• Time
  • Show
Clear All

new

http://setsuna-f-seyei.deviantart.co...253A1369512694

http://setsuna-f-seyei.deviantart.co...ngel-371029958
    sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

Hey, I hope you don't mind if I make a mod for the game FTL:Faster Than Light with this ship! Looks very sleek.

Comment

The biggest problem I've ever had with ships in SG universe is that hyperdrive is always offline as soon as ships shields takes damage. There are two most common reasons why hyperdrive goes offline:

#1 Control crystals gets fried
        #2 Main power circuit overloads and power can't reach hyperdrive

Obviously we have huge design flaw right away and the flaw is that surge protectors cannot protect as soon as shields start taking damage therefore my solution would be:

Solution #1 2 separate circuits, one for shield and one for hyperdrive.
        Solution #2 2 separate power sources with separate circuits. 1 for shield and 1 for hyperdrive and remaining systems.
        Solution #3 Better surge protectors. This probelm occurs in every single ship(apart aasgard apparently) and this is a huge problem yet no1 was even thinking of solving it.

Obviously plot wise this wouldn't be good if the ship could just leave at any time but than think of a more reasonable explanation like ''We need to clear radiation from the blasts to jump into hyperspace'' or something.
        The cake is a lie...

Comment

Russian would not build a Daedalus-class. Russian would prefer a smaller ship that could be hidden, without a lot of energy and a force field we would have less energy. In this case, the generator would put like Daedalus-class and even more powerful. Russian ship would certainly use technology borrowed from the Americans (as always ) But its equipment would have been different. We have a different ideology of construction.
          Supergun along the entire hull around a modular structure. Shape is closer to the spherical shape of the force field, but clumsy and flat top surface for landing ships 40 to 40 meters approximately (right on the missile silos as on our aircraft carrier). Beauty is not important, the modules would be changed as needed and therefore it would be like from a bunch of flying debris. But it would be safe and functional.
          Aft of the engine between the injectors are not very powerful, but the guns, then, from the top down, the main command module, a control room combined with an information table around which would conduct briefings. All of the minimum size. lower levels cabins, laboratories and warehouses. Cabins minimum size. As a 4 seater coupe on a train in Russia, with a virtual window and a folding table, just bolted to the wall, put the prop and all. Even the captain's cabin - as a coupe conductor.
          No personal space. Shared showers and toilets. Gym, but with exercise machines, and not with the site.Dining room no. There are only a kitchen window and food distribution. Can not be selected - that is assigned with the medical evidence and then eat. But can pre-order what you want tomorrow. The food is given in a reusable container with a fixed cover. Eating in the cabins. But the chef - as ship cooks. And the highest quality - admiral.
          Around all of this on all sides variety of cannons, beams and rocket launchers. From the most primitive including 30mm cannon, both "Salute"(yess us have cannon on this spacestation - system "Sheld-1" NR-23 cannon )to all that managed to get hold of. The emergence of new, more powerful but operating on a different principle guns does not lead to the abandonment of the old guns. A weapon from various different civilizations. Russian would not suffice alone Asgard beam. They simply would not have been able to rely on one weapon. Further closer to the middle of the center around the booster line of supergun - cabins, laboratories and warehouses, and around them cannon and protection modules. Russian never trust just one protective field of the same type. In any case, they would have a generator built on a different principle, although not as powerful, and extremely important nodes would protect emergency generators.So they would never allow one computer to control everything - in the Russian segment of the ISS is not the main computer, each computer runs his modulus independently.Russian also feature - add the possibility of manual control everything. The first thing we did copying the Italian machines - added them to manual start. Just our automatics sometimes glitches.
          On each side of the landing modules for rapid descent to the surface of the planet fighting vehicles such as BMD-4M "Giardiniera" with people on board - 8 people each. Even if the Americans had shared Asgard technology-rays from this technology would not refuse. Return equipment (airborne vehicles) is not needed. In case of defeat, vehicles simply destroyed,and people takes tel'tak or beam. And in the case of a victory - this combat vehicle can pass through the gate, and if you scout on the far outer suspension to drag this vehicle to the gates. 14 tons only.
          In the center of the top of the external area under landing of tel'tak with stealth generator who just bought a Russians. Russian would not even make the hangar. Why if you have the transportrings? The protective field is enough. But seriously damaged or it can be in a spacesuit to repair or expand the energy field holding the atmosphere.The bottom level of a hangar for three small ships scout for three seats capable of passing through the gate, smaller and cheaper than the 302 with a minimum of combat capabilities, the simplest - one gun from the glider, three suspension - for missile or to drag the BMD-4M, within the atmosphere.Its purpose is not to lead the fight - but to perform special operations, such as delivering a nuclear charge, or scout. The main weapon - the stealth generator and scanners. We prefer to fight cannons and guided missiles, drones almost, rapid, able to communicate among themselves choosing aim and maneuver. For example complex "Granite" is. By the way he on the Admiral Kuznetsov.
          Next, close the bow on top, under the gun platforms guest hangar. Underneath the bottom meeting room, performing the function of "mess" when no guests on board. Decorated very Russian - to show our culture and would be large enough. Guest cabins are more comfortable but is also small. At the bow under the gun additional command center.
          Throughout the ship in different places launchers for probes and satellites. Russian tactics - open hyper, and throw go there a reconnaissance probe with subspace communication. Or,
          for example probe with a nuclear power plant. It really is our method - even on the moon in front of your astronauts have already visited our robotic probes.And satellites from submarines place in orbit, we came up with.
          Russian much would have liked, jumper, and at least one, they would have tried to get any cost. And then on the top deck near the hangar would have done for him, upright start of course, and next to it would put a hall gate.
          Length Russian ship 100 meters long and 85 at the widest point, the height of 75. Standard crew - 18 people of the core team, 12 members of groups of similar SG. (A group of 4 people, but on the surface down to three or one scout, or all 4 for two, and additional space on the scout is used based on the tasks). In the group - two soldiers, does not matter from Earth or not, a technical scientist, research scientist, 12 people other personnel -doctors,scientists, chefs, reserve personnel. 18 cabins of which one captain. In the troop equip an additional 33 or 65 man assault which is located not only in the 18 main cabin but in 4 guest rooms and, in the premises for other purposes. As the saying goes, "in affliction but not mad." On-board life support system can long withstand the up to 300 people.
          Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
          SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Arwis View Post
            The biggest problem I've ever had with ships in SG universe is that hyperdrive is always offline as soon as ships shields takes damage. There are two most common reasons why hyperdrive goes offline:

