This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JRPR
    this is my second, its something a little different so let me kno what you think:

Type: Scout Ship
    Technology Base: Earth/Asgard
    Hull: Titanium/Carbon composites
    Dimensions:
    -Length: 80m
    -Width: 30m
    -Height: 15m
    Crew: 10
    Powerplant: Mk. IV Naquadah Generator
    Engines:
    advanced hyperspace window generator
    Four advanced ion-based sublight drives
    Anti-gravity wave generators
    Weapons:
    -4 remote controled light coil guns 100 rounds each
    Defenses:
    -Inert Naquadah Plating in certain areas
    -Asgard designed shields
    Other tech:
    -Advanced Asgard sensor tech
    -Asgard Beeming tech

This ship was designed and built for the task of preventing ori beach heads and super gates from forming by seeking them out and sending intel back to stargate command. It is also used to gather intel on the enemy fleets in the galaxy. The for railguns are only for defence in extreem situations as the ships primary function is to drop out of hyperspace and scan the target without being detected and then leave befor the ship is detected. it is equiped to do this in several ways, the first is the carbon composit construction making it almost invisible to sensors. The next is the advanced asgard hyper drive which can be pushed to its maximum performance making sure teh ship is not intercepted on its way back to the nearest earth outpost with its inteligence. Next the advanced sensors and comunication array to work at a much longer range than usual.

Nicely done, JRPR! Very cool. And thank you, OM! The Abydos never looked so good!

Comment

Thanks for the comments, its nice to know my work is apreciated. where have ur designs gone? i havnt seen any ships from you in ages or are you working on somthing uber cool at the moment?

Comment

Originally posted by JRPR
        Thanks for the comments, its nice to know my work is apreciated. where have ur designs gone? i havnt seen any ships from you in ages or are you working on somthing uber cool at the moment?
        I've been heaving trouble coming up with something new. I've been focusing at the moment on the evolution of the Ancients, and humanity, and so forth.

But don't worry: I'll come up with something cool soon.

Comment

good good jst making sure there wornt ideas going to waste

Comment

wy are thoss ships so small
            wy not bild a battlstar type warship on asgart steriods
            and than kick so wairt and ori ass
            sorry cant spell

Comment

Originally posted by kefke20
              wy are thoss ships so small
              wy not bild a battlstar type warship on asgart steriods
              and than kick so wairt and ori ass
              Because the OP said "no fanwank"

Comment

we do have some o those but we re trying to keep the ships plausable and possible for them to be built in the next fue years. there is no point in designing uber powerfull ships as they would all be the same and its pretty boring to design an indistrutable ship. check out the very first post on the thread to see what i meen.

Comment

and tos other sacimatics are not fanstuf
                  sorry cant spell

Comment

if we need to stay canonis
                    we can bay a anti capital ship wapons from TECH CON GROUP
                    ore beg the asgart for wapons sins ther is a new trate also to the asgart and a tautie fleet wil be in ther best interst if ther are well armd
                    sorry cant spell

Comment

Well, it's not much, but it's a start. A revised version of the Ranger-class starship. The technical details remain the same:

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Joshua Talon
                        Well, it's not much, but it's a start. A revised version of the Ranger-class starship. The technical details remain the same:

I like it. I was just thinking though... What if you could add 'cars'? Ya know, just attach huge cargo 'cars' behind the ship like a train. It could work. Yeah, it would slow down your ship in normal space, but it would allow you to carry a hell of a lot more cargo. Sort of like tug boats pushing a half a dozen barges around. It would add to the capability of your ship, and you don't have to really change anything except for adding a 'tow' modification to your ship, so that 'cars' can be attached to it.
                        The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                        Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                        My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                        Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion
                          I like it. I was just thinking though... What if you could add 'cars'? Ya know, just attach huge cargo 'cars' behind the ship like a train. It could work. Yeah, it would slow down your ship in normal space, but it would allow you to carry a hell of a lot more cargo. Sort of like tug boats pushing a half a dozen barges around. It would add to the capability of your ship, and you don't have to really change anything except for adding a 'tow' modification to your ship, so that 'cars' can be attached to it.
                          Space trucking
                          "I'm not crazy. I just have another consciousness in my brain."

Firefly/Serenity Fans checkout:
                          http://www.intotheblack.ca/
                          Click ME >>>> My 3d Models" <<<<Click ME

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion
                            Yes... But that would make it difficult for the Ranger to land it's troops on the ground, which is what it was originally designed for. And all those big cargo modules would make good targets for raiders and enemy vessels.

Still... the idea has merit for a civilian version, preferably ones that would be protected.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Joshua Talon
                              Yes... But that would make it difficult for the Ranger to land it's troops on the ground, which is what it was originally designed for. And all those big cargo modules would make good targets for raiders and enemy vessels.

Still... the idea has merit for a civilian version, preferably ones that would be protected.

Not really... All the ship would have to do, would be to manuever into a parking orbit above the planet, detach the 'cars' and go about its business. Hell, it doesn't even have to detach the stuff in orbit. It could do it anywhere, but the planet would make it easier to keep track of the cars.

oh yeah... about the other thing. The target thing. Yeah, that is true, but you could fit each car with its own shield generators and automated defenses. They might be targets, but they wouldn't have to be toothless targets. It would add to the overall firepower of your ship in transit, and the cargo would be 'self-protecting' during parking modes. Your ship would simply need to transmit the proper IFF transponder codes to keep itself from becoming a target.
                              Last edited by Seastallion; 23 March 2006, 07:35 AM.
                              The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                              Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                              My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                              Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

This is my design for a multi role vessle with two configgerations.

F 307 Constrictor class:

Type: gun ship/light drop ship
                                Technology Base: Earth/Asgard/Goauld
                                Hull: Titanium/trinium Alloy with Carbon composites
                                Dimensions:
                                -Length: 25m
                                -Width: 15m
                                -Height: 5m
                                Crew: gun ship=6 Drop ship=6 with capacity for 20 passengers
                                Powerplant: Naquadah Generator
                                Engines:
                                ion-based sublight drives
                                Anti-gravity wave generators
                                Weapons:
                                -4 remote controled light coil guns (gunship=1000 rounds each drop ship=200 rounds each)
                                -2 fixed foward fireing light coil guns 1000 rounds each
                                -Gunship= 20 sidewinder air to air missles. dropship= 4 hellfire bunker buster missles
                                Defenses:
                                -Inert Naquadah Plating in certain areas
                                -Asgard designed shields

This ship was designed to give consderable support to the F 302 in air to air combat. due to the advanced and complex tech that it uses there are only a fue 307s that came of eh production line .It was also designed to carry out the roles of a drop ship. In the drop ship version many of the amunition boxes and missles are removed to allow more room for people. Also there are 4 hellfire missles added to help clear out landing zones. the 307 does feature a shielding device however it is considerably week, it also uses small ion drives alowing it to perform verticle take off and landing, using the shield and verticle take of and landing function is a considerable drain on power. The 307 is very manueverable but cannot match up to the smaller F 302. 1 pilot flyes the ship and has controlle of the 2 fixed coil guns and missles. Another person controlles secondary systems and 4 others control the remote coil guns.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X