• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The defiant and the valiant. ._.

Comment

Originally posted by Aroura-Gate
      I need two names for the seconed and third ships in the valor class
      Were did you get the name Valor? Usually, ships in the same class use the same naming conventions.

Comment

I kinda got the idea from a us armed forces moto forgot which one tho

Comment

I found it again "Honor - Valor - Fidelity"
          3d Marine Division, Okinawa, Japan

Comment

Spoiler:

Finished teh Thor.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
              Since wiki is all fan input you should also take it at that. There have been scalings from 200m up to 400m. IIRC the 303 has been scaled to over 800m in some CGI shots while 200m in others
              Perspective is used in the media to make things look small or large depending on how the viewer percieves the ship's distance.
              Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD
                Spoiler:

Finished teh Thor.
                Now you need to make a show where all your ships battle. We can call it, "Cartoon Battles: attack of the ZakeD fleet."

P.S. this post is a joke unless you like the idea.

Comment

All I have to say to that is..

o_0

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy
                    Do you know if you can get sizes on these things? You know so that you could have more than one ship in an accurate comparison shot.

Edit: Here is my attempt at making a gun for the Shinobi class gunship. Reactions?

Spoiler:
                    Dude this program is so f'in awesome. Blender for dummies! I couldn't even get blender to run on my computer (really slow) let a lone draw anything. This program is so simple!!

Oh and yes, in case you hadn't noticed, they show "dimensions" at the bottom right of the screen as you're creating something, like a rectangle for example. It's also amazing how far you can scale out. You should be able to make the ships true to scaling (eventhough stargate has been very scetchy on scaling/fx throughout each show). I've drawn my aegeus (not aegis) class galactic carrier in paint and in hand, but I haven't been able to fully realize the ship until now. Gettin to work...

P.S. gun looks great!

Comment

The Back story to the valor specs coming soon. Valor class Designed as a First strike and First response assault ship. Due to the ever increasing threat of the wraith and asuranes in the Pegasus galaxy. After the loses of the Orin and Hive ship the IOA saw it fit to contract a new ship how ever the us had acquired the blueprints to build there own with the power, speed to take on multiple hive ships and survive. The first of the IOA’s new Unity class was destroyed by the trust before it could be completed. How ever the first of US ‘new Valor class the USS Valor was field tested against a small fleet of Baal’s forces, the Valor destroyed all eight Ha’tacks with out taking any serious damage (mostly superficial). After this shake down run the Valor was sent to Atlantis to protect it while the Daedalus underwent major repairs. Unfortunately the Valor had one major draw back that the Unity did not have was that the two massive blind spots under the neck of the ship due to the mass drivers, and the rear of the ship. To compensate the air wing was increased. On its first mission in Pegasus the U.S.S. Valor went up against five hive ships, The Valor taking out two the Valor and Daedalus taking one out together and the Daedalus immobilizing the last with out the Valor to take out two of the hives would have left the Daedalus as space junk. This first engagement earned it the nick name Hive Masher. A few months into active duty of the Valor, it was recalled to Earth to be refitted with a reverse engineered “Death Ray” originally designed by Dr. Irving Thatcher from Global Dynamics Section Five, Along with a Hologram projection system designed by Henry Deacon for navigation, radar, Commander’s display, Recon, medical bays, and other tactical operations. The U.S.S. Valor and following Valor Class ships would become familiar with technology from Global Dynamics and the town of Eureka. Shortly after this refit the U.S.S. Valor took on and destroyed an Asuran war ship with its “Death Ray” proving that not only is the Valor Class Powerful but versatile. The second and third ships in the Valor Class are Honor and the Defient.

Comment

Nice backstory. I especially liked the use of Eureka in its design. Though I think the Death Ray from Eureka is more of a soft target (i.e. a mass people killer) weapon rather than a hard target weapon. I don't think it'd be very usefull in space combat.

Comment

well we did see it destroy a satilite

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=5749038
                            Just thought I'd help some people out with their modeling.
                            Oh snap. You're reading a really old post.

Comment

I know that this is kinda of topic but in what epsiode do they use the camra angle thats like connected to the bottom of a 304 i cant remember if its SG1 or SGA

Comment

can you be a little more specific? What was the 302 doing at the time?

Comment

Working...
                                X