Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About the Ancients fighters, I think it would be more likely that they would have UCAVs.

Comment

Name: X305- Athena

Type: Mid range Warship

Technology base: Asgard/Hebridan/Goauld/Human
      Operators: Human
      Naval Classification: BattleCarrier
      Hull: naquadah/trinium/carbon alloy.
      Dimensions: 450mL 180mW 60mH
      Crew: 350

Craft: 48 F-302
      Vehicles: 8x UCAV, 18x MALP

Engines: 14x Hebirdan Ion thrusters, 1x Asgard Hyperdrives
      Power plant: 5x Mark III Naquadah reactor, 1x Experimental Ion reactors
      Defences: 1x Asgard shield Generators
      Armament/Weapons: 24x VLS opperating mark XIII Naquadriah enhanced warheads.

2x Experimental Ion cannons
      2x 3000mm Experimental Rail guns
      8x 800mm Main rail guns
      72 x 180mm Secondary rail guns

Other Technology: The Athena has all Current ESF specs, including Asgard bemaing technology, sensors and crystel based computers
      Technical and Historical Notes:

The Athena is in the majority of areas identical to the deadalus class battle carrier used in the Earth Space Fleet. However one this sets the athena apart from the rest of the ships in our fleet. The athena is the first "experimental" ship in our fleet; experimental in the sense that its primary role is to test next generation weapon coming out of area 51 before they are used on other ships of the line.
      The Ship is the test bed for two new weapon technologys and new power source. The ship's new weapons array includes 2 experimental Ion cannons, retro engineered from the Tollan and upgraded by the Area 51 Asgard contingent they are powerfull enough to once again take out hatak class motherships. Thus finally giving earth tactical supremicy over the Jaffa.
      The second weapons technology is to fight the wraith, two large calibre Rail guns for use against hive ships, having larger calibre Rail guns seems like a best use of weapons in the Pegasus galaxy, and while the new Ion cannons if sucessfull will definitly aid the war in Pegasus a larger rail guns will be easier to fit on to the ships of the line which all run Rail guns based offencive systems currently.
      The new Power source is a new system that the Hebridans have worked on for us and we are testing, it is a large scale version of their own Ion drive power sources. It can improve the Engines sublight speed by 65% and take 6 days of a Earth~Atlantis hyperspace trip.

The athena is not technically a new ship, it is a mock up which has yet to see full combat. If the testing of experimental technology is successfull on this ship the pentagon see no reason why other ships could not be modified to include the smae techolgy, the similarity in base specs of the X305-Athena and the BC304 Deadalus indicate no problem in the transfer of upgrades from one class to a newer next generation line of vessels based on the Athena.

I was bored so i revamped an old, used design no images, its the deadalus with extras.
      Immhotep
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Ok i know this really isn't a ship but i kind of got carried away, so it isn't as good as it could be, as i am currently concentrating on my Artemis Ship.

Name: Point 101

Type: Ancient Point Defence Satellite Station.

Technology base: Ancient based technology.

Operators: Operated by Ancients

Naval Classification: Satellite designation A12-109

Hull: Eight meter thick naquadah/trinium/carbon alloy

Decks: The Point 101 has 3 hundred and twelve decks

Dimensions: Each deck is four meters high, with a ventilation shaft running the length of each deck, around one meter high by 0.5 meters wide. The bottom ten decks are ten meters high and do not have a ventilation shaft.
        The Point 101 is 1610 meters high with a final height of 1700 meters and 800 meters wide, at its widest point it is 1000 meters.

Displacement: Unknown

Crew: The Point 101 has a crew of ten thousand men and women with space for an extra five thousand plus.

Craft: It has a compliment of at least ten puddle jumpers.

Vehicles: Point 101 has no vehicles.

Power plant: Two ZPMs power the Point 101 satellite.

Engines: The Point 101 has a small number of sublight engines to allow the satellite to be repositioned if required.

Armament/Weapons: The Point 101 is equipped with a very large number of Ancient Drones along with a large number of repeating energy weapons.

Defences:
        The Point 101 is equipped with an Ancient Shield and point defence energy weapons.

Other Technology: The Point 101 is equipped with enhanced Ancient sensors and teleportation rings, it is also equipped with a stargate. Two Ancient control chairs, control all the functions of the station.

