This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...d69/aither.png

Anyway..there's a new ship I made called Aither. ._. No clue what it's designation is or how big it is..but yeah. Oh, and the rear view looks like a face. o_o

Comment

Originally posted by cooky
      I've been doing that with my ships. Though I chose different criteria.

My carrier design takes names from American State Capitals. And my cruiser design takes names from Air Force Generals.
      Interesting. Well, since most of my ships are run by the Navy, they follow different naming criteria I guess.

Comment

BS-X01 ‘Vanguard’

Type: British ship
        Technology: Tau'ri/Asgard
        Length: 418 meters
        Width: 125 meters
        Height: 52 meters
        Decks: 12
        Construction: 112cm thick Trinium/titanium composite hull
        Crew: 113
        Captain: Colonel Ridley

Power:
        Mark I Naquadria reactor
        Propulsion:
        Hyperspace window generator
        Three ion-based sub light drives (Max sub light speed 95 PSL)
        Anti-gravity wave generators
        Weapons:
        12 Rail gun placements
        Mark IX tactical warheads
        20 F-302s
        1 Tau’ri/Asgard Ion Canon
        Defences:
        Asgard shields
        Trinium plated energy-absorbent hull

Other technology: Asgard transporter/long range sensor technology

Notes
        After the Successful launch of the BS-01 prototype in late 2007, British scientists, along with help from American scientists, got to work on the BS-X01. A mission undertaken by SG-1 in 2008 to a deserted Tollan outpost provided Earth with an Ion cannon. With help from the Asgard we were able to backward engineer them and overcome the Ha’taks new found defence to create a more powerful canon. The canon first saw use with the BS-X01 ‘Vanguard’. The first ship in the line also was the first to make use of an energy absorbing hull and a Naquadria generator. The Naquadria generator was donated to Earth by Jonas Quinn in late 2008. We were also given blueprints to make our own. The Naquadria had to be mixed with less powerful Naquada in order to stabilize it, though it is still almost three times as powerful.
        The first ship was launched in 2009, along with the BC-305. Collaboration with the Russians, Chinese, Americans, Jaffa and Asgard allowed for much faster construction on new, off world sites. These ships provided an ability to stand up to the ever strengthening Ori threat, with stronger shields, allowing them to last longer, and cause some damage to their shields. Over the course of the next two and a half years, four more were launched, Including the Victory, which was present when a fleet of American, Russian, British, Asgard, Tokra and Jaffa ships saw a stunning win in a battle against two Ori mother ships. The battle was partly down to SG-1, who managed to assassinate one of the Priors controlling a ship mid battle. In 2013 Work began on the BS-X02. The first ship to be destroyed was the BS-X02 ‘Geneva’ after being attacked by the Asurans in 2011.

Images

Spoiler:

Views

BC-304 Comparison

The Vanguard as part of Earth's fleet

Trying out railguns and Ion canons

Powerfull shields

Last edited by SGFerrit; 06 August 2006, 08:41 AM.

Comment

>=100PSL sublight speed is IMPOSSIBLE. I thought I had already covered that in this thread.

Comment

[QUOTE=SGFerrit]

Not to bad, SGFerrit. I think it'd be better without the Tollan Ion Cannon, but I never like alien weapons on earth ships. Good work with the images to. Did you do all those space sceens by hand?

My latest projects:

A Gua'uld Ha'tak

And a teaser of my next origional ship. Something a little different.

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD
              http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...d69/aither.png

Anyway..there's a new ship I made called Aither. ._. No clue what it's designation is or how big it is..but yeah. Oh, and the rear view looks like a face. o_o
              Well, how about you make it a variant of a DSC-304? It could be a smaller version.

Comment

I cannot believe how long its taking me to design this ship. When I started I thought it was going to be pretty simple, add a few Anti-Aircraft missiles and some more rail guns and bam. Then I decided to add the AN/SPY-3 radar. Then I decided to add some ERA to the mix. *SIGH* The thing is evolving before my eyes.

Comment

Built by Site 4 for the SGC The Hermes Recon Class ship
                  Last edited by Aroura-Gate; 15 August 2006, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam fisher
                    I cannot believe how long its taking me to design this ship. When I started I thought it was going to be pretty simple, add a few Anti-Aircraft missiles and some more rail guns and bam. Then I decided to add the AN/SPY-3 radar. Then I decided to add some ERA to the mix. *SIGH* The thing is evolving before my eyes.
                    Hey, just means it'll be better when you're done, right?

