X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Earth battle! 100% make that you 1000th post! youve earnt it
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
      i agree, you've made something truely original my ships were just more of the same but on a different scale yours is something different...

does anyone have any idea's for what i should do for my 1000th post?
      Thanks guys Knowles, Imohtep and Buba Uognarf for your compliments I just hope that the model lives up to your expectations. I supose it will look simular to the white star from B5 i tried to keep it original but with a semi organic structure you have to make it look some what organic. The model is done im just wondering how to either put it on sketch up or put it on the forum itself? Any help greatly welcomed. Any advice on changing the model aswell to fit more with the spec would be cool aswell.

Comment

Well I worked out how to do it so hear is the model with some basic colour. I could not decide exactly what the final look should be but there it is. Any ideas to improve the overal design. SHout out lol
        The final dimensions ended up being 133 ft by 79 ft i dont think this is big enough but my computer does not like the amount of work it has to do to re scale the whole thing. Sooooo actual dimensions still up in the air.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Zeus; 01 November 2006, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thefather View Post
          Ok. I havent read the entire 117 pages, so this may be a rehash, im not THAT smart.

The F-365 Stiletto MK-1

Purpose: Anti-wraith/Ori capital ship fighter.

Specs:
          crew: 3 (pilot, weapons, nav/com/sensors)
          length: 15m
          width: 10m
          height: 5m
          powerplant: two mk-II naquadah generators
          Sublight: quadruple ion drives
          no in-atmosphere flight capability
          hyperdrive: naquadria based short range hyperdrive (ala 'Fallen')
          armoring: trinium alloy ablative armor plating, backed by adapted Kull warrior energy absorption ceramic matrix
          no shields
          weapons:
          three Mark 9 nuclear warheads w/propulsion systems
          other:
          Assimilated Ancient puddle jumper cloak system
          inertial dampers
          no phasers

The Stiletto is Earth's answer to hostile alien capital ships. Beaming technology and conventional long-range missile delivery for nuclear warheads has always been spotty at best. The Stiletto is designed to bypass the defense shield of a wraith hive-ship's dart screen, through the use of its adapted ancient cloak, and make its attack from close range. At point blank range, the hive ship will have no time for defensive countermeasures against a high-velocity nuclear warhead. After launching the warhead, the F-365 jumps immediately to hyperspace, instantaneously traveling to a safe distance.

The 365's potential effectiveness against an Ori capital ship is unknown, due to the unknown strength of their shields.

I like the Kull warrior armour that you put on the ship, I dunno if it has been put in other ships earlier im pretty new hear. I like it. As for the cloke it would def work against the Wraith as long as the ship is small enough, but the Ori i would imagin can see through the cloke. I dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeus View Post
            Well I worked out how to do it so hear is the model with some basic colour. I could not decide exactly what the final look should be but there it is. Any ideas to improve the overal design. SHout out lol
            The final dimensions ended up being 133 ft by 79 ft i dont think this is big enough but my computer does not like the amount of work it has to do to re scale the whole thing. Sooooo actual dimensions still up in the air.
            I like the design, it reminds me of some kind of bird, but I can see Whitestar there also. I imagine rounded edges would give it a little more of an "organic" look, but I still haven't mastered that technique. As for the size, just because that's the size in your model, doesn't mean that has to be the accepted size for the ship, just multiply those numbers by 5 or something, whatever gives you a size you're comforatable with. Man that thing is packing some heat with that big gun on its back, or underside whichever it's supposed to be.

Spoiler:
            Not really sure if the Ori can see through a cloak, they didn't appear to see through Teal'c's in "The Pegasus Project".
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

You model is awesome Zeus, hope you stick around your a great new designer
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              11000! green me

Comment

Here is the images of the Artemis Ancient Ship. My first attempt at 3D modelling.

Spoiler:
                Name: The Artemis

Type: Long range, hyperspace capable, tactical cruiser. Originally a long range exploration craft.

Technology base: Ancient/Asgard based technology.