The Point 101 was built as a defence satellite for the Ancient outpost of Sarow which is now under the control of the Wraith. It was built to defend against the ever increasing risk of the Wraith who had begun to conquer Ancient outposts. It was designed to alert the planets outpost of an impending attack allowing the inhabitants time to prepare. In defensive mode the satellite station splits up increasing its width to 1500 meters showing its awesome offensive capability. There are two control chairs, one controls the large compliment of drones while the other controls the energy weapons, and this has reduced the risk of over stimulation of the controllers mind allowing them to function properly.

The Point 101 was functional for many years until it was finally destroyed after a large fleet of Wraith boarded the station and destroyed it from the inside, overloading the ZPMs, it is unknown if this was accidental or intentional. After the destruction of Point 101 the outpost fell to the Wraith onslaught very quickly.
        Meet the Karn, the true race of the stars.

Comment

Here is one of my new designs in sketchup, only my second but im still working on my skill design in it,

This is just the the general design of the ship. I havent dont any of the detail work on it or the list of features that it has.

This ship is not to scale, its only about 10 yards

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...f112a0d853b0d6
          sigpic
          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
            Name: X305- Athena

Type: Mid range Warship

Technology base: Asgard/Hebridan/Goauld/Human
            Operators: Human
            Naval Classification: BattleCarrier
            Hull: naquadah/trinium/carbon alloy.
            Dimensions: 450mL 180mW 60mH
            Crew: 350

Craft: 48 F-302
            Vehicles: 8x UCAV, 18x MALP

Engines: 14x Hebirdan Ion thrusters, 1x Asgard Hyperdrives
            Power plant: 5x Mark III Naquadah reactor, 1x Experimental Ion reactors
            Defences: 1x Asgard shield Generators
            Armament/Weapons: 24x VLS opperating mark XIII Naquadriah enhanced warheads.

2x Experimental Ion cannons
            2x 3000mm Experimental Rail guns
            8x 800mm Main rail guns
            72 x 180mm Secondary rail guns

Other Technology: The Athena has all Current ESF specs, including Asgard bemaing technology, sensors and crystel based computers

The Athena is in the majority of areas identical to the deadalus class battle carrier used in the Earth Space Fleet. However one this sets the athena apart from the rest of the ships in our fleet. The athena is the first "experimental" ship in our fleet; experimental in the sense that its primary role is to test next generation weapon coming out of area 51 before they are used on other ships of the line.
            The Ship is the test bed for two new weapon technologys and new power source. The ship's new weapons array includes 2 experimental Ion cannons, retro engineered from the Tollan and upgraded by the Area 51 Asgard contingent they are powerfull enough to once again take out hatak class motherships. Thus finally giving earth tactical supremicy over the Jaffa.
            The second weapons technology is to fight the wraith, two large calibre Rail guns for use against hive ships, having larger calibre Rail guns seems like a best use of weapons in the Pegasus galaxy, and while the new Ion cannons if sucessfull will definitly aid the war in Pegasus a larger rail guns will be easier to fit on to the ships of the line which all run Rail guns based offencive systems currently.
            The new Power source is a new system that the Hebridans have worked on for us and we are testing, it is a large scale version of their own Ion drive power sources. It can improve the Engines sublight speed by 65% and take 6 days of a Earth~Atlantis hyperspace trip.

The athena is not technically a new ship, it is a mock up which has yet to see full combat. If the testing of experimental technology is successfull on this ship the pentagon see no reason why other ships could not be modified to include the smae techolgy, the similarity in base specs of the X305-Athena and the BC304 Deadalus indicate no problem in the transfer of upgrades from one class to a newer next generation line of vessels based on the Athena.

I was bored so i revamped an old, used design no images, its the deadalus with extras.
            Immhotep
            Hey nothing wrong with revamping old designs.
            Meet the Karn, the true race of the stars.

