Before they could react, half the Galaxy was already in Wraith hands.
    Then the battle ensued. The Wraith lost nearly every ship-to-ship engagement here on out, but by attrition, slowly defeated the Ancients.
    The Ancients desperately set up a weapons system to defeat the Wraith, but that system proved more dangerous then it was worth, so the Ancient destroyed it. This left a small force of Ancient ships almost without Drones. They were ambushed and largely destroyed. The Ancients offered peace. They sent a delegation of their most powerful warships (the few of the newer ones not taken by the Defense Force in the rebellion) to a sector just outside the Galaxy, within reach of Wraith hyper drives.
    In a desperate sign of good faith, the Ancients left their ships with their shields lowered.
    The Wraith arrived, and sent a delegation over to the Ancient Warships.
    The Wraith onboard were unarmed… then the Wraith transports exploded, severally damaging the Ancient ship with the delegates. The Wraith fleet opened fire, and almost all ships were destroyed. Only the delegates, a few smaller ships, and a single warship (not the bombed one) survived. The Wraith lost almost all of the fleet they sent. But at that moment in time, they also launched as many ships as they could to attack the remaining Ancient worlds.
    Eventually only a few ships protected Atlantis and a handful of the most well defended worlds. A large network of single weapon satellites, that were produced en mass after the Wraith attacked (do to the lack of crews, this was the most efficient use of most ship construction facilities), defended Atlantis. Smaller networks defended most other worlds still under Ancient control. One such world was home to a large human populace. The Ancient tried using a new power source to power a weapons network on the planet. The Wraith attacked before the system went online, and though they took massive losses, they destroyed the several Ancient ships guarding the planet, and the defense satellites.
    The weapons system was rushed online, and destroyed the Wraith fleet. Unfortunately it overloaded and destroyed the world, and most of the energy turrets were destroyed in the process.
    The Ancients pulled a last ditch effort. They sent every ship they had left to attack the Wraith factory planets. They succeeded. Almost all the Wraith factories were destroyed. Their workforces devastated. In this offensive, most remaining Ancient warships were destroyed. In the fray a single ship learned of a secret weakness at the core of the Wraith’s technology… but that ship was damaged, and never seen again in its transit back to Atlantis.
    Another damaged ship landed at a small ship repair facility on a volcanic world.
    The few other remaining ships returned to protect Atlantis.
    The remaining Wraith fleet (still massive) slowly pounded away at the Ancients. Eventually only a single damaged satellite remaining in the Atlantis system, and the city was trapped underwater. They called all Ancients back to Atlantis. Some worlds under attack lost their Stargates and had to return via Transport ships.
    The Atlantians finally left Pegasus, never to return. The Wraith were left with virtually no way of reclaiming their production capabilities, and were left with a fleet far weaker, smaller, and fragmented.

This is what happened because of the Defense Force leaving. They never received the many emergency distress calls sent for them by Atlantis. They had disappeared into the vastness of space. They in their seclusion had determined to not grow in number. But to dedicate themselves not to Ascension, as the Ancients had done for millions of years, but rather to technology, and life extension. They developed all the technology of the Ancients to new grounds.
    Cool history, thats kind of how i imagined the war unfolded...your ship really is uber though...
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Yeah the history is pretty great but the ships kinda fanwankish, the interior descirption is nice too; but new ZPM's, 4 drones launchers, shields that can withstand a fleet of ori ships for as long as needed...dude the Ori are using all of the collective knowledge of the universe to build thier ships, there are no shields that can stand up to them...they might be able to survive longer but the Ori will kick your ass eventually. be you Ancient, wriath, Asgard or Replicator...that shields lets the ship down. oh and the word "Huge."...that always bugs me when people say that..
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by WTFOwned View Post
        It kinda looks like a bird bath knocked over by rabid squirrels...
        No offense, though
        hmm don't know where you got the rabid squirrel part but I can see what you mean by the birdbath part, pity that I must keep the dish since one of the many things that it detects is radio waves.