Operators: Mainly operated by humans, a few key systems are run by Asgard personnel.

Naval Classification: Battle cruiser, originally an exploration ship.

Hull: Four meter thick ablative naquadah/trinium/carbon alloy with a two meter thick secondary lower hull made of a trinium/zinc alloy.

Decks:The Artemis has fifteen decks the bottom two are larger than the other decks due to engineering bays..

Layout:Deck one is the main bridge of the ship it houses the main control room and conference room. Deck one is 4.5 meters high, 35 meters long and 20 meters wide. Decks two to four contain the crew quarters and recreational facilities. Decks five to six contain the scientific labs and research rooms, along with some of the weapons batteries. Deck seven contains the status pods and storage compartments. Deck eight contains the main storage compartments and main weapon batteries. Deck nine, ten and eleven contain the vehicles, and craft along with the two side docking bays. Decks twelve and thirteen contain backup systems, escape lifepods, and weapons storage. Decks fourteen and fifteen contain the engineering bays and power systems, deck fifteen also houses the landing platforms.
                The hyperdrive and sublight engines are positioned at the rear to decks seven, eight and nine. The anti-gravity engines are positioned at the bottom of deck fifteen along with the retractable landing platforms.
                Decks eight to twelve have teleportation ring access for vehicle transportation and storage transfer.

Dimensions: The decks are 3.5 meters high with each deck having a ventilation shaft that’s runs the length of the deck which are one meter high by one meter deep.
                The bottom two decks are 5 meters high with ventilation shafts that are 1 meter high and two meters wide. The overall dimensions of the Artemis are 70.5 meters high with a length of 500 meters with a width of 165 meters.

Displacement: Nine hundred thousand metric tons.

Crew: The ship has a crew of 150 men and women, with space for 500 troops.

Craft: The Artemis carries a compliment of twelve F-302s and two mid-range scouts. Originally the Artemis carried five Puddle Jumpers for use of exploration.

Vehicles: The Artemis carries five APCs and two multiple rocket launchers.

Power plant: One ZPM with two Mark VI Naquada Generators as backups incorporated by Asgard technology.

Engines: The Artemis uses an Asgard hybrid hyperdrive capable of interstellar and intergalactic travel, after the original Ancient hyperdrive was damaged. The Artemis also has its original sublight propulsion and Anti-Gravity engines.

Armament/Weapons: The Artemis contains an assortment of Ancient and Asgard weapons. Containing a small amount of Ancient Drone weapons, and fitted with sixteen rotational Asgard Pulsed dual-energy weapons (four on the top, four on the bottom and finally four on either side of the ship).

Defences: The Artemis is equipped with an Ancient Shield which had been slightly modified by the Asgard, along with its ablative alloy hull which dissipates most of the energy produced by energy weapons providing the hull with added protection, along with the secondary hull which also acts as a sort of crumple zone for added protection against energy attacks.

Other Technology: The Artemis is equipped with some of its original Ancient technology which includes a single ring transporter, status pods, after the discovery by the Asgard the Artemis was equipped with some extra equipment which included Asgard beaming technology, Asgard enhanced sensors and an Asguard AI system.

Technical and Historical Notes:
                The Artemis was originally designed by the Ancients as an exploration ship, it had enhanced sensors with minimal offensive and defensive capability, and was sent to look for possible areas to set up new outposts for further exploration. The Artemis was one of the first ships to discover the race known as the Asgard, the Artemis was to be known as the first contact of races and its captain Yamar became the head of the Asgard/Ancient delegation committee and then diplomat for the “Alliance of four great races”.
                The Artemis was used both in the Milky Way and Peragus galaxies, and helped set up part of the Stargate Network. However the Artemis then became primarily a battle cruiser against the Wraith onslaught. The Artemis’ shields were increased to allow it to be comparable to the other ships in the Ancient fleet. The original ship was partial destroyed when it was attacked by three Wraith Hive Ships while returning to an Ancient outpost. It was rebuilt and sent back into the fleet when the Ancient began to lose ground, the Artemis’ final mission was to transport a group of Ancients back to earth, however it did not make it after a surprise attack by a Wraith squadron, the Artemis narrowly escaped. On its return to earth it finally suffered a major system failure that caused the ship to be stranded in space, luckily the crew managed to escape using lifeboats and another Ancient ship that happened to receive their emergency beacon.