Comment

the oniel is a warship! it not a fighter, its about 3000x the size of a fighter! *shocked*
              Originally posted by jds1982
              Yeah I know an O'Neill is a battleship, I was joking when I said it was a fighter, although could you imagine if it was what their battleships would be like?
              also the fighter carrying missiles isnt exactly farfetched..i though that our fighters already carried them, im sure that it could have nukes. Espeicially those ones because they dont use alot of explosive material but instead use potentcy of combining naqadah(or varient) with potassium which we know even in microscopic quanities can cause massive explosions.
              I'm not questioning having missiles, or even nukes on a fighter, I think it makes sense. I'm just questioning having nukes that can take out an area the size of Africa. That's a pretty large scale explosion, and I imagine it would take a pretty large bomb to accomplish that, no matter what form of explosive you are using. Your fighter could decimate worlds.
              Last edited by jds1982; 24 October 2006, 12:08 PM.
              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Good Lord I've killed this thread!
                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Death is never permanent, just watch the show. I'm still going to be working on my ships but I have to take a hiatus to prevent major academic breakdown.

Comment

Ok. I havent read the entire 117 pages, so this may be a rehash, im not THAT smart.

The F-365 Stiletto MK-1

Purpose: Anti-wraith/Ori capital ship fighter.

Specs:
                    crew: 3 (pilot, weapons, nav/com/sensors)
                    length: 15m
                    width: 10m
                    height: 5m
                    powerplant: two mk-II naquadah generators
                    Sublight: quadruple ion drives
                    no in-atmosphere flight capability
                    hyperdrive: naquadria based short range hyperdrive (ala 'Fallen')
                    armoring: trinium alloy ablative armor plating, backed by adapted Kull warrior energy absorption ceramic matrix
                    no shields
                    weapons:
                    three Mark 9 nuclear warheads w/propulsion systems
                    other:
                    Assimilated Ancient puddle jumper cloak system
                    inertial dampers
                    no phasers

The Stiletto is Earth's answer to hostile alien capital ships. Beaming technology and conventional long-range missile delivery for nuclear warheads has always been spotty at best. The Stiletto is designed to bypass the defense shield of a wraith hive-ship's dart screen, through the use of its adapted ancient cloak, and make its attack from close range. At point blank range, the hive ship will have no time for defensive countermeasures against a high-velocity nuclear warhead. After launching the warhead, the F-365 jumps immediately to hyperspace, instantaneously traveling to a safe distance.

The 365's potential effectiveness against an Ori capital ship is unknown, due to the unknown strength of their shields.
                    Last edited by thefather; 24 October 2006, 08:02 PM.

Comment

This is my first attempt there is a model i made just need to work out how to put it on the sketchup thing or post pics on this board. Hope its not fanwank I dont think it is the ship is designed to intercept a Lantian warship and not win but weaken it. Enjoy or not lol

Ship Specification

Type: Prototype Heavily armed attack vessel

Name: Never given a specific name for this type of vessel. Was referred to during development as the Lantian, in this sense ‘abomination’.

Technology base: Wraith semi - organic technology

Operators: Wraith commanders, Wraith Engineers, Wraith Scientists

Naval Classification: Medium Attack cruiser

Hull: Wraith prototype bio-metallic wraith skin.

Dimensions: Needs updating

Crew:
                      · Maximum Personnel: 17 Wraith – Captain,
                      Weapons Officer x 3
                      Communications Officer
                      Engineers x 10
                      Scientists x 2
                      · Ideal Compliment: 10 – Captain
                      Weapons officer x 3
                      Communication Officer
                      Engineers x 5

Craft: NA

Vehicles: NA

Power plant: Wraith experimental power generator (modification of cruiser base generator)

Engines: Experimental Wraith Engines – Theoretically allows for no definite front or rear end to the ship.

Armament/Weapons:
                      11 Low yield Plasma Cannon – Blanket fire to intercept drones.
                      6 Standard Wraith Plasma Cannons + 1 back up on underside of ship.
                      2 Medium powered Plasma Cannons, Mounted on rotating turret.
                      1 High yield plasma cannon – slow rate of fire, mounted on rotating turret.
                      All weapons mounted on rotating turrets, allows for tracking of enemies.

Defences Wraith Bio armour, augmented with wraith alloy on a genetic level = prototype.

Other Technology: Modified Wraith culling beam to just standard transport beam.
                      Comparably advanced Experimental sensor net compared to previous Wraith ships– designed to pick up cloaked ships by identifying minute gravitational fluctuations from Lantian ships inertial and gravitational engines. Allows for faster tracking of enemy vessels than previous ships.

