This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mburrows
    kk, sorry for triple post, but ill make mroe specs for the ship(my edit button aint working

image courtosy of Rail'k, backstory, name, and specs, courtesy of mburrows

US-306
    (uber-ship...lol)

size: HUGE

crew:2500(come on 5k?no no no lol)...includes jaffa, w.e is left of tok'ra, 50 asgards, and of course some tauri

Propulsion: Asgard Engines...the fastest they got, top of the line asgard hyperdrives

Power: primary: Advanced Asgard ion reactor, secondary: 2 goa'uld hat'ak class power reactors, other secondary: 5 naqudah reactors, mainly to run away

Weapons: 4 experimentle(sp?) asgard ion cannons for capital to capital ship combat, one high powered beam cannon...using similar technology to the ori toilet class ship weapons, mixture of tuari research, asgard tech, and jaffa research, although not as powrful as they dont exactly know what it is all about, for point defence it is a mixture of technology of goa'uld disruptor cannons and "photon torpedo" cannons...jumbled up in a blendar kinda thingy i guess

defences: emp, ecm, eccm, highly advanced hybrid of asgard and goa'uld sheilds...HIGHLY advanced, can take up to 16 shots from ori capital ships, other usualy countermeasures, anti prior wave generator...big radius because of more size and power, very limited cloaking abilites, because size of ship, the cloak can last for only 1 hour

other: stargate in a storage compartment midship
    asgard beaming technology
    30 labs
    5 armories, fully loaded
    10 cell brig, using sheilding tech instead of regular bars...

fighter capacity: 70 f-302s(added 10 more)

backstory: given the imnant threat and danger of the ori capital ships, the combined tauri governments, the asgard, jaffa, and a lil bit of help from tok'ra, all these races and put all their forces together to make this sole ship and possibly more of its class, although it took a lot of cooperation given previous relationships, they did manage to get it done in one year, it takes all the races technology from microchips to very advanced sheild's weaponry, and propulsion. to insure equal use of the ship the crew contains mixture of all races and many fail safes to prevent one race from taking over the ship, in order to launch the ship, all races must put in their code, to arm weapons, all races must enter their code, and weapons designed by the asgard to be like all the basic weaponry and equipment for the races have been modified to not be able to fire onboard unless the asgard release the lock which they can do by using their mind interface with the ship...although it seems like the asgard have most control, it was decided by all races that since the asgard are the oldest and the most "mature" they do have majority of the power to operate this heavily advanced peice of tech. in combat situations, it is a formidable opponet, able to take on 2 ori capital ships at a time, all races beleive this is the first step into keeping our galaxy races alive, and a first step to the next galactic alliance, with more and more of these ships, the fleet of the milky wat will be able to hold onto its grip from threats as the ori and wraith. the asgard are the most who hope for this alliance to work as with the combined efforts they will most likely be able to solve their cloning problem and benefit everyone by having equal power and standing in the galaxy. in a sort of honor of all the races ship, the ship model has be name the Odaedakus, a mixture of the o'niel, the daedalus, the hat'ak vessel, and the prometheus(sorta). 2 more Odaedakus class vessel are in production but are not planned to be ready for combat for at least a year, the asgard predict the use of at least 2 to destroy the ori's supergate.

kk, think of this as the oniel of the milky way/ida galaxies, it is used to stop certain extinction of the races from milky way and ida galaxies haha

anywho, i hope this certainly doesnt look like a fan wank, this isnt just a tauri vessel, it used ALL the resources of the asgard, free jaffa nation, tok're and tauri all combined, so in my opinion, not a fan wank at all

after considering the crew of a hat'ak or a daedalus, i upped the crew requirements for this as it is a very big ship

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

nice
      sigpic

Comment

no one else is posting

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

heh, forgot the playoffs started today, so my stuff is going to be a little later than expected.

Comment

I'm currently busy working on Uni work, and other projects, with a little luck I may be posting up a transport 3d model and stats, but no promises
            "I'm not crazy. I just have another consciousness in my brain."

Firefly/Serenity Fans checkout:
            http://www.intotheblack.ca/
            Click ME >>>> My 3d Models" <<<<Click ME

Comment

Originally posted by OculusMortis
              The problem is he was a full bird, both Sam and Mitchell are only Lt Colonel's he had overall command, furthermore they entered the planets surrounding space with one goal; if Daniel hadn’t got them to surrender the weapon, then they were to destroy the satellite, anyone facing an unknown weapon wouldn’t risk their life and their crews lives hoping they don’t get fried.
              He also 'opened up' with 2 missiles on the satellite, which did nothing, then rather than ordering all batteries/tubes fire, he looked mystified and asked Sam or Mitchell for some advice.
              tbh the whole episode was awful, calling off Mitchell when he had a chance to take out the satellite, I mean wtf, yes sure lets leave Ori fundie nutjobs with the pwning beam of death(tm)......

