Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone. I'm a new poster to this thread.

Some time ago, I started thinking up ship designs for my fanfiction story which interprets the Furlings being elves. I started to thinkup some ideas on what their space vessels woulod look like, from fighters n bombers to heavy destroyers and carriers--the whole range.

In case feel i can benefit from sketching it, can someone tell me the simplest ship-designing program there is since I'm doin it the 1st time?

Much appreciated. Look forward to possibly sketchin out some designs n postin them here.
    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
      Hi everyone. I'm a new poster to this thread.

Some time ago, I started thinking up ship designs for my fanfiction story which interprets the Furlings being elves. I started to thinkup some ideas on what their space vessels woulod look like, from fighters n bombers to heavy destroyers and carriers--the whole range.

In case feel i can benefit from sketching it, can someone tell me the simplest ship-designing program there is since I'm doin it the 1st time?

Much appreciated. Look forward to possibly sketchin out some designs n postin them here.
      if you want easy Google Sketchup is pretty much the easiest software to learn and you can think of it like MS paint but 3D.

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
        Wow! You really have found a way to think like an alien! What a marvelous way to waste space!
        thanks semmer!
        and indeed Aliens think "BIG"

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
          First time this week I've had any time so I thought I would keep going with my dont even know what type of ship to call it.

Anyway I've started panelling from the rear, forward hopefully its all done by the time the weekends over.

Spoiler:
          DB you're getting there slowly, more practice and it'll work out fine, I would though lengthen it a great deal, it looks sort of cut off at the moment.
          Originally posted by Alx View Post
          Something new and original from me.

It does look like a cyclists helmet, but an awesome on though
          My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
          sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

i cant wait to see the fighters that come outta that helmet ship haha

Comment

Originally posted by colbmista View Post
              i cant wait to see the fighters that come outta that helmet ship haha
              im thinking they look like small versions of the big one

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                Something new and original from me.

W00T! Something original! Me likes! Green.
                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

thanx again, Alx I'll giveit a try n share the results here hopefully they won;t be too shoddy
                  If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                  [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                    W00T! Something original! Me likes! Green.
                    thank you LOS

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
                    thanx again, Alx I'll giveit a try n share the results here hopefully they won;t be too shoddy
                    no worries be sure to hit up youtube for some tutorials on Sketchup itll help get you familiarized with it

Comment

well.. here i go again.

Comment

on a roll (so far)

Comment

The underside of Atlantis will be the hardest part

Comment

Not particularly, sometimes its the easiest. You can let your imagination go wild around there.
                            Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Experiment 442 View Post
                              Not particularly, sometimes its the easiest. You can let your imagination go wild around there.
                              indeed or i could simply not add the underside at all to save me a few polys.

Comment

update:
                                making good progress in a steady pace.

Comment

Working...
                                X