Technical and Historical Notes: During the first war with the Lantians it was clear to the wraith that technologically they were severely out classed. Due to this disadvantage a Wraith scientist decided 78 years into the war to develop a ship that tried to resolve some of the limitations in Wraith technology. One major disadvantage was the organic technology used for the ships in the Wraith fleet. Resulting in the constant need for pits stops due to radiation in hyperspace travel. This resulted in the designer of the ship to step away from the process of the less controlled growing of ships and used a form of genetic manipulation to incorporate the resilience and self-repair capability of organic technology with the resistance to radiation of a metallic alloy. This resulted in a more controlled process of building which made the aesthetics of the ship far more organised than that of previous craft. This led to biotechnology that could repair itself and allowed hyperspace travel for a period of 3 times longer. He was unable to eliminate this problem completely as shields like those used on Lantian ships would be need and he saw no point in using power for something that tactically gave no crucial advantage. Thus a failsafe was integrated into the system to prevent damage to the organic technology. This meant that the majority of the galaxy could be crossed in one hyperspace jump with the new biotechnology.
                      The designer also saw that the wraith technology was based more upon feeding than on war thus he designed a ship that had no stasis pods for food or culling beams that stored the prey’s pattern in a buffer. He considered the wraiths natural longevity and the plentiful supply of humans as a determining factor in getting rid of the stasis pods. Thus freeing up power for other systems, mainly the new weapons systems, new low yield fast rate interceptors are an example, which are designed to in effect become suppression fire to defend against incoming drones, as the ship does not have fighters and the drones seem to be able to navigate to the main target making kamikaze runs all but pointless. Further to this, standard plasma cannons seen on wraith cruisers are installed. In addition there are two new sizes of weapon to try and increase the effective firepower against Lantian warships. These are the Medium and High yield plasma weapons, which are more potent and scaled up versions with tighter confinement fields that make each burst far more compact and penetrable. The main slow rate cannon is designed to cut through the hull rather than explode on impact. Hopefully causing secondary explosions like those caused with drones. It should be noted though the wraiths do not have the phase shifting technology of the Lantians. At the time the Lantians inevitably won one on one confrontation’s.
                      Due to the ships role to engage before the rest of the fleet, the ship was needed to have fire power that could engage a Lantian warship with a reasonable chance of at least depleting the Lantian ship of drones and some power in the shield, enabling smaller task forces to be sent to deal with the said ship than had been previously needed. Thus lessening used resources and lives for other conflicts. With the need for greater power came the production of a new generator this generator was basically a miniature version of the Wraith cruisers with some additions which allowed for greater amounts of energy to be moved by the organic components, with less energy radiation from these circuits resulting in greater efficiency. This was achieved through the change in biotechnology referred to earlier.
                      Further since the Wraith fighters do not use a visible window but rather a holographic display, this prototype also uses such technology. Resulting in the crew compartment being held inside the centre of the ship with out any physical windows, allowing for greater protection and reinforcement to be added and the ability for greater longevity of the craft (can take a lot of damage) without risking the crews ability to function. This design element also meant there was no front end to the ship, which resulted in the ability, to design a ship that could operate in multiple directions with a simple switch of engine alignment. Hence the Wraith scientist and his team developed a Wraith Engine that allowed for the switch of the gravimetric drive system to a reverse direction and simply by changing the holographic interface at the same time to keep up with the changes. This gave an unprecedented manoeuvrability to a Wraith ship of this size, which are usually slow and cumbersome, except for the fighters. For example the ship may be travelling towards a target but with a reversal of the engines it can reverse direction without having to make a turn or flip. Inertial dampeners and a high acceleration mean that this is a very good advantage to have.
                      One last advantage is its comparably dedicated sensor net compared to all Wraith ships devised in this time period. It is specifically designed to pick up a cloaked vessels affect on the surrounding space at further distances when outside of hyperspace. Assuming that they were able to do this in the first place. It is also designed to be better at picking up Lantian signatures while in hyperspace than previous ships.
                      While initially giving the go ahead to create this design after having seen the results of a fully functioning prototype the Wraith queen did not want to proceed with any further development. Citing that the ship did not fulfil the purpose of a wraith ship, which was to harvest and store food for the wraith. Also the tactical advantages were not seen since the Lantians did not seem to be fully aware of the potential of their technology since their tactics were in need of an overhaul. The Wraith were keenly aware of the fact that they need to stop every now when in hyperspace and that left them open to surprise attack but the Lantians never seemed to use this disadvantage to their benefit. Further the Wraith numbers were so superior that they were overpowering that Lantians and the Wraith were bred to give their lives in defence of their hives. Also due to the inherent genetic difference of the biotechnology having slight metallic properties whilst more resilient to damage and just as capable of healing as the older organic technology, it was in the Alpha version inherently unpredictable as to how it would react to different special anomalies. It was theorised that due to its inherent biological nature that exposed to different environmental circumstances it would develop an immunity to what it was exposed to provided that A: the effect does not damage the genetic structure significantly enough to inhibit adaptation. B: that exposure was long enough for adaptation. It was theorised that the technology may mutate and further that theoretically by creating a vaccine for the biotechnology as a way of decreasing the risk of effects from the space environment as mentioned earlier. This phase would have been referred to, as the Beta phase however was never tested. As such a need for this type of ship was not required resulting in the termination of the program and the consequent order for the destruction of the ship, as the queen saw it as an abomination.
                      In an act of unusual disobedience the scientist decided to extricate the ship from the hive. Whilst attempting to leave, the Queens Hive ship opened fire and sent fighters after the fleeing ship. Since the scientists loyalty to the Queen although tested did not warrant him to return fire on his hive and his queen, he allowed the ship to take a great deal of damage before being able to activate the hyperdrive (which was disabled whilst going through the development stage on board the Hive as a safe guard to any catastrophic problem that could cause damage to the Hive), since he was alone on the ship at the time. In the process of activating the hyperdrive and getting back to the bridge he was mortally wounded through a secondary explosion in a conduit and died whilst the ship was in hyperspace. This left the ship in truth to stay in hyperspace on its course until the fail safe kicked in to prevent it from exceeding its max radiation dose where the new biotechnology might become affected (It was never fully tested). This caused the ship to exit and drift through space for the next 10,000 years. Fortunately the ships organic repair system kicked in and started to repair the organic and semi organic technology over the years in the emptiness of space. The wraith considers the ship destroyed and all designs, which have not been found and are presumed, destroyed along with the ship. The status of the 10,000 year old ship is unknown and if discovered who knows what it will look like after years of exposure to space and theoretical mutation and evolution.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeus View Post
                        This is my first attempt there is a model i made just need to work out how to put it on the sketchup thing or post pics on this board. Hope its not fanwank I dont think it is the ship is designed to intercept a Lantian warship and not win but weaken it. Enjoy or not lol

