Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bays are identicall, its whats above them that is different. And I am working on a carrier, it was research for that carrier the inspired this design.

I've been studying military history, tactics and technology most of my life. Its a hobby of sorts. So when I build a new ship, I strive for as much real world accuracy as possible. I'm bassing my capital ship concepts on the nautical equivilant for whatever class ship I'm designing.

For instance, the main body of the 308 design is sized to match a modern navy destroyer. Also the space RAM launchers on the 308 and AVS are my name for a space varient of the real world RAM missle launcher, an anti-air defense system on many navy ships.

The 307 was designed to reflect current american thinking in fighter design, which is to build only multi-role fighter craft rather than dedicated interceptors, bombers or other designs.

The 302 design seen in Stargate doesn't fit this real-world thinking. It is a superior starfighter to either the dart or death glider, but suffers aerodynamically and would probly make a horrible ground assault platform. Without innertial dampners that reduce the plane's mass, it wouldn't be capable of flight in atmosphere. It also carries a very small missile payload when compared to America's air fighter fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by cooky
      I've been studying military history, tactics and technology most of my life. Its a hobby of sorts. So when I build a new ship, I strive for as much real world accuracy as possible. I'm bassing my capital ship concepts on the nautical equivilant for whatever class ship I'm designing.
      Thats why all of your ships kick butt!

Whats above the bay that is different?

Did you vote for a destroyer in the Gateworld Virtual Fleet thread yet?

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

Yes it does explain it alot, im glad you joined this forum cooky, theres lots ive read and seen that impress me.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
          Whats above the bay that is different?
          Answered that in the back story:

A 230 meter long launch/recovery platform was placed above the port assault bay. A single catapult and standard recovery systems allow for deployment of any carrier aircraft in America's arsenal. Addition living space was added above the Starboard Assault bay to provide the support room needed for a full batallion of troops.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn
            CS-326: Hypernova
            Hyperdrive: ancient, asgard tansgalactic mix
            Hyperdrive max speed: 46 light years per minute
            Max sublight speed:99.5% the speed of light
            Weapons: drones, railguns: 42, felger's plasma cannon: 10, Mk10 naquadria enriched naquadah enchanced nuclear warheads and missiles.
            Defensive tech: Ancient shields, point defense railguns: 24, titanium, trinium, carbon, naquadah hull
            misc tech: long range sensors: 50 light year range, ancient reactor system, anti-gravity wave generators, inertial dampeners, ring transporters, asgard beaming tech. ZPM modulation system
            length:760m
            width: 476m
            height:325m
            current status: operational
            max crew: 564
            # of decks: 48
            max #of F-302s: 132
            I thought the 326 would give it away that it a ship of the future. Why do you think it's designated as 326?
            Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Well, it doesn't depend on time, just on whatever units need a designation.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn
                I thought the 326 would give it away that it a ship of the future. Why do you think it's designated as 326?

some of the things on the ship could exsit but maybe a little or not at all Anicent tech. Weapons e.g. the Naqudria etc.

Comment

While researching specs for my carrier, I got an idea for a ship class that hasn't been touched upon yet. Ironically, I already had most of it moddled, so I took a detour from the carrier and made this. It's just the basic mesh with no details yet. Hope you like.

Planetary Assault Cruiser AVS-304
                  Daedalus Class Varient

Dimensions: Same as stantard 304 class.
                  Weapons: 4 Main Rail Guns, 6 Auxiliary Small Cal. Rail Guns. 4 Space RAM launchers.
                  Transport capacity.
                  Ground: Batalion strength combat equipment/vehicles, up to 1000 personel.
                  Air/space: variable fixed wing or rotary wing aircraft based on mission objectives.

Despite 8 years of gate travel, most of it spent in combat against one threat or another, Earth had yet to fight a full scale war on a galactic scale. Then came the Ori invasion. Following the defeat at P3Y-229 (the supergate) the Ori forces began a planet-hopping campaign of conquest. While helping these planets fend off the Ori invaders, Earth learned a valuable lesson, no matter how powerfull your spaceship is, only ground forces can conquer a planet.