Comment

Not to bad, SGFerrit. I think it'd be better without the Tollan Ion Cannon, but I never like alien weapons on earth ships. Good work with the images to. Did you do all those space sceens by hand?
                      Thanks, I thought the Ion canons would just be one of the best way to introduce energy based weapons to our earth ships. I did the screens by taking screen caps from sketchup and just messing with them in paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy
                        Oh ok, gotcha!

Ok since I'm feeling a little dumb and a little lazy I'm going to give out a new contract.

Design an orbital military starship construction/dock facility with the technology that is currently in use by the SGC and Area-51. I won't accept anything over three miles long wide or high unless you use an asteroid or something to build the base on. It has to be able to move from a lower orbit to a higher orbit and visa versa on it's own power, defend itself and all ships currently at rest in its docks, handle at least three Daedalus class ships at a time.

Have fun with this, after all it is sci-fi.
                        Atlas Rock

Atlas Rock is an asteroid that has been dug into and filled with hardware to create a base of operations and construction facility for Earth's expanding interstellar armada

Weapons

Atlas Rock posesses one main cannon, which is dug into the asteroid's structure and so can only be aimed by repositioning the rock itself. The main cannon is incredibly powerful, propelling a tugsten carbide-coated ferrous tungsten projectile electromagnetically at a considerable fraction of the speed of light. It is capable of tearing clean through a Ha'tak-sized vessel in a single shot. It requires a few minutes to recharge between shots.

Atlas Rock is also armed with about a hundred secondary cannons, which are smaller and can be aimed independantly. Individually, they are capable of destroying fighters and medium bombers (ie. Al'kesh) with ease. They can also be used together against starships, usually suplementing the main cannon.

The facility is also equipped with huge stores of missiles, some nuclear-tipped, and also uses external missile drones for defence, which will usually take positions around the Rock for combat, and then return for storing in peacetime.

Atlas Rock has never seen combat.

Facilities

Atlas Rock is capable of storing and constructing a large number of DSC-304s in dug out 'halls' in the rock. Currently there are three, but the asteroid can potentially accomodate hundreds. The halls are kept in zero-gravity and with no atmosphere, and are linked with the outside via reinforced tunnels. Atlas Rock can also use it's Asgard beaming technology to rapidly deploy the 304s from inside the rock.

The Rock can support a sizable quantity of engineers, scientists and military personel in a habitation structure dug into the rock.

At the moment Atlas is under construction, and many areas are unfinished, and many systems in Atlas Rock are very prone to faliure at inapropriate times.

Power Source

Atlas is powered by many small naquadah reactors, each powering a seperate section. Due to the unfinished nature of the base the power grid is a very dubiously patchwork affair, and is prone to local power outages. Aditional naquadah generators can be brought aboard in times of combat. To charge the main cannon, all the naquadah generators feed into a main capacitor bank, cumulatively reaching large energy levels.

Propulsion

The Rock is propulsed by maneuvering jets positioned strategically around the facility, which are used to change orbit and orientation, and a hyperdrive (untested, and very probably currently incomplete) for emergency FTL travel. The Rock is not very maneuverable, and cannot dodge or evade enemy fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Scientist
                          Atlas Rock

Atlas Rock is an asteroid that has been dug into and filled with hardware to create a base of operations and construction facility for Earth's expanding interstellar armada

Weapons

Atlas Rock posesses one main cannon, which is dug into the asteroid's structure and so can only be aimed by repositioning the rock itself. The main cannon is incredibly powerful, propelling a tugsten carbide-coated ferrous tungsten projectile electromagnetically at a considerable fraction of the speed of light. It is capable of tearing clean through a Ha'tak-sized vessel in a single shot. It requires a few minutes to recharge between shots.

Atlas Rock is also armed with about a hundred secondary cannons, which are smaller and can be aimed independantly. Individually, they are capable of destroying fighters and medium bombers (ie. Al'kesh) with ease. They can also be used together against starships, usually suplementing the main cannon.

The facility is also equipped with huge stores of missiles, some nuclear-tipped, and also uses external missile drones for defence, which will usually take positions around the Rock for combat, and then return for storing in peacetime.

Atlas Rock has never seen combat.

Facilities

Atlas Rock is capable of storing and constructing a large number of DSC-304s in dug out 'halls' in the rock. Currently there are three, but the asteroid can potentially accomodate hundreds. The halls are kept in zero-gravity and with no atmosphere, and are linked with the outside via reinforced tunnels. Atlas Rock can also use it's Asgard beaming technology to rapidly deploy the 304s from inside the rock.

