This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFOwned View Post
    'course it is! They refitted it with wraith engines, so it flies.

I'll edit this post with updates on the Asis, which I'm happy to announce is the new cargo transport to and from the Pegasus galaxy and for supplying the Midway Station during it's construction. The crane I'm adding will be useful.

Here's Big Red, my crane for hoisting big boxes full of weapons and other supplies:
    Spoiler:

I have boxes to make, which is more difficult than it sounds, plus I have to make some big huge cargo bay doors.
    What other cool stuff do you have that you've completed?

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

Guys , i need some help in making a new earth capital ship. Its about 700m long and built around 2011 .I could use some ideas on weapons,crew complement, ground forces.

Comment

Erm there are hundreds of designs like that...just look over some of the old designs..flick to a random page and look through, im sure your'll find something. However theres always my guide (page 105)...but seriously if you look around and find an Earth design its pretty easy to get a feel for what to put in. Weapons its missiles or rail guns or maybe soem kind of prototype energy weapon...
        crew is personal choice and if you want ground forces then the crew compiment could be less (say 80 crew) and then military contingent of say 400 would give you the ground troops. You would be able to then have ground troop vehicles and aerial support with fighters.

Its up to you
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

I got Bored

Name: Vulcan 1

Role: fighter Carrier

Size: 380mL 150mW 80mH

Propulsion:
          ~ 1x Ancient Hyperdrive
          ~ 2x chemical thrusters
          ~ 2x Gravity drives

Power Source:
          ~ 2x Enhanced Fusion reactors

Weaponry:
          ~ Drone command chair and SIlo System, armed with 15,000 Drones
          ~ 60x Laser pulse- Anti fighter positions

Defences:
          ~ Lantian Grade defence shields
          ~ Lantian Cloak (in place of shield

Craft:
          ~60x PJ planetary exploration craft

Other:
          ~ standard ancient ship faciliites

History and details:
          The Vulcan1 is the first indication the AE had that the anicents used PJ's as conventional attack craft. The vulcan is a carrier for PJ's and therefore by its having many PJ's on board it was used to fend off dart fleets attacking protected worlds from culling.
          The Vulcan1 came in to our possesion 3years ago, the deadalus routinely stops as it moves in to the pegasus galaxy during its monthly trip back and forth. This time it arrived above a planet which had been culled, it was clear that a hive ship had been destroyed and the rements of its escourt were scattered about the System. What was interesting is that in amounst the Wreckage were dozen of PJ's. It was the site of an ancient Ship building facility, the wraith had attacked and its latest venture, the Vulcan was launched in defence. It had won but the ship had been damaged.
          The deadalus used the ship building facility to land, it activated many of the facilities systems and discovered another Vulcan, partially complete.
          The IOA ordered the materials needed to complete the craft, and the Base became a new addtion to our colonies in the Pegasus Galaxy. The Vulcan' discovery and completions led to some major discovery about ancient technology. One discovery was that ancient ships used An enhanced form of Fusion to power thier vessels, essentially they used a Miniture Star and an advanced form of power generation to provide power, not as powerful as ZPM but apparently easier to build. The AE was keen to see if the techolgy could be adapted and put on our ships, they are still experimenting.
          Because of the Ships carrier function the ship building facility could also manufacture PJ class ships, meaning the recent destruction of our entire fleet of them in a wraith attack could be replenished, and also proide the Midway station and earth will a compliment of said ships.

THe discovery of the vulcan, and its aquisition in to the Earth fleet was a major bonus, and the discovery of the ship building facility was incredible important because it allowed us not only to built the Vulcans, repair them, and stock them with Pj's but it gave Earth the ability to attempt to replicate and understand the process by which they were built. Meaning ancient grade construction facilities, and with enough research perhap a new ancient fleet be built by the people of Earth.