I could see them naming the ship after him, nobody else seemed to realise how bad he did

PS. sorry for a rant, but I REALLY hate Ethon, because it should have been so much better
              where did u get the info that Sam and Mitchell were only Lt.colonels? To the best of my knowledge they are both full colonels-otherwise they would have been refered to as Lt.Colonel Carter and Lt.Colonel Mitchell,same as Shepperd is refered to as a Lt.Colonel. They were all of equal rank on that bridge and it's possible that Mitchell had tactical command as he's the head of SG1 and the Promethius is an SGC ship(as shown by the SGC tags on Pendergast's uniform). They as a trio could have done better, but they were influenced by their feelings for Daniel-had they acted like professionals that Satelite would have been history.

The blame for Ethon goes to Daniel however-he just can't stop putting his friends and Earth in danger so he can feel good about his concience-serioulsy if I was on that show I would Zat him every time he opened his mouth to propose one of his "we might all die but at least we would have a clear concience" schemes. When he does that he reminds me of Captain janeway from voyager and how she was perfectly ahppy to risk the lives of her crew to appease her principles or to save some pink lifeform that floats in space!
              Semper Vigilans!

Play www.stargatewars.com
              +
              Join the Adeptus Astartes

Comment

publius, their ranks are mentioned in the beggining of s.8(carter's) and the beginning of s.9(mitchles), in s.8, once jack gets command he says

"another reson i took this job is so i could do really kool things like this.....it is with great pride, and honor, that i announce a promotion of major carter, to LIUTENANT COLONEL!*applause sam is all surprised, etc etc etc*"

then

"I insert name here"*same smiles*"I, samantha carter"

etc etc etc

not sure about mitchell but i beleive i here general laundry(sp?) say "ahh, liutenant colonel, i beleive you're ready to take command of sg-1?"

sumtin like that

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

They are both Lt Colonel's hence the arguments (some on this very board i believe) about whether Sam or Cam ( should take command, its also why they often call each other by their first name, if they weren’t the same rank that would be a big no-no.

Have to agree that some of the blame for Ethon goes to Daniel, however what he did was in character; are we truly to believe that an Air-Force colonel would be that stupid? Furthermore when has Sam shown herself to be as gullible and stupid as she was when the Rand Protectorate made the deal to save their satellite, and then double crossed them?
                  "I'm not crazy. I just have another consciousness in my brain."

Firefly/Serenity Fans checkout:
                  http://www.intotheblack.ca/
                  Click ME >>>> My 3d Models" <<<<Click ME

Comment

yeah, i think we should've just nuked it and make sure the nukes explode before impacting the shields>_< i see that happen so many times, it is a wonder they havent noticed it, and for teh daedalus, why not shoot nukes instead of beaming them onboard? lol, anywho, yeah, since the nuke goes right into the shield, it isnt able to blow up and actually cause damage, so yeah...

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

Yeah cant fire nukes at the wraith since the darts got in the way of them when they tried in the siege Part III

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet
                        Yeah cant fire nukes at the wraith since the darts got in the way of them when they tried in the siege Part III
                        Then launch one nuke into the cloud of darts to clear the way for the nuke that's going to blow up the hive.

Best Stargate quote:
                        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                        Green is your friend.

Comment

actually, i think you're confused with the asteroids that wraith sent towards the nukes tey deployed via puddlejumper....darts, asteroids....totally different

anywho, yeah, blowing a nuke either in front of or pretty damn new them, or have the nukes go off by impact would work find with darth and hive ships, just, impact vs sheilds wouldnt allow the nukes to go off because it'd probaly disitergrate

HERE'S AN IDEA!: study how the reps were able to get threw thor's sheilds and then make a nuke like that to kill the ori

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

Okay, I don't often put out possible ship designs, and I don't have a picture, mainly because I don't feel I need one. It might help to sell the idea, but I don't think it absolutely necessary. This is an idea for a new fighter class.

F-322 Starfire (yeah, there is a joke there... )

Starfighter has a classic Earth-fighter profile, not unlike an F-22 ( ). The differences are mainly internal technologies and capabilities. This fighter is capable of both aerial and space combat.