The Rock can support a sizable quantity of engineers, scientists and military personel in a habitation structure dug into the rock.

At the moment Atlas is under construction, and many areas are unfinished, and many systems in Atlas Rock are very prone to faliure at inapropriate times.

Power Source

Atlas is powered by many small naquadah reactors, each powering a seperate section. Due to the unfinished nature of the base the power grid is a very dubiously patchwork affair, and is prone to local power outages. Aditional naquadah generators can be brought aboard in times of combat. To charge the main cannon, all the naquadah generators feed into a main capacitor bank, cumulatively reaching large energy levels.

Propulsion

The Rock is propulsed by maneuvering jets positioned strategically around the facility, which are used to change orbit and orientation, and a hyperdrive (untested, and very probably currently incomplete) for emergency FTL travel. The Rock is not very maneuverable, and cannot dodge or evade enemy fire.
                          Hm... Not bad, not bad at all!

Comment

Type:R63 Modified

Manufacturer: Oisin Industries.
                            Length: 6.75 Meters
                            Width: 4.95 Meters
                            Height: 1.1 Meters
                            Crew: 1
                            Weapons: Vulcan M61A2. 2 external Hard Points, 700lb capacity.
                            Engine: Oisin Ind. Golnar Series, type II Ion Propulsion drive.

History:

The R63 Fighter/Intercepter was the smallest known starfighter in the Milky Way Galaxy. 42 of the fighters would be deployed by the Air Force in 2006 for use as a quick strike fighter. It's small size limited the ships armaments, but it compensated by being the fastest and most maneuverable fighter in the Milky Way. Only Wraith Darts could outfly the fighter, and just barelly so. Its greatest asset was that it was small enough to fit through a stargate. The Air Force put this ability to great use against both the Ori and the Wraith.

By far its greatest moment to date came when 8 of the fighters deployed through the gate from the Pegasus Alpha Site defended the capital city of M7G-442 from a wraith culling while Daedalus engaged the hive ship in orbit. The R63 squadron would acount for 27 dart kills and 5 partial kills, while only loosing one plane.

Ironically, the R63 is the only fighter in U.S. military history that is not American. It wasn't even made on Earth. Origionally designed by one of Tech Con Group's few competitors in the Hebridan Starship Industry as an anti-smuggling and system patrol fighter, production of the R63 had been halted at only 42 units when Tech Con used its influence in the Hebridan Government to cancel the order. The Company that built it, Oisin Industries, nearly went bankrupt as a result. But it would find a use for the fighter, and in the process, aquire a new technology that would break TCG's monopoly.

After the fall of Chu'lak to the Ori Invasion, Earth sent a delegation to Hebridan in an attempt to bring them into the war. With Hebridan far from the path of the invasion and only one stargate in the entire nation, Hebridan felt that they were safe and chose to stay out of the war for the moment.

An Oisin executive, having learned of the delegation's efforts from a corporate spy inside TCG, contacted the delegates and offered to sell Earth the 42 fighters already built, as well as build more. Earth only briefly looked over the designs before deciding not to purchase the fighter, saying it wasn't heavily armed enough, and they had no means to pay for them anyway. That was untill one SG officer, and former 302 pilot noticed that the fighter's small size would allow it to fly through a stargate. This ability suddenly made the small ship highly valuable to Earth, and they agreed to purchase the 42 units already built. Payment would not come in currency however. Oisin pointed out that Hebridan could not stay neutral forever, but even when it joined the fight, it would be unable to project it's military beyond its local corner of the galaxy due to its extremelly limited hyperdrive technology.

Earth agreed to trade Oisin Industries a prototype hyperdrive, origionally built for Prometheus prior to the installation of the Asgard hyperdrive, as well as provide training in its technology, and in exchange, Oisin would provide earth with the 42 fighters, and as many spare parts as needed for up to 10 years. Oisin was quick to accept, and within a year, it would become the sole provider of Hyperdrive engines to the Hebridan starship market. Even TCG would be forced to use Oisin hyperdrives in its starships. TCG of course attempted to prevent the trade, but succeeded only in forcing Oisin to sell the fighters without weapons or sensors. Origionally built with OI's Perasch Class 4 sensor package and a twin barrel laser cannon mounted in a turret behind the cockpit, Earth would replace these with a Vulcan M61A2 cannon and two external missile harpoints on which were usually mounted AIM-120 AMRAAM missiles. The sensor package in the earth variation was a direct transplant from the 302 fighter.