Spoiler:

Meh, like i said, i was bored lol
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Nice ship you got there, especially the name(reminds of Vulcans from ST).
            Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

What is the AE? D'oh nevermind Atlantis Expedition.
              Last edited by jds1982; 28 October 2006, 09:59 AM.
              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by hotshotalpha1 View Post
                Guys , i need some help in making a new earth capital ship. Its about 700m long and built around 2011 .I could use some ideas on weapons,crew complement, ground forces.
                Interestingly, the Asis is 730 meters long and built in 2008-2011.

Nice looking ship, Immhotep
                Oh snap. You're reading a really old post.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                  I got Bored

Name: Vulcan 1

Role: fighter Carrier

Size: 380mL 150mW 80mH

Propulsion:
                  ~ 1x Ancient Hyperdrive
                  ~ 2x chemical thrusters
                  ~ 2x Gravity drives

Power Source:
                  ~ 2x Enhanced Fusion reactors

Weaponry:
                  ~ Drone command chair and SIlo System, armed with 15,000 Drones
                  ~ 60x Laser pulse- Anti fighter positions

Defences:
                  ~ Lantian Grade defence shields
                  ~ Lantian Cloak (in place of shield

Craft:
                  ~60x PJ planetary exploration craft

Other:
                  ~ standard ancient ship faciliites

History and details:
                  The Vulcan1 is the first indication the AE had that the anicents used PJ's as conventional attack craft. The vulcan is a carrier for PJ's and therefore by its having many PJ's on board it was used to fend off dart fleets attacking protected worlds from culling.
                  The Vulcan1 came in to our possesion 3years ago, the deadalus routinely stops as it moves in to the pegasus galaxy during its monthly trip back and forth. This time it arrived above a planet which had been culled, it was clear that a hive ship had been destroyed and the rements of its escourt were scattered about the System. What was interesting is that in amounst the Wreckage were dozen of PJ's. It was the site of an ancient Ship building facility, the wraith had attacked and its latest venture, the Vulcan was launched in defence. It had won but the ship had been damaged.
                  The deadalus used the ship building facility to land, it activated many of the facilities systems and discovered another Vulcan, partially complete.
                  The IOA ordered the materials needed to complete the craft, and the Base became a new addtion to our colonies in the Pegasus Galaxy. The Vulcan' discovery and completions led to some major discovery about ancient technology. One discovery was that ancient ships used An enhanced form of Fusion to power thier vessels, essentially they used a Miniture Star and an advanced form of power generation to provide power, not as powerful as ZPM but apparently easier to build. The AE was keen to see if the techolgy could be adapted and put on our ships, they are still experimenting.
                  Because of the Ships carrier function the ship building facility could also manufacture PJ class ships, meaning the recent destruction of our entire fleet of them in a wraith attack could be replenished, and also proide the Midway station and earth will a compliment of said ships.

THe discovery of the vulcan, and its aquisition in to the Earth fleet was a major bonus, and the discovery of the ship building facility was incredible important because it allowed us not only to built the Vulcans, repair them, and stock them with Pj's but it gave Earth the ability to attempt to replicate and understand the process by which they were built. Meaning ancient grade construction facilities, and with enough research perhap a new ancient fleet be built by the people of Earth.

Spoiler:

Meh, like i said, i was bored lol
                  cool ship...i plan on making an ancient battle ship, i'll make a model if my sketchup works
                  Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

i'm not sure about the number of pjs, if they had a battle carrier, i think they wouldn't waste ppl in fighter based craft. but overall nice story and interesting design. i think we should start designing ship yards of sorts soon, i'm on it now
                    ]

Comment

Here is my set up history:

