Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats what i was going for Andrew, a direct replacement to the DSC-304.
    Thats how i imagined a variant. Basically the same, but on the BC-305/DSC-304C. More triangular front, plus the hangars are smaller width wise and longer length wise, making a more compact version. I personally think the next SG ship class will look pretty similiar to the daeddy. Maybe a DSC-304C since the Daeddy and odessey have both had refits twice in my scenario.
    Thats why I called it the Icarus, because of the relation of Daedulus and Icarus in greek mythology. .

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet
      Thats what i was going for Andrew, a direct replacement to the DSC-304.
      Thats how i imagined a variant. Basically the same, but on the BC-305/DSC-304C. More triangular front, plus the hangars are smaller width wise and longer length wise, making a more compact version. I personally think the next SG ship class will look pretty similiar to the daeddy. Maybe a DSC-304C since the Daeddy and odessey have both had refits twice in my scenario.
      Thats why I called it the Icarus, because of the relation of Daedulus and Icarus in greek mythology. .
      I'm sure that you know that Icarus flew to close to the sun and died crashing into the ocean right?

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy
        I'm sure that you know that Icarus flew to close to the sun and died crashing into the ocean right?
        Prometheus got chained to a rock where an eagle ate his liver every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Joshua Talon
          Prometheus got chained to a rock where an eagle ate his liver every day.
          Looks like Jack was right in not wanting to name it Prometheus.

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy
            But lets face it, the idea was flawed from the start. wings made with wax. Surprised he didn't crash out earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet
              But lets face it, the idea was flawed from the start. wings made with wax. Surprised he didn't crash out earlier.
              Ah but his father didn't crash and he had the same kind of wings.

Comment

Ahem... This is dangerous close to fanwank simply because of it's size. Still, it's something we might build... FAR down the road. Of course, bigger is not always better, so otherwise? Not bad, not bad at all.
                The Daedalus is 400m the cruiser I did before would have been around 800 seems only natural for a full on BB like this to be in this weight class though in hindsight 1200 would probably have been better. I didn't however use any of the wankier techs like teleporters, asguard energy beams or asguard sensors or anything like that. This thing is actually of a lower overall technology base than the present 304 class, it's just a lot bigger. I even debated not bothing to give it shields. It would be challenging to construct no doubt but that's why I specified it's production run would be limited. What I'd envision would be less than a half dozen of these things actually in service as a total run. They'd take years to build and would probably require that I outsource most of the work to the free Jaffa nation shipyards (we should already be doing this) in exchange for allowing them access to the design for their own use (which would tighten relations between our peoples). They'd be centerpoints to large fleets of smaller ships, command posts for fleet operations and used to intimidate groups like the Lucian alliance simply by being moved into the area.

Let's try something a little less grand in scope for now however, and something needed.

Tau'ri destroyer

Length 150m
                Width 55m
                Beam 40m

Weponry

1x axial railgun
                2x 200mm dorsal railgun (nukes)
                6x SAM battery (302 missiles)
                4x Daedalus pattern PD gun

Notes: Emphasis will be placed on achieving a higher than average sublight acceleration rate/engine bias.

Intended to take on targets many times it's own size the destroyer mounts a single large bore axial railgun down it's primary horizontal axis which can fire solid shells, submunition rounds or high yeild nuclear warheads. The Destroyer is intended to be used in groups against larger targets like Wraith hiveships or Ori motherships, where the long range and substantial punch of the squadren's axial guns will allow them to pummel the enemy ship with heavy fire while continually retreating to a safe distance.

This is intended to be a cheap, no frills capship killer than we can crank out a lot faster than the comparitively complex 304.

No fancy asguard tech, no shields, no fighters, no nonsense. It's not a stick in brawler or ship of the line. It's intended to engage a large ship, stand off at extreme range, fire it's axial gun and use it's massive engine bias to retreat from the enemy ships weapon range where it will then fire again, and again and again until the enemy vessel is crippled, destroyed or disengages.