#1 Control crystals gets fried
            #2 Main power circuit overloads and power can't reach hyperdrive

Obviously we have huge design flaw right away and the flaw is that surge protectors cannot protect as soon as shields start taking damage therefore my solution would be:

Solution #1 2 separate circuits, one for shield and one for hyperdrive.
            Solution #2 2 separate power sources with separate circuits. 1 for shield and 1 for hyperdrive and remaining systems.
            Solution #3 Better surge protectors. This probelm occurs in every single ship(apart aasgard apparently) and this is a huge problem yet no1 was even thinking of solving it.

Obviously plot wise this wouldn't be good if the ship could just leave at any time but than think of a more reasonable explanation like ''We need to clear radiation from the blasts to jump into hyperspace'' or something.
            have you ever thought that maybe the enemies have a tendency to target the hyperdrive so that we cant escape?
            sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

noe this might not be an original design, but this is my current project:

Kudos to those who recognize it

[IMG=http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/4506/1a8n.png][/IMG]

www.darkarmada.nl
              www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

!! Has ^ been watching The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

Comment

No I have not been, I've been studing Law

www.darkarmada.nl
                  www.runescape.com

Comment

You have? !!

PH is innocent! *runs away*

Comment

haha! PH, civil law is not criminal law, besides in the netherlands the Offcier of the Justice department has to determine weather or not some one is prosecuted, after ofcourse said person has been suspected of having done something wrong

I'm just in my 2nd year at uni, studying Dutch national law

www.darkarmada.nl
                      www.runescape.com

Comment

*is still innocent*

It's not a ship.. but this is what I've been building:

Comment

looking good PH

www.darkarmada.nl
                          www.runescape.com

Comment

Indeed

I figured out how to use the IK solver so now I can make the Barbot do this:

*posts link*

Comment

tres nice! Haven't been able to work on my stuff today, got to study

www.darkarmada.nl
                              www.runescape.com

Comment

I'm updating a video.. adding a white background behind the text to make it easier to see and adding new images..

Comment

Working...
                                X