Fifteen thousand years ago, the Lanteans were faced with a dilemma. The Defense Force wanted to break off and eradicate the Wraith. They were banned from doing this for thousands of years. The council determined that they wanted to observe the Wraith, and refused to consider the possibility that if they did not act, the Wraith would overwhelm them. The Defense Force was made up primarily of Ancients who had no desire to ascend, but rather wanted to pursue life to its fullest, possibly eliminating cellular decay, which causes death.
                      The majority of Lanteans were philosophically apposed to them.
                      The Lanteans determined to see just how powerful the Wraith would become before the Wraith would attack them. The Lanteans were concerned about losing sight of ascension and didn’t want to become “brutal”. The Lanteans felt that the Wraith would never be capable of taking even one of their outposts. The Defense Force bitterly disagreed. They demanded the authority to prevent the Wraith from advancing, and find a way to rid this enemy of their strange traits.
                      The Council ordered the Defense Force to cease any planning or action towards this goal.
                      A rebellion ensued. Several loyalist ships were destroyed, and the Defense Force (along with a good number of high ranking scientists and other Lanteans) left Pegasus, never to return. This left the Lantean civilization with few advanced warships. The majority of their remaining fleet, small to begin with, was made up of transports, science ships, scouts, and very old warships. Several of the newer ships were left.
                      When the Wraith attacked, they were neither ready, nor prepared for the sheer size of the invasion. Entire fleets had been hidden as mere agricultural growths on planets thought absent of intelligent life. Massive factories taken from the more advanced human races provided huge ship construction facilities.
                      Before they could react, half the Galaxy was already in Wraith hands.
                      Then the battle ensued. The Wraith lost nearly every ship-to-ship engagement here on out, but by attrition, slowly defeated the Ancients.
                      The Ancients desperately set up a weapons system to defeat the Wraith, but that system proved more dangerous then it was worth, so the Ancient destroyed it. This left a small force of Ancient ships almost without Drones. They were ambushed and largely destroyed. The Ancients offered peace. They sent a delegation of their most powerful warships (the few of the newer ones not taken by the Defense Force in the rebellion) to a sector just outside the Galaxy, within reach of Wraith hyper drives.
                      In a desperate sign of good faith, the Ancients left their ships with their shields lowered.
                      The Wraith arrived, and sent a delegation over to the Ancient Warships.
                      The Wraith onboard were unarmed… then the Wraith transports exploded, severally damaging the Ancient ship with the delegates. The Wraith fleet opened fire, and almost all ships were destroyed. Only the delegates, a few smaller ships, and a single warship (not the bombed one) survived. The Wraith lost almost all of the fleet they sent. But at that moment in time, they also launched as many ships as they could to attack the remaining Ancient worlds.
                      Eventually only a few ships protected Atlantis and a handful of the most well defended worlds. A large network of single weapon satellites, that were produced en mass after the Wraith attacked (do to the lack of crews, this was the most efficient use of most ship construction facilities), defended Atlantis. Smaller networks defended most other worlds still under Ancient control. One such world was home to a large human populace. The Ancient tried using a new power source to power a weapons network on the planet. The Wraith attacked before the system went online, and though they took massive losses, they destroyed the several Ancient ships guarding the planet, and the defense satellites.
                      The weapons system was rushed online, and destroyed the Wraith fleet. Unfortunately it overloaded and destroyed the world, and most of the energy turrets were destroyed in the process.
                      The Ancients pulled a last ditch effort. They sent every ship they had left to attack the Wraith factory planets. They succeeded. Almost all the Wraith factories were destroyed. Their workforces devastated. In this offensive, most remaining Ancient warships were destroyed. In the fray a single ship learned of a secret weakness at the core of the Wraith’s technology… but that ship was damaged, and never seen again in its transit back to Atlantis.
                      Another damaged ship landed at a small ship repair facility on a volcanic world.
                      The few other remaining ships returned to protect Atlantis.
                      The remaining Wraith fleet (still massive) slowly pounded away at the Ancients. Eventually only a single damaged satellite remaining in the Atlantis system, and the city was trapped underwater. They called all Ancients back to Atlantis. Some worlds under attack lost their Stargates and had to return via Transport ships.
                      The Atlantians finally left Pegasus, never to return. The Wraith were left with virtually no way of reclaiming their production capabilities, and were left with a fleet far weaker, smaller, and fragmented.

