Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guerrila warfare is like hit and run tactics you would hit the enemy as hard as you can then run b4 they know wat happened
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

WEIR: Rodney, if the hive opens up on us, I want Orion's drones.

SHEPPARD: Which means we're gonna need the hyperdrive to get in position.

McKAY: Which means we'll need shields, which means you want everything!

SHEPPARD: I like everything! Can we do it or not?

McKAY (sarcastically): Well, don't get up! (He clicks his fingers at one of the crew.) Shields!

Comment

this is my redesigned Cerberus class...

Spoiler:
      Class name: Cerberus class
      Type: Deep space battle carrier/ Battleship
      Technology Base: Earth/Asgard

Hull: Titanium/trinium/naquadah Alloy

Dimensions:
      -Length: 633m
      -Width: 350m(main body)
      -Height: 90m(main body)

Crew: 250-750

Powerplant:

2x mark II Naquadriah generators
      3x mark II naquadah generators (for emergency)
      5x mark I naquadah generators for back up power

Engines:
      -twin asgard hyper drives
      -10medium tauri designed ion drives
      -Anti-gravity wave generators

Support craft:
      hanger 1 - 2 Hades class, 4 F302s
      hanger 2 - 2 hades class, 4 F302s
      (the hades is page 50 i think)

Weapons:
      - 32 rail guns placed for full defensive fire coverage
      - 19 heavy 500mm coil guns
      - 2 vertical launch missile tubes with 10-12 mark IIIs or mark VIIIs each (can adapted for mark IX's)
      -2 forward heavy coil cans 2000mm
      - 55 surface to air missiles for ground support

Defenses:
      - 6m thick naquadah/trinium armour plating
      - Asgard designed shields
      - Heavy internal bulk head blast doors to lessen the impact of direct weapon hits

Other tech:
      -Asgard sensor tech
      - Asgard sensors
      -ancient rings
      - New tauri life support system allows larger crews

Following the stargate program going public the citezens of earth became deeply unsettled with the increasing danger from hostile alien races. As result of this the united earth governments decided that a new battle-ship should be developed to counter the threats against humanity and with the exsistance of the stargate now known building such a ship became far easier...

the result was the Cerberus the largest and most powerful ship in the tauri fleet, using new naquadriah generaters it's shields can last twice as long as a deadalus class and it carries a much heavier arnament. The Cerberus was not just built to furfil the role of battle ship is also serves a deep space carrier able to carry hundreds of troups and supplys to other planets. This is made possible by the new life support system on the ship allowing it to carry 3 times as many men as before...

It's arnament also includes many surface to air missils of a variety of yields to offer ground support, this is especially useful during the ground campains against the Ori...

more backstory coming soon
      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf
        cool ship cooky and an intresting backstory, so this ship was used by an ally of the ancient against the wraith??
        Thanks!

And yeah, they were human societies in Pegasus that achieved space travel technology before the Wraith came to power and all but anihilated them. I first introduced them with the Millenial Pride Command Ship a few months ago. Post 360 and 424 in this thread. I'm planning on 4 more ships from the same era. Got two worked out in my head and a third about half thought-out.

Originally posted by rosstaylor
        wots gorilla warfare??
        Guerrilla, sorry. I fully admit that I can't spell to save my life.

Comment

Originally posted by cooky
          Thanks!

And yeah, they were human societies in Pegasus that achieved space travel technology before the Wraith came to power and all but anihilated them. I first introduced them with the Millenial Pride Command Ship a few months ago. Post 360 and 424 in this thread. I'm planning on 4 more ships from the same era. Got two worked out in my head and a third about half thought-out.
          cool, it's good to see ships from races that aren't official in the series because you can be more original
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

cooky's ships have always been origional and i have always loved them good work cooky.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD
              Spoiler:

I'm doing pretty good on the Columbia so far. I hope to have it done by Saturday.
              Woah! Looking good, man!

Comment

What do you model in? Maya? Max?

I use 3ds Max 8, and before that I used 6 for a while.
                Oh snap. You're reading a really old post.

Comment

Hello everyone. im new to gateworld an all, an i was wondering what yall think of this Ship based weapon i made. it started out as a Radar dish or something, and zake took the mouse and put a cylinder, and a box and another cylinder, and it was a gun, so i went home and redesigned it.

bwuhahah

Spoiler:
                  Last edited by TripH; 16 September 2006, 06:16 PM.
                  All Fear the Triff

Comment

Originally posted by WTFOwned
                    What do you model in? Maya? Max?

I use 3ds Max 8, and before that I used 6 for a while.
                    Actually, I use blender. I can't afford max, or maya for that matter, though I wish I could.

Comment

Here's my completed drawing of the Icarus battlecarrier, stats are on page 60 i think or 50.
                      http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...0818d42f51a82f

Comment

Actually, I use blender. I can't afford max, or maya for that matter, though I wish I could.
                        Meh, I despise Blender's interface. I could never get used to it.
                        Oh snap. You're reading a really old post.

Comment

Blender sucks baals.
                          Last edited by TripH; 17 September 2006, 11:20 AM.
                          All Fear the Triff

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Joshua Talon
                            Woah! Looking good, man!
                            Thanks.

I just finished it. It's not as detailed as I wanted it to be, but I'm not very good at detailing. I have three versions of it, a textured one, a non-textured one, and one without guns. o_o

Here's the textured version. I don't know if I like it as much as the normal one.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD
                              Thanks.

I just finished it. It's not as detailed as I wanted it to be, but I'm not very good at detailing. I have three versions of it, a textured one, a non-textured one, and one without guns. o_o

Here's the textured version. I don't know if I like it as much as the normal one.

Spoiler:

Dude!! whered you like,, get that texture.. and how do you put it on objects?
                              All Fear the Triff

Comment

Here's the untextured one.

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X