It was later discovered by the Asgard while exploring the breach between the Peragus and Milky way galaxy. Finding it damaged the Asgard went about fixing the Artemis and began incorporating their technology into the ship as well. The Asgard increased the capability of the sensors and equipped the ship with beaming technology and fixed the hyperdrive engines (when I say fixed I mean they just replaced it with their equivalent), they even included their own weapons technology, originally believing the ship to be empty of drones, the Asgard found a secondary store containing a limited amount. Finally the Asgard added a secondary hull to the ship to reduce the risk of further system failures. It was given to the humans as a gift as long as they could use the ship if required.

When the original strike against the Ori was proposed it was hoped that the Artemis would be ready in time, however it still had a few glitches with the shield so was postponed. It is now being prepared to help in the assault against the Ori.

Meet the Karn, the true race of the stars.

Comment

Well here a smaller verson of a aurora war ships.

the titan

Weapons

4 forward energy cannons.
                  1 drone launcher, about five hundred drones.
                  12 low calibar energy cannon, specally design to target and destroy wraith darts. They have extreamely high fire rate, 40 shots per minute.

crew:

thirty crew is needed to have this vessel fully operational.

Sensors:

The sensor carry the ancient full array of sensors and can cover fifty percent of the galaxy

Engines:

4 ion propulsion drive.
                  1 gravity propulsion for increase maneuverability
                  1 standard interstellar hyper drive, can be modified to intergalactic drive, safe guards put in place to prevent this.

other space craft:

Two puddle jumpers.

Additional equipment:

Ancient beam transporters.
                  Ancient cloak

History:

At the beginning of the war the ancient relies they were vastly out numbered, not only this they also had limited intelligence on their enemy. Also their current class of ships were massive and took at lease year from beginning to end to complete. What the ancients needed was fast maneuverable vessel capable of scouting out behind enemy lines. They also need a craft which is capable of launching surprise attacks and thus the titan was born. A small fast and heavily armoured vessel. This scout and attack craft was able to take on a single hives or several cruisers and win. The average construction time for this vessel is six month, half the normal, although this time drastically decrease as they got use to building them and were construction time was brought down to around three months.

The first of the production line was name the titan it surve a well during it twenty years of service, the longest a single ancient vessel survive for,. This vessel several successes which help keep the wraith temporarily at bay. One was when they launch a assault on a hive construction facility. The vessel jump out of hyper drive right inside the a the planet atmosphere and launch the zpm bomb, which destroyed most of the solar system but not before successfully jumping back into hyperspace and escape. This single mission they manage to destroyed over a thousand hive ships. Unfortunately the captain, the lantians best died during the attack. Although this was a great victory it was great lost losing one of their greatest military leaders and the one who lead them to most of their victories. Shortly after wraith seek revenge and attack the Atlantis. This was the first siege to Atlantis. The titan and several dozen vessels lead a rescue fleet they were able to destroyed the forces which surrounded Atlantis but during the assault a hive vessel headed straight for Atlantis intending to ram it, the titan made a suicide run at the vessel and manage to destroy the hive unfortunately the ships was destroyed in the process but it saved Atlantis.

Still got to add textures and details to it but basically the design is their, and weapons.

So how wha do you think.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                    Well here a smaller verson of a aurora war ships.

the titan

Weapons

4 forward energy cannons.
                    1 drone launcher, about five hundred drones.
                    12 low calibar energy cannon, specally design to target and destroy wraith darts. They have extreamely high fire rate, 40 shots per minute.

crew:

thirty crew is needed to have this vessel fully operational.

