• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh

Comment

i agree it is impossible, at least in scetchup, its just too fiddly
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

well its good for other races ships at least esayer

Comment

Oh yeah, asgard and tauri and ancient and even goauld are easy, but the organics for wriath ships are very tough, a dart could be done i think, but not a give, which sucks..
          Does anyone know if you can import a hive from another program in to sketch up or sketup models in to another program ( for example one with a hive/ video recording)

PS anyone with the facilitys/abilitys to model or program well could you please PM me about getting involved with mking a CGI battle for the Virtual fleet.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
            Oh yeah, asgard and tauri and ancient and even goauld are easy, but the organics for wriath ships are very tough, a dart could be done i think, but not a give, which sucks..
            Does anyone know if you can import a hive from another program in to sketch up or sketup models in to another program ( for example one with a hive/ video recording)

PS anyone with the facilitys/abilitys to model or program well could you please PM me about getting involved with mking a CGI battle for the Virtual fleet.
            You can import a hive if you have the right type of file..just go to file > import. As for the hive, it's not impossible. I've seen some really good modellers on 3d warehouse doing stuff similar. It just requires more than basic knowledge of how to use the program. If anyone has the patience to do tutorials and stuff, like with the follow me tool, they could probably learn. I could probably make a dart also. I'm learning Mechanical desktop in school, and if I get good at that I might be able to use models made in that program.

Comment

Found this cool thing for making reflective surfaces.

http://suwiki.org/suwiki/index.php?t..._-_Simple_Room

You need this plugin
              http://suwiki.org/suwiki/index.php?title=RPS_Ray_Trace

Thought this was cool. I guess it doesn't really have anything to do with starship, but oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                Sure, now you want to do one for the virtural fleet! You need to contact Battera, Cooky and O'Neil.

Best Stargate quote:
                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                Green is your friend.

Comment

I never said i DIDNT want to do this...I just said that while they were doing it, we could be doing other things.
                  sigpic
                  11000! green me

Comment

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...ddf9205743ed6d

Well the front of this one looks very dartish.

This one is open to anyone who wants to do the specs for it, including name, registeration number and history.

Comment

Spoiler:

I was thinking about maybe making a stargate comic..so I made a random scene to be a sort of test shot, I guess. Okay, so the lighting is messed up, and the Thor doesn't have an engine glow, but...how's it look?

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD
                        Spoiler:

I was thinking about maybe making a stargate comic..so I made a random scene to be a sort of test shot, I guess. Okay, so the lighting is messed up, and the Thor doesn't have an engine glow, but...how's it look?
                        Nice work. How did you do the engine effect on the fighters?

Comment

Photoshop. Just a blurred orange shape with an orange outer glow.

Comment

ZakeD your a genius
                            I love that idea, well done, realyl well done! and i think you might have just shown how we can animate battles/ships.

Would you be willing to do other scenes?
                            sigpic
                            11000! green me

Comment

Heres the model of the Gallows class pirate hunter. It's my first model, hope you like it.
                              http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...3eb1fb7be5d09a

Spoiler:
                              Name: Gallows class pirate hunter
                              Dimension: 100 mL 30mW 30mH
                              Crew: 50
                              Power: 2 Baron mk II nuclear fission reactors + 4 extendable solar arrays.
                              Hull: Titanium overlaid with 6 inch thick depleted uranium armor, in turn overlaid with ceramic ablative armor.
                              Engine: Advanced VASIMR propulsive system able to reach 1% light speed, as well as chemical maneuvering thrusters.
                              Defenses: Magnetically impelled buckler units. The ship projects a powerful magnetic field around itself, which holds the buckler units in place. The buckler unit consists of a sphere about the size of a softball, which contains an explosive charge as well as shrapnel. When enemy fire passes close to the unit it explodes hopefully destroying the enemy weapon or changing its course. The bucklers are in a constant state of motion, much like electrons around an atomic nucleus, so they must be tracked by the ships computer so that they are not destroyed by friendly fire.
                              Weapons: 4 point defense rotary guns (similar to CIWS), 2 flak cannons, 1 spinally mounted large calibre anti-capital ship coilgun, 4 Ballista fission warhead anti-ship missiles, 20 Bolt anti-fighter missiles, 2 long range anti-fighter railgun.
                              History: The Gallows class is operated by the Kvarnum Feudality. The Feudality consists of the three habital planets in the inner Kvarn system as well as their moons. Kvarnum themselves are quadrilaterally symmetrical, except for their head, which has bilateral symmetry, but can be rotated freely between the Kvarnums sections. Kvarnum spacecraft reflect this symmetry as best they can. Recent expansion of the Feudalitys interests to the outer reaches of the system has given rise to a new scourge, pirates. In order to protect its mining interests and freighters, as well as new colonists the Feudality has begun to produce a new class of ship to hunt down and eliminate the pirate menace. The Gallows is the most advanced warship ever produced by the Kvarnum, utilizing state of the art engineering and weaponry. No pirate escapes the Gallows.
                              Last edited by jds1982; 09 October 2006, 11:08 PM.
                              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

I missed this thread!
                                PS i loved that old thread, thanks for digging it up, its got a link in my guide too for anyone who wants it.
                                sigpic
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X