Ideally they'll be used in squadrens of 1-5 which will enable them to encircle an larger enemy ship and pelt it with super heavy rail-driven nukes while the hostile futily attempts to close the range with one of them, which will simply flee at max thrust and let the others keep pounding.

A group of these would eat a hiveship alive in a matter of moments and should do fairly well against an Ori ship as well. The key is standing off at long range where the much faster moving railgun driven nuke will still hit it's larger target but the assorted glowy crap of our enemies is all but guaranteed to miss the tiny darting destroyers.

Comment

Wraith superhive - Tauri classification 'dreadnaught'

Specs:

Dimensions:
                  Length 10.4km
                  Width: 4.5km
                  Height: 1.1km

Material:
                  Wraith unorganic and organic superstructure with wraith bio armour etc... melded on

Power:
                  5 wraith hive generators

Engines:
                  wraith improved hyperdrive(slightly faster)
                  6 massive wraith sublight engines
                  100's of manueving thrusters

Defensive weaponry:
                  -Non

Offensive weaponry:
                  52x hiveship canons(placed for full fire coverage) can pump as much firepower as 4 hives from the forward array.

Defence:
                  1x heavy 2nd generation wraith shield generator
                  200m thick wraith bio armour multi layered and ablative to defend against drones and nukes.

Fighters:
                  6000x darts

Other:
                  Standard wraith equipment

After fight the tauri for nearly 2 decades the wraith decided to invest in a single super ship one that would be able to bring down the allied walls of the asgard and the tauri. Until now the wraith had always had the advantage but with the coming of the asgard the wraith once again found themselves facing a foe as advanced maybe even more advanced then they...so the wraith built this the most powerful ship they had ever built with enough firepower to bring the tauri and asgard to their knees...

this is not fanwank if the goa'uld could build a supership so could the wraith...
                  Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros
                    Tau'ri destroyer

Length 150m
                    Width 55m
                    Beam 40m
                    "150m" falls under about Frigate, Crusier, or Heavy Gunboat ("Heavy" for its Anti-Capital Ship Weapons). Destroyer would be 225m or more. 450m or more (the actual length of the Daedalus) would be Battleship, Battlecrusier, or Carrier.

The Axial Rail Guns, and the nature towards combat from a large distance, OTOH, would suggest "Siege Ship" more, IMO.

My point: it's not a Destroyer.
                    This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros
                      The Daedalus is 400m the cruiser I did before would have been around 800 seems only natural for a full on BB like this to be in this weight class though in hindsight 1200 would probably have been better. I didn't however use any of the wankier techs like teleporters, asguard energy beams or asguard sensors or anything like that. This thing is actually of a lower overall technology base than the present 304 class, it's just a lot bigger. I even debated not bothing to give it shields. It would be challenging to construct no doubt but that's why I specified it's production run would be limited. What I'd envision would be less than a half dozen of these things actually in service as a total run. They'd take years to build and would probably require that I outsource most of the work to the free Jaffa nation shipyards (we should already be doing this) in exchange for allowing them access to the design for their own use (which would tighten relations between our peoples). They'd be centerpoints to large fleets of smaller ships, command posts for fleet operations and used to intimidate groups like the Lucian alliance simply by being moved into the area.

Let's try something a little less grand in scope for now however, and something needed.

Tau'ri destroyer

Length 150m
                      Width 55m
                      Beam 40m

Weponry

1x axial railgun
                      2x 200mm dorsal railgun (nukes)
                      6x SAM battery (302 missiles)
                      4x Daedalus pattern PD gun

Notes: Emphasis will be placed on achieving a higher than average sublight acceleration rate/engine bias.

