Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As someones already said here, the daedulus hasnt got 30 railguns.
    Plus as someone pointed out for my vessel, a science vessel or scout has a minimum amount of weapons on it. Hence why I renamed my to a science destroyer. It's main aim is still for research and exploration, but it has weapons equivilent to a destroyer-sized vessel.

that has to be the dumbest idea i have ever heard of, limit it down to 2 rail guns not 6 it'll be fine.....btw, there cant possibly be a sceicen vessel that is ment for combat too...science vessels would have too much power going to equipment and sensor stuff...btw, the sheilds would probaly be good just incase there are researches on like suns or some other things that could damage the ships hull or crew

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

Am I the only one that doesn't see a problem with having a warship, doubling up as a science vessel when not in battle.

Anyway, new ship a light cruiser/Zodiac Class

Zodiac Class (LCRX-405)

Dimensions:
      Length: 526m
      Width: (At front): 126m
      Wing Span: 225m
      Height: 94m

Material:
      RTT

Power:
      1x Mark IX naquadah generator (main systems)
      2x Mark VIII naquadah generator (backup systems)

Defensive weaponry:
      36x Mark VIII naquadah enhanced nuclear torpedoes (6 launchers 4 fore, 2 aft)
      6x laser cannons (4 fore, 2 aft)
      3x deuterium based point-particle cannons (2 fore, 1 aft)

Offensive weaponry:
      42 Mark XII naquadah enhanced nuclear torpedoes (7 launchers, 4 fore, 1 vertical, 2 aft)
      3x deuterium based particle cannons (2 fore, 1 aft)
      2x naquadriah based particle cannons (1 fore, 1 aft)
      2x railguns
      1x railgun using wraith dart weapons

Shields:
      2x Asgard Shield Generators (1 primary, 1 secondary)

Armour:
      12m IRTT hull armour

Stealth:
      Stealth Material
      Active Camoflague

Fighters:
      18x F-302cs or 8 FIX-403s

Engines:
      2x Asgard Hyperdrive Generators
      4x Ion Sublight engines
      5x Fusion thrusters
      6x Manouvering thrusters

Other:
      Asgard Sensors
      Rings
      Asgard Beaming Tech

History of the Zodiac class

While having more torpedoes than its bigger sister the Utopia class. The torpedoes aren't as powerful. As you can see on the drawing the positions of all the major systems have been shown.
      This is an Internationally made ship using the British "triangluar front" design.
      This is being built in Germany, since the shipyards in the highlands and area 51 are now full. The location of the German shipyard is unknown at this time.
      Only the second ship to use the point-particle cannon, but the next refit of the ships will start to include these new ships.
      This is a ship for the Milky Way galaxy to help in the fight against the ori.
      The Lucian Alliance is getting worried at the prospect of the Tauri having a fully combatant fleet. The Jaffa are in talks with the International Council for the plans of some of the ships, possibly to make themselves. They are especially interested in the naquadriah particle cannon. The Asgard have been impressed with how a handful of nations on Earth have worked together and put together such a formidabal fleet.
      Estimated build time: 9 months
      First one to be completed: Zodiac: mid 2007 - end of 2007.
      Estimated price tag: £200 million
      Last edited by Davidtourniquet; 07 May 2006, 03:21 AM.

Comment

1x railgun using wraith dart weapons???????

I thought that was just a simple plasma bolt not a solid projectle...

Comment

Originally posted by Milleniumlance
          1x railgun using wraith dart weapons???????

I thought that was just a simple plasma bolt not a solid projectle...
          Couldn't remember what they were called, so just called them wraith dart weapons (needs to go and rewatch atlantis me thinks)

Comment

A railgun is more than capable of accelerating plasma, so calling it a Wraith-style rail gun might not be correct(they might use a coilgun) but it's not necessarily wrong.

Comment

the design is too wraithy, and why do people keep thinking we will have wraith tech!?!?! we have no interest in it, maybe we use the wraith rifles and pistols so that if the ammo for p90s and berretta's runs out then we use them, but, other then the hand held weaponry, i dont beleive we would ever incorperate wraith tech/weaponry with 304s/302s/w.e else lol....so yeah, epople should cut with the wraith style railguns, or the dropship with wraith cannons....earth has felgar cannons which look like they'll be oh so much better....so...here is my request for no more wraith weapons on our ships...none of our ships, look like wraith ships...unless it is ship we capture and slapped an earth sticker on the back even then, why would we reverse engineer them, they are organice and we have no clue how the tech works unfortunatly

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

Originally posted by mburrows
                the design is too wraithy, and why do people keep thinking we will have wraith tech!?!?! we have no interest in it, maybe we use the wraith rifles and pistols so that if the ammo for p90s and berretta's runs out then we use them, but, other then the hand held weaponry, i dont beleive we would ever incorperate wraith tech/weaponry with 304s/302s/w.e else lol....so yeah, epople should cut with the wraith style railguns, or the dropship with wraith cannons....earth has felgar cannons which look like they'll be oh so much better....so...here is my request for no more wraith weapons on our ships...none of our ships, look like wraith ships...unless it is ship we capture and slapped an earth sticker on the back even then, why would we reverse engineer them, they are organice and we have no clue how the tech works unfortunatly
                Felgars weapon was never integrated into the DSC's. It was just one major screw up. There was never an episode where they were ever mentioned again.

Best Stargate quote:
                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by mburrows
                  The Atlantis team seems to have quite a good understanding of how Wraith tech works:
                  In Duet, they were able to reverse-engineer a dart's culling beam. In Michael, McKay is seen looking over 'Wraith materialiser schematics'.

