Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permission to change the subject for a moment....

anyone know what could make Photoshop Gray up my renders when i drag different Ortho's i've got of a definitely finished Enyalius into one image?

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
      Permission to change the subject for a moment....

anyone know what could make Photoshop Gray up my renders when i drag different Ortho's i've got of a definitely finished Enyalius into one image?
      Define 'grey up'. Do you want to match the colours between the different renders?

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post

Haha it's been some time since I've seen you argue so I guess I've forgot.
        I know, I haven't been around for a while. Nevermind actually getting round to posting.

Need to get back into the swing of things round here me thinks.
        Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
          Define 'grey up'. Do you want to match the colours between the different renders?
          It's like i'm looking at it through a black and white TV.... the different shades of colour are there... but now they're all grey.

Comment

If your looking at it in grey and its not surpossed to be have you checked the file mode is not greyscale?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
              It's like i'm looking at it through a black and white TV.... the different shades of colour are there... but now they're all grey.
              Are the file's colour settings set to greyscale? Maybe try changing the levels settings? Or the saturation?

Could you upload an example so I can see what the problem is?

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                from what I can read Alex has made a 304 model which he has scaled smaller than the agreed scale.

quick question for Alex...How thick are your decks, hull and bulkheads?

In my early models I never thought about the thickness of the hull and more importantly thickness of internal walls and floors.
                yes i made a 304 that fits with official 295m statements and the arguement ensued i guess... even tho i havnt been around for most of it or very involved...

adressing your Q
                nose section is just about 30m+ in height and i have 5 decks currently fitted there comfortably, outside hull thickness around the windows are roughly .5-1m thick and other plases are much thicker then that, bulk heads are 92cm thick (not including the thickness of the door just the walls themselfs)
                and i have alot of room to change things up if i want.

Comment

I've not set Greyscale on, which is the confusing bit..... I'll get some pics up later....

Comment

This might through your scaling off some what with the F-302. I used two different references for the first scale and there is no parallax to cause problems.

Stargate to F-302

Stargate = 22 feet

180 pixels/22 feet = 8.182

210 pixels/8.182 = Length of body is 25.6 feet

Beoing 747 Window to F-302

Beoing 747 Window (10" x 15") = 0.83 feet

7 pixels/0.83 feet = 8.437

210 pixels/8.437 = Length of body is 24.9 feet

Average length of body is = 25.25 feet or 7.7 meters

F-302 Length to F-302 Width

Average length of body = 25.25 feet

176 pixels/25.25 feet = 6.970

335 pixels/6.970 = Width of body is 48.1 feet

Width of Body is = 14.7 Meters

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                    yes i made a 304 that fits with official 295m statements and the arguement ensued i guess... even tho i havnt been around for most of it or very involved...
                    Official where?
                    sigpic
                    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Photoshop problem sorted... which is useful

Comment

Average length of body is = 25.25 feet or 7.7 meters
                        Width of Body is = 14.7 Meters
                        Official where?
                        first of all thank you for scaling the 302 with such a good refferece and thank you again for confirming an argument i had with Setsuna yesterday in that discussion i checked over scales with a 302 and came up wit the maximum wingspan a 302 could have so it would still fit the bays perfectly was 17m and you have now confirmed that they are 14m wide and they still fit perfectly so it doesnt throw anything off for me instead it confirmes my beliefs. 7mx14m 302s fits my bays perfectly.

and official cant remeber where i saw it but i can check.

Comment

first of all thank you for scaling the 302 with such a good refferece and thank you again for confirming an argument i had with Setsuna yesterday in that discussion i checked over scales with a 302 and came up wit the maximum wingspan a 302 could have so it would still fit the bays perfectly was 17m and you have now confirmed that they are 14m wide and they still fit perfectly so it doesnt throw anything off for me instead it confirmes my beliefs. 7mx14m 302s fits my bays perfectly.

and official cant remeber where i saw it but i can check.
                          Cool Right now I'm taking the F-302 in Intruder to find the distance in between the hanger doors to find the total width of the door.

Please
                          sigpic
                          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Cool Right now I'm taking the F-302 in Intruder to find the distance in between the hanger doors to find the total width of the door.