Drives:
                            • 1 Anti-Inertial Drive- Very similiar to Deathglider drives (as it was retro-engineered from them), and allows the fighter to essentially possess all of the manuevering capabilities that any Deathglider or Scout ship have.
                            • 2 Rocket Boosters- In case main power is lost, rockets may be used to manuever in emergency situations. They have a limited burn time, but give the pilot an extra option they might not otherwise have.
                            • Wings- In atmospheric situations, when power is lost, the fighter has the means to glide, and with the rocket boosters can even stay aloft longer, enough to find a suitable place to land.
                            • 1 Optional Hyperdrive Attachment- A dorsal placement behind the cockpit where a Hyperdrive can be attached, giving the fighter interstellar capability.
                            • 4 Small Escape Rockets- Attached to the Cockpit/Escape Pod allowing the Pod to seperate from the fighter in emergencies. In atmospheric ejections, the Pod is equipped with a Glider-Parachute allowing the pilot to maneuver to a suitable location as possible.
                            Power:
                            • 1 Mark VII Naquda Reactor- Provides power to all primary systems, such as the Anti-Inertial Drive, Life-support, Energy Weapons, and various other technologies.
                            • 1 Mark I Naquada Reactor- Located within the Cockpit/Escape Pod to provide power in case of emergency situations, and subsequent detachment from the main body of the fighter.
                            • Multiple Liquid Naquada Fuel Cells- Located throughout the fighter to provide power to servos and other independent systems within the fighter.
                            Weaponry/Armaments:
                            • 1 Shield/Cloaking Device- Retro-engineered from the Puddle-Jumper, and applied to the F-322. The Fighter is capable of combat while using the cloak when using its missiles. It has full combat capability when the using the Shield function.
                            • 2 (Left/Right) Forward Beam Weapons- Retro-engineered from Ori Technology. One Beam emitter on either side of the cockpit, but is capable of aiming at objects that are not immediately in front of the fighter. It is capable of shooting at objects to the side of the fighter as well.
                            • 2 (Dorsal/Underside) Rear Beam Weapons- The Dorsal and Underside emitters are placed near the rear of the fighter, allowing the pilot to shoot at objects to the rear of the fighter, making it very dangerous to chase the F-322. The Dorsal emitter allows the pilot to fire at objects above the fighter, and the Underside emitter allows it to fire at objects below it. In essence, the fighter has full angular offensive capability, and does not necessarily have to manuever into a specific allignment to destroy enemy targets.
                            • 24 Mini-Missiles- The F-322 stores two dozen missiles of various types within its airframe. The primary mini-missile used is the Nova-Dart, equipped with a Naquda enhanced Fusion Bomb warhead. It is also equipped with a frequency modulator to allow it to pass through shields and a micro-cloak to keep it hidden until it strikes its target.
                            • Stealth Airframe Design- Although it is useless against sufficiently advanced opponents, it does provide one less means of detection for prospective enemies regardless of technological development in cases where the Cloak cannot be used.
                            Misc. Advanced Tech.
                            • Emergency Teleport Device- A downgraded one time use Asgard-designed Beaming device that can allow the pilot to escape his fighter in emergency situations. It does at least require a place to be able to be teleported to.
                            • Cockpit Stasis Device- Retro-engineered from the Ancients Stasis devices. In case rescue is not an immediate likelyhood for the pilot, they have the option of activating a Stasis Field. This might be used when the pilot is running low on food or injured.
                            • Mark XII Enhanced Fighter Helmet- The starfighter pilot's helmet is equipped with various enhancments. It is equipped with limited Machine/Mind Interface technology allowing the pilot to control the fighter and access subsystems at the speed of thought. It also has a Reality Enhancement Visor that relays important information directly to the Face-plate of the helmet. It is also equipped with a sip-straw, that is attached to a fluid pack. There is a seperate straw-attachment for a sweet and nutritous 'jello-like' ( ) substance to help sustain the pilot while in flight. The helmet has full comm. hardware (mic and earphones), and life-support attachments.
                            • Advanced Sensor Package- Retro-engineered from Asgard and Ancient sensor devices. They give the pilot access to far more information than any previous fighter craft.
                            • Intertial Dampeners/Art. Gravity- The Cockpit is equipped to keep the pilot as comfortable as possible wether in space or in an atmosphere.
                            • 3 Unmanned Shadow Drones- Each Starfire class fighter, can have up to 3 semi-autonomous drone fighters, that are virtually identical to Starfire fighters. They possess a limited A.I. enabling them to act and fight without outside control. Unless specifically ordered by its command Pilot to perform a task, their default function is to cover and protect the command fighter. All Shadow-Drone fighters possess a completely seperate 'Loyalty Circuit' that activates a self-destruct if the drone locks on to a target designated as friendly. The Loyalty Circuit is completely seperate from all other systems and does not possess a transciever. This means it cannot be accessed by the A.I. or enemy forces by remote means. All friendly targets are predesignated within a removable cartridge before the drone leaves for combat operations. It can be removed and updated between combat operations. There is a hardwired locking mechanism that prevents the drone from functioning until the cartridge is plugged in. A full squadron of Starfire fighters is made up of three pilots and their fighters, along with the 3 drones assigned to each pilot, filling out the squadron with 12 fighters. A sqaudron can be brought up to 16, by adding one more pilot, and 3 additional drones.

I found a pic that illustrates it perfectly... actually it is where I got the idea... I just added the Stargate Tech.
                            The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                            Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                            My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                            Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

I cant say its not a great design Sea, i can say it wont happen though ori weapons will never get retro'd and the PJ shield cloak is OTT, other than those, perfect.
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                                I cant say its not a great design Sea, i can say it wont happen though ori weapons will never get retro'd and the PJ shield cloak is OTT, other than those, perfect.
                                I wouldn't say that, afterall, they've already gotten the basic plans for the Ori Satellite Beam Weapon. That should help them to develop their own. Also, who knows what info might end up being found in Atlantis? As to the shield/cloak... What is OTT?? I don't think it is something the Pentagon wouldn't love to figure out how to make use of. This fighter after all is years into the future. I'd say at least 10 or 15 years down the road.
                                The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                                Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                                My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                                Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Working...
                                X