This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JRPR
    yea but i guess it would be good if it was a kinda mini railgun because the amount of damage done the the rails on a rail gun when it is used extensivly is huge so i guess it would stave of over heating for a while longer
    You're right, it would heat up something fierce. How bout micro missles with some kind of lock on feature. Imagine shooting out hundreds of the suckers per second and watch them chase the target.

Comment

I’m glad you guys like my models

btw I am currently re-doing the Abydos Model as I am not really happy with it and the changes I want to make are extensive enough that it was easier to start again.
      "I'm not crazy. I just have another consciousness in my brain."

Firefly/Serenity Fans checkout:
      http://www.intotheblack.ca/
      Click ME >>>> My 3d Models" <<<<Click ME

Comment

yea ok looking forward to seeing it. you didnt tell me you had done one of the titan tho i was shocked when i saw it on ur page. its a nice modle. looking forward to the abydos v2

Comment

ok here she is. this is my deep space carrier let me know what you think:

DSC 308 longsword

Type: Deep space carrier
          Technology Base: Earth/Asgard/Goauld
          Hull: Titanium/trinium Alloy with Carbon composites
          Dimensions:
          -Length: 470m
          -Width: 200m
          -Height: 80m
          Crew: 200
          Powerplant: 4 Mk. IV Naquadah Generator
          Engines:
          advanced hyperspace window generator
          Four advanced ion-based sublight drives
          Anti-gravity wave generators
          Support craft:
          -48 F-302s
          -24 F-307s (see page 14 of this tread for my f-307 design and specs)
          Weapons:
          -10 double barreled heavy coil guns 1000 rounds each
          -44 remote controled light coil guns 1000 rounds each
          -40 naquada enhanced nuclear warheads
          Defenses:
          -Inert Naquadah Plating in certain areas
          -Advanced Asgard designed shields
          Other tech:
          -AFC (adaptable flight computer)
          -Asgard sensor tech
          -Asgard Beeming tech
          -Gou'ald rings

The first of this line of ships rolled off the production line in 2010 when it was decided that there was a need for a ship with a greater fighter capacity that the 304. As the F-307s have verticle takeoff and landing there is a second hanger doar located on top of the hanger bay for the 307s. All of the hanger openings have bulkhead doars but also when in a battle situation a teporary shield is activated over the opening alowing craft to take off whilst people opperate insid the hanger. As there will be multiple craft being lanched and landing on the ship there is a comand point on top of each hanger to monitor the craft alot like an air trafic control center. The longsword was not designed to go in to battle on its own and would only go in to a danger zone acompanied by a battle ship meaning that it has limited offensive capabilities and the main coil guns are only to desencorage a ship from attacking, however the ship does have good defensive capabilities with many point defence coil guns. it was decided that more power should be put in to defence as there is no point in having a fighter carrier when there is no carrier left fo the fighters to go back to.
          Attached Files

Comment

1000 ROunds will burn up quickly if you're engaged in a fight with enemy vessels. Might want to up that by a lot.

Comment

ok here she is. this is my deep space carrier let me know what you think:

DSC 308 longsword

Type: Deep space carrier
              Technology Base: Earth/Asgard/Goauld
              Hull: Titanium/trinium Alloy with Carbon composites
              Dimensions:
              -Length: 470m
              -Width: 200m
              -Height: 80m
              Crew: 200
              Powerplant: 4 Mk. IV Naquadah Generator
              Engines:
              advanced hyperspace window generator
              Four advanced ion-based sublight drives
              Anti-gravity wave generators
              Support craft:
              -48 F-302s
              -24 F-307s (see page 14 of this tread for my f-307 design and specs)
              Weapons:
              -10 double barreled heavy coil guns 1000 rounds each
              -44 remote controled light coil guns 1000 rounds each
              -40 naquada enhanced nuclear warheads
              Defenses:
              -Inert Naquadah Plating in certain areas
              -Advanced Asgard designed shields
              Other tech:
              -AFC (adaptable flight computer)
              -Asgard sensor tech
              -Asgard Beeming tech
              -Gou'ald rings

The first of this line of ships rolled off the production line in 2010 when it was decided that there was a need for a ship with a greater fighter capacity that the 304. As the F-307s have verticle takeoff and landing there is a second hanger doar located on top of the hanger bay for the 307s. All of the hanger openings have bulkhead doars but also when in a battle situation a teporary shield is activated over the opening alowing craft to take off whilst people opperate insid the hanger. As there will be multiple craft being lanched and landing on the ship there is a comand point on top of each hanger to monitor the craft alot like an air trafic control center. The longsword was not designed to go in to battle on its own and would only go in to a danger zone acompanied by a battle ship meaning that it has limited offensive capabilities and the main coil guns are only to desencorage a ship from attacking, however the ship does have good defensive capabilities with many point defence coil guns. it was decided that more power should be put in to defence as there is no point in having a fighter carrier when there is no carrier left fo the fighters to go back to.
              Why do your Coilguns have less amunition than the rail guns that defended Atlantis? They said that each magazine for those guns carried 10,000 rounds. shouldn't yours carry more since you won't be limited to manually loading them.

Also you are puting a lot of stuff on this thing. Are you sure that it can fit all of these guns on itself? Oh and why have a pair of rings aboard if you have Asgard beaming tech?

But other than that, great ship JRPR!
              Last edited by Daryl Froggy; 12 May 2006, 11:50 AM.

Comment

hmm true about the amo yea i guess it should have more i couldnt remember the amound of rounds that the atlantis guns had. however the main guns carry much bigger rounds but still yea i should give i more. also rings can be useful to have around, remember avalon. plus we have all seen the transporters go ofline now and then.

Comment

True the Asgard transporters do go offline every once in awhile but the rings are more tailored to a nation that has a vast settled territory in which they can place them for use like the Goa'uld, the Alterans, and the Ori. The Asgard beaming tech is more diverse and better for our race to use. They are also a security risk since anyone else with rings can simply activate them remotely and beam onto your ship.

Comment

yea ok looking forward to seeing it. you didnt tell me you had done one of the titan tho i was shocked when i saw it on ur page. its a nice modle. looking forward to the abydos v2
                    yeh, sorry about that thought I had posted saying i was gonna make it, must have forgotten

Comment

What program are you guys using to make those cool 3D ship models?

Comment

Stick to one of the other BILLION threads like this!

Comment

I am personally using 3D Studio Max 8

Comment

I wish I could use 3ds max but its way outa my price range. I'm using Blender to do mine.

Only started doing 3d moddleing about 3 weeks ago and decided to use stargate's ships to learn on. Been lots of fun so far, still haven't started doing any real texturing yet, it feels abit over my head at the moment.

Here's a pic of my 304, still in progress

Last edited by cooky; 12 April 2006, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cooky
                              I wish I could use 3ds max but its way outa my price range. I'm using Blender to do mine.

Only started doing 3d moddleing about 3 weeks ago and decided to use stargate's ships to learn on. Been lots of fun so far, still haven't started doing any real texturing yet, it feels abit over my head at the moment.

Here's a pic of my 304, still in progress

Cooky, you've got some mad modelling skills!

Best Stargate quote:
                              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                              Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                                Cooky, you've got some mad modelling skills!

Thanks. Its something I've been wanting to do for years now. Finally was able to get into it recently. I really like how that 304 is comming so far, and I've got a moddification in mind I'll be posting in a few days. Have to finish the mods I'm making for part 2 of my Millenial Pride story first.

Comment

Working...
                                X