Please
                            Ah sweet ive been wanting to see an analasys of that for a while the 302 allways looked big to me when it exits the bay in intruder...

here are some pics of a 302 scaled to 7m x 14m outside my baydoor
                            the ships scale hasnt changed. and as you can see it fits

Comment

@bob your takin way to much of personal offence in this and my intent was not to publish an entire esse on the subject of scale but simply share what i had found during my build of this thing as it has constantly been argued here that a 295m 304 would simply be to small and nothing would fit i proved that "theory" wrong and it was def enough to sway me from being a 600m advocate to beliving what i can see with my own eyes.
                              I'm surprised I didn't see this one.

I'm taking offense? I was trying to say that your model is off from the original. I am in no way offended. As I said before in my very first post, "It has no evidence from the show that the DSC is 295 meters is the length. It just shows that the ship could be 295 meters and your model is proof of it." All that is saying is that you made a model that fits the description at 295 meters.
                              You also stated the the word "debunked" in your image which literally means that all the other scaling are false and you are correct. That is why this argument ensued, because you said this is correct and the others are false.

anyhoo im not going to argue this with you also why would i lie? and why are you accusing me of lying?
                              ill send you the model file so you can poke aroung it with your measuring tape all you like if its such a bother to you... ok?
                              Where did I said you where lying? The correct answer is nowhere. I said your model is incorrect for saying that this is the proper scale for the Daedalus.

oh what? you are using the bridge 304 schematic screen?? why are you so focused on screenshots put forth by a obviusly inadequate CG department....
                              Because they are the only factual cannon references for this ship anywhere. If they did not have that "obviusly inadequate CG department" then you wouldn't be modeling the Daedalus model you have now.

@All i did not put my findings out here to argue our bring fuel to an already heated discussion i mearly wanted to show you what i had found so you can make up your own DAMNED minds as i have in believing what i can see not was has been shoved down my throat by a semi retarded CG department... i for one "believe" in the 295m scalings what you belive is up to you.
                              Then you should have titled your statement better so to not cause confusion amongst the members.
                              sigpic
                              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

If you all don't mind i would like to re weigh in to this debate. I have searched all possible references to sizes of the BC 304's and except for fandom where I guess they would like the 304's to seem bigger than they are, the only studio or MGM references are under 300mtrs.

This is from the most recent post on the subject in the Stargate MGM forum last October

The Official Stargate- MGM Information Archive

BC - 304 (Daedalus)

Manufacturer
                                Tau'ri
                                Class
                                Technical specifications
                                Length
                                225 meters[1]

Width
                                95 meters[1]

Height/depth
                                75 meters[1]

Maximum speed
                                150,300,225 meters per second[1]
                                Engine unit(s)

* Rockets
                                * Asgard hyperdrive

Fuel

Naquadah
                                Hyperdrive system

Intergalactic/extragalactic
                                Power plant

Naquadah (present), ZPM (formerly)
                                Shielding

Asgard shields
                                Hull

Naquadah/Trinium alloy
                                Sensor systems

Asgard sensor array
                                Targeting systems

Earth targeting systems
                                Navigation system

Computer navigational systemsArmament

* Asgard beam weapons
                                * 32 Railguns
                                * 16 VLS Missile Tubes
                                * Mark III and IX nuclear missiles

Complement

16 F-302s
                                Crew

Minimum crew

Other systems

* Asgard transporters
                                * Ring transporters

Usage
                                Role(s)
                                Deep Space Carrier/Battlecruiser

Year introduced

Affiliation
                                Tau'ri

Crew

Commanding Officer
                                Colonel Steven Caldwell

Other notable crew
                                Doctor Lindsey Novak - Engineer
                                Hermiod - Asgard Advisor
                                Captain Dave Kleinman-person on Caldwell's left side.
                                Major Emma Cooper-Navigator (The Siege Pt. 3)
                                Captain Megan Cooper-Navigator (Aurora)
                                Lieutenant Colonel Pat Bishop-Navigator (Allies)
                                Captain Frank Levine ("Adrift")
                                Hawking
                                Hutchison-Daedalus security

And a conversation I had a great expense to Vancouver last November confrered these sizes were as close as possible to the 5 CGI's they used for most episodes
                                My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                                sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Working...
                                X