X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

retracable

Comment

@ killman you would

i am a fan of all Sci Fi so i just sai what it looked like without the body.
      and you can be insulted all you want i have my opion you have yours lets just leave it at that

P.S. Have a wonderful day
      half a joke.

but seriously, BSG is a billion times better than star wars.

Comment

I'd have to agree. Then again everyone had a starwars moment in their life

And bob, that is looking awshum!
        Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
          Gas guzzler....*shames for not being eco-friendly*
          Gas guzzler for the win!!

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

oh and i'd go for the retractable pods

Comment

I'd agree, they look much better.
              Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
              sigpic

Comment

Okay some additions...and modifications.
                I'll start smoothing the design after I'm satisfied.

Comment

Got an idea, doesnt happen often so thought id share but its a 304 class that lands on planets for ground based assults, specs to follow

Spoiler:
                  Class: BC-304 – PTOC (Planetary Tactical Operations Centre)
                  Name: U.S.S Ares
                  Date of Launch: April 23, 2011

Has Same physical dimensions as the current BC-304.

The PTOC class of carrier is a design to be implemented in ground based warfare, the ship will make planet fall into the area where the battle is to commence. From here it will active its shields in a large bubble that is slightly larger than that of warfare conducted out of atmo, so that it provides ground troop protection for the infantry men and machines.
                  On the upper platform of the carrier are two cargo doors with hydraulic lifts contained within, these raise a total of 16 F-302’s to stand by positions on the deck, through the middle of the platform is a quick launch runway, capable of launching all 16 fighters in 90 seconds. One of the 302 hangers is still used to launch a further 8 F-302s and can act as a collection point for the 16 other 302s if rapid evac from the planet is required, in such a time frame that landing and storage on the upper platform becomes impossible. Alternative evacuation tactics include the use of grappling hooks to the runway for 302s approaching from behind during departure to be secured and able to enter hyperspace.
                  In the remaining hanger and in the two smaller cargo hangers located closer to the primary hull, ground based assault vehicles are stored, these are very similar to current cutting edge tanks with the advantage of higher yield explosive heads and supplementary rail gun and micro energy weapons mountings (based on death glider staff weapons). These tanks also have a hull similar to the 304 herself, with a carbon, Naquadah and trinium alloy. This allows for heavy damage to be sustained before causing damage to the men inside. Prototype micro shield generators are also in place, these generators cannot prevent penetration of energy based weapons, but can dissipate around 75% of the thermal energy from a al’kesh or glider blast and can deflect small shrapnel for nearby explosions (for soldier protection during exterior firing solutions)
                  The main advantage of a ground based assault is the minimisation of civilian casualties, the Lucian Alliance will invade small villages and hold the occupants to hostage, an aerial assault would be very imprecise and deadly to the population. This command centre allows for quick deployment of ground and air based assets and provides quick evacuation in case of extreme emergencies.
                  The interior of this carrier is very familiar in the command section, but has more dedicated soldier sleeping compartments and a large tactical control centre in what used to be the missile launch tube bay, this allows for a holographic display of the battlefield to be observed by the tactical assault commander and their staff, rather than crowding on the bridge with the flight crew and captain.
                  The final difference between this carrier and the original 304 is the addition of a large bay door in the centre of the ships base, this contains a bomb bay which can contain multiple delivery packages, including;
                  • A Mark X cluster. This is a series of 6 mark IX warheads linked together in a penetrative case, the intention being to launch the casing into the ground directly below the bomb bay, to around 50 metres then detonate from orbit, the resulting blast would cause deep fissures through the surrounding earth, and blast millions of tonnes of debris in to the atmosphere of the planet, causing an intense nuclear winter, and the death of most plant life, effectively rendering the planet uninhabitable.

• EMP Warhead; This is a simple Electromagnetic Pulse Bomb, this can render all powered equipment in the 1000 Km around the detonation site unusable or at least temporarily inert.

• Up to 50 mark VI warhead on an orbital carpet bomb deployment, with each missile flying to is most effective range from the next missile, to create total ground coverage for extreme portions of land.

Let me know what you think, tried to reduce all fanwank to nothing probs still a little left though.

lots of the different bomb solutions are based on real life tactical strategies devised for future warfare, with the exception of naquadah enhanced missiles. EMP and Cluster nukes were investigated under the bush regime. and sub-surface detonation was considered for the moon to release heluim 3 from lunar regolith to the surface.
                  Last edited by Naquadah_nut; 06 August 2010, 08:33 AM.
                  sigpic
                  THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

Fixed some stuff, altered the back, moved the engines, detailed pod bays, I'm going to start on paneling next.
                    Attached Files
                    sigpic
                    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

oh em gee!

Comment

Flight pod panels, pipes, small panels on the rest of the ship.
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic
                        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

looks beastly bob

sigpic

Comment

that thing will own even the galactica

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                              that thing will own even the galactica
                              To be fair, thin thing's kind of a rust bucket.

Comment

Update on the Belatu Cadros.... tweaked the thrusters to give them a green tint... going to have the ship with a different type of power core, which results in the thrusters glowing green, instead of the yellow usually seen...Also panelled more of the ship....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Working...
                                X