This is what happened because of the Defense Force leaving. They never received the many emergency distress calls sent for them by Atlantis. They had disappeared into the vastness of space. They in their seclusion had determined to not grow in number. But to dedicate themselves not to Ascension, as the Ancients had done for millions of years, but rather to technology, and life extension. They developed all the technology of the Ancients to new grounds.

Comment

This is the first of sevearl ships:

Ancient Ships:
                        Five ships exist in the Alteran remnant fleet.

Name:
                        Veris-Pileama

Role:
                        Home of the Remnant of the Altera. Flagship of the Fleet. Fortress of Good, and Protector of the innocent.

Size:
                        Huge.

Propulsion:
                        Dual Ancient Hyper drives. One Main, One backup.
                        Parts exist to replace both. More parts exist to replace most every part.

A matrix of 8 independent thrust generators exist, and are located on the rear.
                        And additional array of heavily armored backup generators exist, that are visually undetectable on the hull.

Power Source:
                        3 Newer more advanced ZPM’s, each having several times the output of a normal Alteran ZPM. Here by referred to as New Zero Point Modules: NZPMs.
                        They are physically larger. They are white and teal colored, and glow brighter than older model ZPMs.
                        Their power emission crystal matrix is a different shape and is incompatible with Ancient ZPM slots from before the Remnant broke from the Atlantians.
                        The Advanced ZPM generates several multiples of power than normal ones. And their storage energy bubble contains several times the energy than is contained in the older standard ZPM’s.
                        1 NZPM powers weapons and shields. This provides ample power
                        This provides more energy than needed, or than the systems can handle.
                        1 NZPM powers propulsion systems and all other systems.
                        This provides far more energy than needed, or than the systems can handle.
                        1 NZPM provides backup power if needed. Otherwise it remains dormant.
                        Any one NZPM can run the ship efficiently, at non-maximum combat energy requirements.
                        Each NZPM is in a different room. Each room is heavily guarded, and protected by multiple shield systems powered directly by the NZPM it is assigned to protect.
                        Independent control systems control all sensitive areas so as to prevent unfortunate takeover by invaders. Automated defense systems don’t exist, to prevent unfortunate or accidental eradication of the last living Ancients.

Weaponry:
                        Pulse Cannons: Dozens of energy pulse cannon receded turrets cover the ship. They are hard to identify, but each has twin essentially omni-directional emitters. They can fire anywhere that they are visible from. They are capable of easily overwhelming an enemies shields.
                        Nearly 70 can fire forwards, nearly 80 covers each side, with nearly 80 covering the dorsal and ventral sides of the ship.
                        Nearly 60 can fire aft, but less surface area is exposed aft ward than fore ward.
                        Energy Beam Cannons: The ship is armed with 8 energy cannons like the ones on the old defense satellites (but more powerful, and capable of penetrating almost all shield systems known in one shot. Only Ancient shields [as they exist on this and the other warships in this fleet] can withstand the firepower). They each fire relatively slowly (thus the need for the fast and powerful pulse cannons), but are nearly omni-directional. They can fire almost anywhere all the spikes visible from.
                        Drones: The ship has four Drone launch tubes, each capable of launching as many as can be launched from any of Atlantis’ (or outpost’s) launchers.
                        Thousands upon thousands of Drones are stored on the ship, far more than on Atlantis.
                        The Drones are slightly smaller, but more sleek and pointy, and their tails are slightly longer. They are as effective and powerful (read destructive) as the millions of years old model they replaced. It is hard to improve upon something that advanced and effective, but these Alterans succeeded.
                        Two tubes face forward and two face aft.
                        The tubes are set into pairs (one forward, one aft) a pair being on the port and a pair being on the starboard sides of the ship.
                        The tubes are seen when closed as large circular indentations oin the hull. These indentations open like an iris, and reveal a glowing shaft that goes to the Drone storage areas. This system is essentially the same as seen on the Orion, Atlantis, and the Ancient outposts.
                        Two control chairs exist for the pulse cannons.
                        Two exist for the drones.
                        And one Exists for the beam cannons.
                        This is to ease the work effort and make the systems more efficient.