I don't have any stats for it as of yet but that's mainly because I'm lazy, it is also partially because the Hege Sensors come in varying sizes. The one that was shown in the picture is almost the size of a destroyer and belongs to their exploration ships. There is even one for their scout ship. No I haven't posted anything on their scout ship yet.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
          ...dude the Ori are using all of the collective knowledge of the universe to build thier ships, there are no shields that can stand up to them...they might be able to survive longer but the Ori will kick your ass eventually. be you Ancient, wriath, Asgard or Replicator...that shields lets the ship down..
          That's assuming that the Ori know everything there is to know, which is impossible. There may be shields out there that can stand up to Ori weapons, it's a big universe. Although I agree saying it can withstand a whole fleet of Ori warships is ridiculous, if anything was going to stand up to the Ori I would think it would be Ancients who dedicated themselves to technological advancement and instruments of war. It's a relatively contemporary ship as well, and has almost 10,000 years of development behind it, so it may be as advanced or more advanced than an Ori ship. Until we see an Ori ship versus an Ancient ship we'll never know which technology is greater.
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

well im going to say that ancient technology will be inferiour to Ori technology on the basis that the Ori are perfectly capable of spying on the ancients technology that they left behind and using that knowledge as a starting point to which they can then add thier own even more advanced technology via their ascended powers. it also explains why they have things like the control chair, an arcturis like power source (that is IMO what that was), the supergate, the satalite weapons, zat/staff type weapons(which IMO the goauld got from the ancients at some point) ...basiclyt the Ori have peered over to the ancients domain, saw what they liked, took that and made it better, stronger, larger, more powerfull and cooler..any way you spin it the Ori are perfectly capable of taking ancient technology and knowledge directly from our plane and turning it against us. THe ancients wont stop it, unless theyve hidden thier own technology which we nkow they havent otherwide theyd have hidden dakara..
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            11000! green me

Comment

well im going to say that ancient technology will be inferiour to Ori technology on the basis that the Ori are perfectly capable of spying on the ancients technology that they left behind and using that knowledge as a starting point to which they can then add thier own even more advanced technology via their ascended powers. it also explains why they have things like the control chair, an arcturis like power source (that is IMO what that was), the supergate, the satalite weapons, zat/staff type weapons(which IMO the goauld got from the ancients at some point) ...basiclyt the Ori have peered over to the ancients domain, saw what they liked, took that and made it better, stronger, larger, more powerfull and cooler..any way you spin it the Ori are perfectly capable of taking ancient technology and knowledge directly from our plane and turning it against us. THe ancients wont stop it, unless theyve hidden thier own technology which we nkow they havent otherwide theyd have hidden dakara..
              The Orisi tortured that Jaffa to find out about the Dakara device, and it's not that hard to find energy emissions of that magnitude coming from the surface. I'm not saying that they can't see into the MW or Pegasus, I'm just pointing out that they don't know everything. But anyway I'll drop the subject if you will, probably not the best thread for this discussion anyway.
              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                The Orisi tortured that Jaffa to find out about the Dakara device, and it's not that hard to find energy emissions of that magnitude coming from the surface.
                No not hard at all but it way way moor fun to torture some one for the information. It would of made a great scene if she could not get the information out of the solder and just dammit, hes dead now sulk a bit and then told one of followers to just scan the planet
                Last edited by knowles2; 29 October 2006, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                  No not hard at all but it way way moor fun to torture some one for the information. It would of made a great scene if she could not get the information out of the solder and just dammit, hes dead now sulk a bit and then told one of followers to just scan the planet
                  You sir, frighten me a little bit.

Comment

How do you take screenshots in Sketchup?

Comment

Go to file, then to export, and then 2D graphics.
                      Make sure your view is exactly how you want the "photo" to be taken from. once you click export > 2D graphics go through the usual save box routine and there you go. Screenshots in Sketchup
                      sigpic
                      11000! green me

Comment

There is also the trusty print screen key:
                        Oh snap. You're reading a really old post.

Comment

Go to file, then to export, and then 2D graphics.
                          Make sure your view is exactly how you want the "photo" to be taken from. once you click export > 2D graphics go through the usual save box routine and there you go. Screenshots in Sketchup
                          Thank you, I'm going to show the size of it againist a Hatak, it'll be up in a few minutes.
                          Edit: Here it is, keep in mind that I'm entirely done, I'm going to add some pods on the side.

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/3599/honosxy0.png
                          Last edited by Sam fisher; 29 October 2006, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam fisher View Post
                            Thank you, I'm going to show the size of it againist a Hatak, it'll be up in a few minutes.
                            Edit: Here it is, keep in mind that I'm entirely done, I'm going to add some pods on the side.

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/3599/honosxy0.png
                            Ok I assume that your ship is the itty bitty thing under the Hatak, but does it have a name, or any stats, and whatnot?

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                              Ok I assume that your ship is the itty bitty thing under the Hatak, but does it have a name, or any stats, and whatnot?
                              It does, but what I just showed you of the Honos was only to give you a small glimpse of the SCCP (Small Combat Spaceship Program). I should have the Honos stats and the other six ships I'm working on in a month or two.

Comment

Sam id love a closer view and it kinda looks like what i did for the ATS..i will like to compare when you release the full specs/pics
                                sigpic
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X