Following this realization, Earth began to covertly mobilize its conventional ground forces for war with the Ori. And while planning for possible combat scenarios, America's military leadership realized they may need a means of deploying ground forces to another world. To meet this need, designs for a modified version of the Daedalus class cruiser capable of transporting and deploying up to a batallion strength ground force and a limited amount of ground attack aircraft. As the designs were drawn up, the obvious choice for the inspiration was the Navy's amphibious assault ship designed to deploy Marine Air-Ground Task Forces (MAGTF).

The smaller, auxilliary hangerbays were removed and the larger bays expanded to meet the main fuselage. They were also modified to carry and deploy up to a batallions strength armored infantry division. The missile silos were removed and converted into living space, while the enginering section in the rear of the main fuselage was moved forward, making room for a side opening hanger bay. A 230 meter long launch/recovery platform was placed above the port assault bay. A single catapult and standard recovery systems allow for deployment of any carrier aircraft in America's arsenal. Addition living space was added above the Starboard Assault bay to provide the support room needed for a full batallion of troops.

The modified design retains the 304 class's ability to touch down on either dry land or water and the designs of the Assault bay allow for deployment of troops and vehicles from either land or water, making the AVS-304 the largest amphibious assault ship in military history. The transportation technology standard on all Daedalus class ships gives the AVS varient an addition option for deploying forces into the field without even having to enter a planetary atmosphere.

Currently the 5th and 7th 304 class ships slated for construction will be the AVS varient. The first, Aeacus, is scheduled for deployment in mid 2007, the second, Medea, in mid-late '08.

All I can say for this, is "sweet". Very well done! Hey, don't suppose you could mod some of my ships, could you?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Joshua Talon
                    All I can say for this, is "sweet". Very well done! Hey, don't suppose you could mod some of my ships, could you?
                    I'll take a look and pick one or two to play with. I can't say when though, I've already got 5 of my own (one of which I'll be revealing here probly next weekend) that still need lots of work as well as a 6th I'm brain storming.

I'm also doing mine and my dad's pickup trucks so we can toy around with body mods and paint schemes. These I'll be starting this week some time.

A teaser of things to come:

Comment

ooooo, looks like a sort of scout ship=D

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

I'll take a look and pick one or two to play with. I can't say when though, I've already got 5 of my own (one of which I'll be revealing here probly next weekend) that still need lots of work as well as a 6th I'm brain storming.

I'm also doing mine and my dad's pickup trucks so we can toy around with body mods and paint schemes. These I'll be starting this week some time.

A teaser of things to come:

That is your large cargo ship right? It looks really good. I like it. What program do you use?

Comment

i think thats his carrier.
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          11000! green me

Comment

Phoenix
                            Type: Mid-ranged Warship
                            Technology Base: Tau'ri/Asgard
                            Length: 170m
                            Decks: 6
                            Deck Heights: 4m
                            Construction: Trinium reinforced with naquada.
                            Crew: 47

Powerplant: Four naquada reactors with recharge capability

Propulsion: One hyperspace window generators
                            Three ion-based sublight drives
                            Anti-gravity wave generators

Weapons: 64x Mk IV Nuclear Missiles with naquada fuelled reactors
                            6x (4 bottom and 2 top which are retractable) Railguns positioned for full 180 by 360 degree targeting. Railgun ammo contains small amounts of Naqahdriah for better penetration and damage capability
                            4x (2 bottom and 2 top which are retractable) Energy Cannons positioned for full 180 by 360 degree targeting

Defenses: Asgard shields

Other technology: Asgard transporter/sensor technology
                            Rings

Notes:
                            Originally designed to be defence ship working in a three ship group, the larger power plant capability allowed the ship better movement. This lead to the production of the ship as an attack craft working in unison with larger fleet vessels. Its offensive capabilities designed for 360 degree targeting allowed for defensive and protection tactics too leading to it being a two ship group working on a flanking manoeuvre allowing for a maximum damage and threat range while not reducing the defensive capability of the ship.

A new design is to make the ship smaller and more nimble without losing too much of the offensive and defensive capability.
                            Last edited by benjaminism; 10 July 2006, 08:11 AM.

Comment

pretty nice ship mate, maybe take out the cloak because we have yet to see another "big ship" like the hat'ak..or this ship...to be cloaked since sokar's fleet which apophis shortly seized, until we blew it up with a sun and then the reps got his mothership

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

ditto + remove 1 of the hyperdrives...just because the ancients needed two drives doesnt mean everyone does.
                                sigpic
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X