Ship Specification

Type: Prototype Heavily armed attack vessel

Name: Never given a specific name for this type of vessel. Was referred to during development as the Lantian, in this sense ‘abomination’.

Technology base: Wraith semi - organic technology

Operators: Wraith commanders, Wraith Engineers, Wraith Scientists

Naval Classification: Medium Attack cruiser

Hull: Wraith prototype bio-metallic wraith skin.

Dimensions: Needs updating

Crew:
                        · Maximum Personnel: 17 Wraith – Captain,
                        Weapons Officer x 3
                        Communications Officer
                        Engineers x 10
                        Scientists x 2
                        · Ideal Compliment: 10 – Captain
                        Weapons officer x 3
                        Communication Officer
                        Engineers x 5

Craft: NA

Vehicles: NA

Power plant: Wraith experimental power generator (modification of cruiser base generator)

Engines: Experimental Wraith Engines – Theoretically allows for no definite front or rear end to the ship.

Armament/Weapons:
                        11 Low yield Plasma Cannon – Blanket fire to intercept drones.
                        6 Standard Wraith Plasma Cannons + 1 back up on underside of ship.
                        2 Medium powered Plasma Cannons, Mounted on rotating turret.
                        1 High yield plasma cannon – slow rate of fire, mounted on rotating turret.
                        All weapons mounted on rotating turrets, allows for tracking of enemies.

Defences Wraith Bio armour, augmented with wraith alloy on a genetic level = prototype.