Sensors:

The sensor carry the ancient full array of sensors and can cover fifty percent of the galaxy

Engines:

4 ion propulsion drive.
                    1 gravity propulsion for increase maneuverability
                    1 standard interstellar hyper drive, can be modified to intergalactic drive, safe guards put in place to prevent this.

other space craft:

Two puddle jumpers.

Additional equipment:

Ancient beam transporters.
                    Ancient cloak

History:

At the beginning of the war the ancient relies they were vastly out numbered, not only this they also had limited intelligence on their enemy. Also their current class of ships were massive and took at lease year from beginning to end to complete. What the ancients needed was fast maneuverable vessel capable of scouting out behind enemy lines. They also need a craft which is capable of launching surprise attacks and thus the titan was born. A small fast and heavily armoured vessel. This scout and attack craft was able to take on a single hives or several cruisers and win. The average construction time for this vessel is six month, half the normal, although this time drastically decrease as they got use to building them and were construction time was brought down to around three months.

The first of the production line was name the titan it surve a well during it twenty years of service, the longest a single ancient vessel survive for,. This vessel several successes which help keep the wraith temporarily at bay. One was when they launch a assault on a hive construction facility. The vessel jump out of hyper drive right inside the a the planet atmosphere and launch the zpm bomb, which destroyed most of the solar system but not before successfully jumping back into hyperspace and escape. This single mission they manage to destroyed over a thousand hive ships. Unfortunately the captain, the lantians best died during the attack. Although this was a great victory it was great lost losing one of their greatest military leaders and the one who lead them to most of their victories. Shortly after wraith seek revenge and attack the Atlantis. This was the first siege to Atlantis. The titan and several dozen vessels lead a rescue fleet they were able to destroyed the forces which surrounded Atlantis but during the assault a hive vessel headed straight for Atlantis intending to ram it, the titan made a suicide run at the vessel and manage to destroy the hive unfortunately the ships was destroyed in the process but it saved Atlantis.

Still got to add textures and details to it but basically the design is their, and weapons.

So how wha do you think.
                    I like it, it makes sense to have smaller ships that were easier to build. It seems that both of our ships are almost designed to be counterparts. It would have been interesting to see them noth go at each other had the Abomination ever been put in to service.

I think I may start to delve in to the history of the ship a bit more and mayb if it gets found.

Comment

I have a few Applied Ancient Technology concepts I would like to share... but I have no decent computer artist skill to portray them.
                      (They are extremely beautiful in my mind, but I can't portray them. It is annoying.)

I will post theit info and a physical description if you all don't mind.

The thing is, they are supposed to be from a sect of Ancients who devoted themselves to technological advancement, not Ascension.

So the ships are extremely powerful, but very limited in number... and can be defeated... eventually.

So I don't want to post them if you deem them to be to "uber".

All your designs are really cool.

Comment

ok they will be uber, i thank oyu for forwarning us...If you have a good history uber isnt a problem
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

I like the sound of Ancients dedicated to incresing their technology. Sounds interesting.

Comment

Ok this is technically not a starship, or any kind of ship, but oh well. Behold the Wraith automobile!!!!
                            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                              Ok this is technically not a starship, or any kind of ship, but oh well. Behold the Wraith automobile!!!!
                              'course it is! They refitted it with wraith engines, so it flies.

I'll edit this post with updates on the Asis, which I'm happy to announce is the new cargo transport to and from the Pegasus galaxy and for supplying the Midway Station during it's construction. The crane I'm adding will be useful.

Here's Big Red, my crane for hoisting big boxes full of weapons and other supplies:
                              Spoiler:

I have boxes to make, which is more difficult than it sounds, plus I have to make some big huge cargo bay doors.
                              Last edited by WTFOwned; 26 October 2006, 12:30 PM.
                              Oh snap. You're reading a really old post.

Comment

WTFowned the interior of the ASIS is awesome; however a note on the crane: Beaming technology...it would make cranes obsolete..but nice touch anyways.
                                Last edited by immhotep; 26 October 2006, 02:17 PM.
                                sigpic
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X