Intended to take on targets many times it's own size the destroyer mounts a single large bore axial railgun down it's primary horizontal axis which can fire solid shells, submunition rounds or high yeild nuclear warheads. The Destroyer is intended to be used in groups against larger targets like Wraith hiveships or Ori motherships, where the long range and substantial punch of the squadren's axial guns will allow them to pummel the enemy ship with heavy fire while continually retreating to a safe distance.

This is intended to be a cheap, no frills capship killer than we can crank out a lot faster than the comparitively complex 304.

No fancy asguard tech, no shields, no fighters, no nonsense. It's not a stick in brawler or ship of the line. It's intended to engage a large ship, stand off at extreme range, fire it's axial gun and use it's massive engine bias to retreat from the enemy ships weapon range where it will then fire again, and again and again until the enemy vessel is crippled, destroyed or disengages.

Ideally they'll be used in squadrens of 1-5 which will enable them to encircle an larger enemy ship and pelt it with super heavy rail-driven nukes while the hostile futily attempts to close the range with one of them, which will simply flee at max thrust and let the others keep pounding.

A group of these would eat a hiveship alive in a matter of moments and should do fairly well against an Ori ship as well. The key is standing off at long range where the much faster moving railgun driven nuke will still hit it's larger target but the assorted glowy crap of our enemies is all but guaranteed to miss the tiny darting destroyers.
                      Daedalus-class ships are difficult enough to build. And they are 450 meters long, actually.

Look man: Our current aircraft carriers edge into the 333 meters range, and still perform effectively. We need to think about realistic restrictions on resources and logistics when we design our ships, otherwise it's just fanwanking-Has no true meaning.

Now, I have a proposal, you don't have to take it, but at least hear me out.

Why don't you try designing a dedicated space carrier, using the materials required to build a DSC-304? It can be as simple as making the flight pods bigger, to putting four flight pods together into a single, double-hull with a flattop holding it together, to anything involving using the technology and materials involved in building a Daedalus. What do you say?

And to be honest, I think my Abydos-class destroyer or Daryl Froggy's Unity-class destroyer fit the bill. But, I'd like to try and design a ship along the lines you have specified.

Comment

Daedalus-class ships are difficult enough to build. And they are 450 meters long, actually.

Look man: Our current aircraft carriers edge into the 333 meters range, and still perform effectively. We need to think about realistic restrictions on resources and logistics when we design our ships, otherwise it's just fanwanking-Has no true meaning.

Now, I have a proposal, you don't have to take it, but at least hear me out.

Why don't you try designing a dedicated space carrier, using the materials required to build a DSC-304? It can be as simple as making the flight pods bigger, to putting four flight pods together into a single, double-hull with a flattop holding it together, to anything involving using the technology and materials involved in building a Daedalus. What do you say?

And to be honest, I think my Abydos-class destroyer or Daryl Froggy's Unity-class destroyer fit the bill. But, I'd like to try and design a ship along the lines you have specified.
                        I didn't make the Unity class destroyer,that was milliniumlance.

Comment

Well, I would say the Daedalus is 335m, but the sites I get that from could be wrong. As for carriers, I made one. The windows are totally huge and kill the scale of the ship, the comms tower creeps me out, and the guns suck, and I don't really like it, but for some reason I like posting my ships. xD So here. http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...rrier2long.png

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD
                            Well, I would say the Daedalus is 335m, but the sites I get that from could be wrong. As for carriers, I made one. The windows are totally huge and kill the scale of the ship, the comms tower creeps me out, and the guns suck, and I don't really like it, but for some reason I like posting my ships. xD So here. http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...rrier2long.png
                            Actually, this is pretty good. What's her name? Do you have any specs on her?

Comment

The name of it is USAFV Columbia. Named it after the space shuttle. As for length I was thinking either 400 or 500 meters. But other than that..don't really have any specs.

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD
                                The name of it is USAFV Columbia. Named it after the space shuttle. As for length I was thinking either 400 or 500 meters. But other than that..don't really have any specs.
                                May I make up her specs and backstory?

Comment

Working...
                                X