Other Technology: Modified Wraith culling beam to just standard transport beam.
                        Comparably advanced Experimental sensor net compared to previous Wraith ships– designed to pick up cloaked ships by identifying minute gravitational fluctuations from Lantian ships inertial and gravitational engines. Allows for faster tracking of enemy vessels than previous ships.

Technical and Historical Notes: During the first war with the Lantians it was clear to the wraith that technologically they were severely out classed. Due to this disadvantage a Wraith scientist decided 78 years into the war to develop a ship that tried to resolve some of the limitations in Wraith technology. One major disadvantage was the organic technology used for the ships in the Wraith fleet. Resulting in the constant need for pits stops due to radiation in hyperspace travel. This resulted in the designer of the ship to step away from the process of the less controlled growing of ships and used a form of genetic manipulation to incorporate the resilience and self-repair capability of organic technology with the resistance to radiation of a metallic alloy. This resulted in a more controlled process of building which made the aesthetics of the ship far more organised than that of previous craft. This led to biotechnology that could repair itself and allowed hyperspace travel for a period of 3 times longer. He was unable to eliminate this problem completely as shields like those used on Lantian ships would be need and he saw no point in using power for something that tactically gave no crucial advantage. Thus a failsafe was integrated into the system to prevent damage to the organic technology. This meant that the majority of the galaxy could be crossed in one hyperspace jump with the new biotechnology.
                        The designer also saw that the wraith technology was based more upon feeding than on war thus he designed a ship that had no stasis pods for food or culling beams that stored the prey’s pattern in a buffer. He considered the wraiths natural longevity and the plentiful supply of humans as a determining factor in getting rid of the stasis pods. Thus freeing up power for other systems, mainly the new weapons systems, new low yield fast rate interceptors are an example, which are designed to in effect become suppression fire to defend against incoming drones, as the ship does not have fighters and the drones seem to be able to navigate to the main target making kamikaze runs all but pointless. Further to this, standard plasma cannons seen on wraith cruisers are installed. In addition there are two new sizes of weapon to try and increase the effective firepower against Lantian warships. These are the Medium and High yield plasma weapons, which are more potent and scaled up versions with tighter confinement fields that make each burst far more compact and penetrable. The main slow rate cannon is designed to cut through the hull rather than explode on impact. Hopefully causing secondary explosions like those caused with drones. It should be noted though the wraiths do not have the phase shifting technology of the Lantians. At the time the Lantians inevitably won one on one confrontation’s.
                        Due to the ships role to engage before the rest of the fleet, the ship was needed to have fire power that could engage a Lantian warship with a reasonable chance of at least depleting the Lantian ship of drones and some power in the shield, enabling smaller task forces to be sent to deal with the said ship than had been previously needed. Thus lessening used resources and lives for other conflicts. With the need for greater power came the production of a new generator this generator was basically a miniature version of the Wraith cruisers with some additions which allowed for greater amounts of energy to be moved by the organic components, with less energy radiation from these circuits resulting in greater efficiency. This was achieved through the change in biotechnology referred to earlier.
                        Further since the Wraith fighters do not use a visible window but rather a holographic display, this prototype also uses such technology. Resulting in the crew compartment being held inside the centre of the ship with out any physical windows, allowing for greater protection and reinforcement to be added and the ability for greater longevity of the craft (can take a lot of damage) without risking the crews ability to function. This design element also meant there was no front end to the ship, which resulted in the ability, to design a ship that could operate in multiple directions with a simple switch of engine alignment. Hence the Wraith scientist and his team developed a Wraith Engine that allowed for the switch of the gravimetric drive system to a reverse direction and simply by changing the holographic interface at the same time to keep up with the changes. This gave an unprecedented manoeuvrability to a Wraith ship of this size, which are usually slow and cumbersome, except for the fighters. For example the ship may be travelling towards a target but with a reversal of the engines it can reverse direction without having to make a turn or flip. Inertial dampeners and a high acceleration mean that this is a very good advantage to have.
                        One last advantage is its comparably dedicated sensor net compared to all Wraith ships devised in this time period. It is specifically designed to pick up a cloaked vessels affect on the surrounding space at further distances when outside of hyperspace. Assuming that they were able to do this in the first place. It is also designed to be better at picking up Lantian signatures while in hyperspace than previous ships.
                        While initially giving the go ahead to create this design after having seen the results of a fully functioning prototype the Wraith queen did not want to proceed with any further development. Citing that the ship did not fulfil the purpose of a wraith ship, which was to harvest and store food for the wraith. Also the tactical advantages were not seen since the Lantians did not seem to be fully aware of the potential of their technology since their tactics were in need of an overhaul. The Wraith were keenly aware of the fact that they need to stop every now when in hyperspace and that left them open to surprise attack but the Lantians never seemed to use this disadvantage to their benefit. Further the Wraith numbers were so superior that they were overpowering that Lantians and the Wraith were bred to give their lives in defence of their hives. Also due to the inherent genetic difference of the biotechnology having slight metallic properties whilst more resilient to damage and just as capable of healing as the older organic technology, it was in the Alpha version inherently unpredictable as to how it would react to different special anomalies. It was theorised that due to its inherent biological nature that exposed to different environmental circumstances it would develop an immunity to what it was exposed to provided that A: the effect does not damage the genetic structure significantly enough to inhibit adaptation. B: that exposure was long enough for adaptation. It was theorised that the technology may mutate and further that theoretically by creating a vaccine for the biotechnology as a way of decreasing the risk of effects from the space environment as mentioned earlier. This phase would have been referred to, as the Beta phase however was never tested. As such a need for this type of ship was not required resulting in the termination of the program and the consequent order for the destruction of the ship, as the queen saw it as an abomination.
                        In an act of unusual disobedience the scientist decided to extricate the ship from the hive. Whilst attempting to leave, the Queens Hive ship opened fire and sent fighters after the fleeing ship. Since the scientists loyalty to the Queen although tested did not warrant him to return fire on his hive and his queen, he allowed the ship to take a great deal of damage before being able to activate the hyperdrive (which was disabled whilst going through the development stage on board the Hive as a safe guard to any catastrophic problem that could cause damage to the Hive), since he was alone on the ship at the time. In the process of activating the hyperdrive and getting back to the bridge he was mortally wounded through a secondary explosion in a conduit and died whilst the ship was in hyperspace. This left the ship in truth to stay in hyperspace on its course until the fail safe kicked in to prevent it from exceeding its max radiation dose where the new biotechnology might become affected (It was never fully tested). This caused the ship to exit and drift through space for the next 10,000 years. Fortunately the ships organic repair system kicked in and started to repair the organic and semi organic technology over the years in the emptiness of space. The wraith considers the ship destroyed and all designs, which have not been found and are presumed, destroyed along with the ship. The status of the 10,000 year old ship is unknown and if discovered who knows what it will look like after years of exposure to space and theoretical mutation and evolution.