And besides, I like Wraith tech

It also gives Atlantis more individuality.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Scientist
                    The Atlantis team seems to have quite a good understanding of how Wraith tech works:
                    In Duet, they were able to reverse-engineer a dart's culling beam. In Michael, McKay is seen looking over 'Wraith materialiser schematics'.

And besides, I like Wraith tech

It also gives Atlantis more individuality.
                    I like wraith tech too, but they didn't reverse engineer it. It was more of a.... err, bridging the gap between wraith technology, ancient tech.

Best Stargate quote:
                    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                    Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                      I like wraith tech too, but they didn't reverse engineer it. It was more of a.... err, bridging the gap between wraith technology, ancient tech.
                      You're right, they didn't reverse engineer it - but they got it to work.

If they captured a few more darts then they could start putting a few culling beams to work while trying to reverse-engineer their own.

I really don't like Asgard beaming technology - it's really annoying in Atlantis. Wraith beaming technology is much more balenced and less of a deus ex machina.

IMO, the Atlantis team should be fighting a guerilla war against the Wraith rather than fighting in open combat. They should invest in light recon ships and dropships rather than EBCs.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Scientist
                        deus ex machina.

IMO, the Atlantis team should be fighting a guerilla war against the Wraith rather than fighting in open combat. They should invest in light recon ships and dropships rather than EBCs.
                        What is an deus ex machina and what is an EBC?

They should be using Guerilla tactics.

Best Stargate quote:
                        Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                          What is an deus ex machina and what is an EBC?

They should be using Guerilla tactics.
                          EBC = Earth Battle Cruiser, for example the Deadalus, Odessy etc.

Deus ex machina - Asgard teleporters are used too often as an easy quick fix

Well, I can live with the Deadalus as long as it's hyperdrives and Asgard teleporters are removed, and it is used for recon, generally sneaking round Pegasus and exploration rather than engaging enemy motherships

BTW: My earlier design was based on the Pelican Dropship, from Halo
                          Last edited by Wraith Scientist; 07 May 2006, 11:55 AM.

Comment

mburrows, what you are forgetting is that using wraith weaponry in earth ships is quite possible and maybe used in future on atlantis and/or sg1. Just because it hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean it will. I've noticed you like to criticise a lot of people's designs. While some are far out, others are not so far away in the SG universe. Most of them are talking 2/3 years at least in the future. Who knows by then what the SG teams will be using, hell they may even be using ori beam weapons. At the end of the day, it's science-fiction so anything is possible.
                            Another thing, who says, we don't wanna use it. Tptb certainly haven't.
                            Anubis, when I was thinking about the wraith-style weapons I was thinking of integrating it into the workings of the human railgun, sorry if that wasn't clear.

Comment

If you designed a starship, what kind of goodies would you include? Security measures? Stupidism failsafes? And what about regulations if you were running said ship?

Here's what I'd do with my starship (some of these I wrote down a long time ago)...

I will always keep a backup backup supply in case my backup runs out.

I will keep enough food in my starship to last for several years. That way nobody can tell me that there's only enough for a few days.

The food in my ship will be stored everywhere. If part of the ship gets blown off, it won't just happen to be the only food supply.

No matter how small of an excursion my starship may be embarking upon, I will have it outfitted in preparation of a decade-long journey.
                              (Futuristic food lasts forever, right? No sense in having to re-stock anytime soon.)

I will not design or use a ship where the doors can be unlocked from the inside of the brig, either by lock or by removing a panel and rerouting a few wires.

-Seatbelts. I mean, do you know how MORONIC those guys look getting bounced around their shipchairs with no SEATBELTS? Do you know how many redshirts could be saved because they're not being bounced out of their chairs and hitting their heads on the control panels? When the new Enterprise finally got 'em in ST: Nemesis, it was about time!

-Outlets all over the ship that will let you plug in a standard laptop and allow control of pretty much every function. It will be password-protected with a non-numerical password that will make sense no no-one but myself or anyone who I share it with. There will be no way to override the password. So, if some maniac decides to blow up the warp core down in engineering, it could be shut down from the recreational area. Mua.

-Anti-Godmode Shielding and Anti-Mary-Sue equipment.

-The brig doors will NOT be energy-based - good-old fashioned metal is more reliable in case of a power failure. Also, a loss of power will not cause the doors to become unlocked. A mechanical combination lock should serve well.

-I'd definitely include an assortment of weapons on board - especially a few regular ol' lead projectile-shooters. In the right situtations, those can be MIGHTY.

-I'd see about getting a solar-power array set up. While it may not provide enough energy to constantly cruise the galaxy, it would be constantly charging and therefore be pretty good in a pinch.

And some regulations...

-Personnel not authorized to carry guns WILL be authorized to carry pepper-spray.

-Dressing like a sex-kitten in public areas of the ship will be punishable. Also, scantily-clad characters on visit will be expected to change into something less revealing.

-Anyone acting out of character must be reported. Medical and psychiatric evaluations will follow. (As well as a sweep for possible Mary-Sues!)

-All pets, vegetables, crystals, and gadgets must be checked.

-Characters wearing too much clothing (IE, enough to conceal an army tank or a retrofitted P90) will be required to change into something with a little less material.

-Visitor's stomachs will be checked for weapons.

-That includes ALL your stomachs.

-And rectal cavities.

-Anyone caught stuffing dashes and apostrophes into alien words and/or names for no reason will be punished. Not especially harshly, but enough to get the point across that we don't go around spelling what should simply be "Danska" as "Dans'ka" or some nonsense.
                              [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Very well thought out.
                                I liked the idea about food storage that makes a lot of sense.

I always wondered if it would be possible to have a backup layer of shielding on a vessel, in essence have two shield generators. When one layer of shielding is depleted by 100% the other generator kicks in.

Comment

Working...
                                X