Defenses:
                        Duel shield generators exist. Each one channels shield energy through the same emitter matrix along the hull. The shields can withstand massive amounts of weapons fire. With enough concentration weapons fire can overload parts of the matrix and allow limited amounts of weapons fire through the shields. (This happens with all shield systems)
                        The shields recharge rapidly, and can withstand the bombardment of literally a fleet of Orii warships without failing. This is demonstrated in a story I wrote.
                        But the ship can lose shields and certainly can be defeated.
                        The ship has impressive armor across its hull. This armor can absorb large quantities of fire itself. But is assisted by structural integrity energy grids and certainly inertial dampeners and inertial inhibitors. This is certainly nowhere near as effective as shields, but allows enough protection to escape into Hyperspace. The armor could barely withstand several direct hits from Orii main cannons, after that it is game over.

Craft:
                        60 Combat Transports are stored in the ships hangar bays.
                        80 Standard Personnel Transport Craft
                        They launch from small circular retracting (iris style) hatches at either the top-port, top-starboard, bottom-port, bottom-starboard of the ship.

Other:
                        Point to Point mass transporters. They cause a golden glow, with more rapid effects than the Asgard knockoffs. They are capable of point A to Point B relocation of matter.
                        They do not require a transit through the transporter on the ship before then being sent to another location.
                        The ship is filled with living spaces and life support facilities, science facilities, combat training facilities, armories, recreation facilities, inner ship transport facilities, long range/independent ring transporters, ect.
                        This ship can service and repair any other ship in the fleet.

History and details:
                        This ship was designed 657 years ago to replace its predecessor. That ship was slightly larger, but its space was less efficiently allocated, giving the Veris-Pileama more actual square footage and capabilities. The ship is far larger than Atlantis, but a single large structure. It resembles a ship, not a city.
                        The ship has a similar color and hue as the Puddle Jumpers.
                        But with slightly more of a teal tint. The hull has a segmented structure much like that of the Puddle Jumpers. Several sections of the hull segments are actually configured as Ancient Writing.
                        The majestic ship has a split wedge shape towards the bow, with sleek lines and a curving side. Strong sections protrude slightly above the hull in twin pairs, one on the top, one on the bottom. The Ship’s hulls, towards the front on the right and left sides are the characters: VERISPILEAMA written across it, engraved in the hull. Across the Front is engraved ANQUIETASVERISPILEAMA.
                        Four small sets of spikes protrude slightly above the forward hull, and again four towards the aft, set in a circular pattern. These are the beam cannons.
                        The inside of the ship is pure white. The walls, the floors, everything is white. The walls often have access consoles on the walls that are crystal/touch screen systems. Holographic interactive displays litter the halls. A more fluid style of Ancient Writing is shown throughout the ship. Writing is every wear, and all of it glows a slight greenish/blue tint.
                        Every door has written on it in subdued writing on the lower middle its function, where it leads, ect.
                        The ship is lit with pure white light. The walls themselves almost glow white.
                        Yet the light is not bright enough to make one’s eyes hurt.
                        Arches are prominent structures throughout the architecture of the inside of this ship. The Doors are a lighter bluish hue, yet still with a strong white glow around them. The doors have stain glass in pin patterns on the upper middle section.
                        The wide main hallways go up to almost twice the height of a human being.
                        The white light seems to cause a peaceful hum, which resonates in the walls.
                        Last edited by An-Alteran; 28 October 2006, 05:57 PM.

Comment

ooops.

Comment

Here's my first rendition of a Hege remote sensor. What do you think?

Last edited by Daryl Froggy; 29 November 2009, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
                              Here's my first rendition of a Hege remote sensor. What do you think?

Nice, any stats on it? Or have you already posted something about it?
                              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

It kinda looks like a bird bath knocked over by rabid squirrels...
                                No offense, though
                                Oh snap. You're reading a really old post.

Comment

Working...
                                X