That one heal of a design, very detailed. I like the whole plot, and would love to know who the ship, the Atlantis expedition or a hive vessel, this would actually be a good idea for a episode in the series. I would love to see if a wraith vessel could evolve and adapt to it environment. A lot of very interesting ideas in this design, one of the best I have seen here. Now I would love to see a model of this ship.

Comment

Thanks Knowels for the compliment im hoping to get the model up tonight if i can figure out how to get the pic up. Its not exactly how i imagined it would look but my modeling is not all that great. Some of the stuff iv seeen on hear is fantastic.

Comment

well done Zeus that's an AWESOME design, i like the detailed back story well done.

just ask if you need help putting up a picture
                            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Zuez that ship is really incredible, its awesome, finally an origional wriath design; there have been a few like the upgraded hives and cruisers, the preditors and superhives up in the fleet but the abomination really is fantastic...
                              They really should do an episode on this or any of the historic ships weve designed..the millenial pride, the abomination and the artemis are all really cool historic ships and i bet theirs loads more they could do ep about.
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

Zuez that ship is really incredible, its awesome, finally an origional wriath design; there have been a few like the upgraded hives and cruisers, the preditors and superhives up in the fleet but the abomination really is fantastic...
                                They really should do an episode on this or any of the historic ships weve designed..the millenial pride, the abomination and the artemis are all really cool historic ships and i bet theirs loads more they could do ep about.
                                i agree, you've made something truely original my ships were just more of the same but on a different scale yours is something different...

does anyone have any idea's for what i should do for my 1000th post?
                                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Working...
                                X