A year later, Oisin Industries would sell 116 of the fighters to the Jaffa Nation, shortly after which the Hebridan Government agreed to honour its origional purchase order, especially since more in the Government were begining to realize that they couldn't sit out the war with the Ori for much longer.

Pics are hidden in the spoiler box

Spoiler:

Comment

Type:R63 Modified

Manufacturer: Oisin Industries.
                              Length: 6.75 Meters
                              Width: 4.95 Meters
                              Height: 1.1 Meters
                              Crew: 1
                              Weapons: Vulcan M61A2. 2 external Hard Points, 700lb capacity.
                              Engine: Oisin Ind. Golnar Series, type II Ion Propulsion drive.

History:

The R63 Fighter/Intercepter was the smallest known starfighter in the Milky Way Galaxy. 42 of the fighters would be deployed by the Air Force in 2006 for use as a quick strike fighter. It's small size limited the ships armaments, but it compensated by being the fastest and most maneuverable fighter in the Milky Way. Only Wraith Darts could outfly the fighter, and just barelly so. Its greatest asset was that it was small enough to fit through a stargate. The Air Force put this ability to great use against both the Ori and the Wraith.

By far its greatest moment to date came when 8 of the fighters deployed through the gate from the Pegasus Alpha Site defended the capital city of M7G-442 from a wraith culling while Daedalus engaged the hive ship in orbit. The R63 squadron would acount for 27 dart kills and 5 partial kills, while only loosing one plane.

Ironically, the R63 is the only fighter in U.S. military history that is not American. It wasn't even made on Earth. Origionally designed by one of Tech Con Group's few competitors in the Hebridan Starship Industry as an anti-smuggling and system patrol fighter, production of the R63 had been halted at only 42 units when Tech Con used its influence in the Hebridan Government to cancel the order. The Company that built it, Oisin Industries, nearly went bankrupt as a result. But it would find a use for the fighter, and in the process, aquire a new technology that would break TCG's monopoly.

After the fall of Chu'lak to the Ori Invasion, Earth sent a delegation to Hebridan in an attempt to bring them into the war. With Hebridan far from the path of the invasion and only one stargate in the entire nation, Hebridan felt that they were safe and chose to stay out of the war for the moment.

An Oisin executive, having learned of the delegation's efforts from a corporate spy inside TCG, contacted the delegates and offered to sell Earth the 42 fighters already built, as well as build more. Earth only briefly looked over the designs before deciding not to purchase the fighter, saying it wasn't heavily armed enough, and they had no means to pay for them anyway. That was untill one SG officer, and former 302 pilot noticed that the fighter's small size would allow it to fly through a stargate. This ability suddenly made the small ship highly valuable to Earth, and they agreed to purchase the 42 units already built. Payment would not come in currency however. Oisin pointed out that Hebridan could not stay neutral forever, but even when it joined the fight, it would be unable to project it's military beyond its local corner of the galaxy due to its extremelly limited hyperdrive technology.

Earth agreed to trade Oisin Industries a prototype hyperdrive, origionally built for Prometheus prior to the installation of the Asgard hyperdrive, as well as provide training in its technology, and in exchange, Oisin would provide earth with the 42 fighters, and as many spare parts as needed for up to 10 years. Oisin was quick to accept, and within a year, it would become the sole provider of Hyperdrive engines to the Hebridan starship market. Even TCG would be forced to use Oisin hyperdrives in its starships. TCG of course attempted to prevent the trade, but succeeded only in forcing Oisin to sell the fighters without weapons or sensors. Origionally built with OI's Perasch Class 4 sensor package and a twin barrel laser cannon mounted in a turret behind the cockpit, Earth would replace these with a Vulcan M61A2 cannon and two external missile harpoints on which were usually mounted AIM-120 AMRAAM missiles. The sensor package in the earth variation was a direct transplant from the 302 fighter.

A year later, Oisin Industries would sell 116 of the fighters to the Jaffa Nation, shortly after which the Hebridan Government agreed to honour its origional purchase order, especially since more in the Government were begining to realize that they couldn't sit out the war with the Ori for much longer.

Pics are hidden in the spoiler box

Spoiler:

Wow, fantastic! It is nice to see some Hebridian-based designs, and the backstory is awesome. Well done!

Comment

I agree with AJT that is a very cool fighter cooky. I'd green you twice but the system won't let me.

Comment

Working...
                                X