Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@pjOZ yes this is a US sovereign ship at the moment as it is the first to roll out. The russians will have the next and the chinese the one after that.

and as for the conversion:
    Length: 1707m
    Width: 894m
    Height: 282m

New pics. Updates and new ship(missile Ship) for updated ship. first five are updates second five are new
    Last edited by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei; 19 December 2009, 10:24 PM.
    sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

like: big humongous powercore (singularity core)

dislike: humongous engine array

Comment

even with inertial dampeners that sucker is going to have quite a bit of mass, the large engine array is needed.

here is a pic of the new ship docked with the carrier

Comment

Just a note: I believe the core needs more substance than the thin band around it.

Comment

Thin Band??????????????

The core itself is the sphere in the middle. the ring immediately around that provides containment and power collection. the thin band(i'm assuming you're talking about the outer wall) is 25 ft or 7.62m wide.
            Last edited by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei; 17 December 2009, 07:45 AM.

Comment

im inclined to agree that the middle screams of structural weakness, sure we have inertial dampeners but they can only do so much.

added a "handgun" to the "gear"
              Last edited by Alx; 17 December 2009, 09:38 AM.

Comment

ok think of it this way you have a circle that is 457m across, that circle stands 10 m tall and has a hole in the middle that is 200m across that ring is pretty stable from a sructural standpoint.

the fact that there are 24 rings that are on a perpendicular line to the ring and another large ring on parallel only help to boost the structural stability by spreading out stress points.

Comment

I seel a grey structure under the core....can we see the under part of the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                    I seel a grey structure under the core....can we see the under part of the ship.
                    a.k.a "ventral view"

Comment

Confirmed.

Comment

ok here are 2 pics of the power core it self. what you see when the ship is attached is the grey ring connecting everything.

and the part that you can see through is a focefield surrounding the main core.

Comment

Just a little note from a certified engineer. It's nice to have these uber sized ships, but structurally it is flawed. Even in space the vessel is still subject to the laws of physics and gravity. At 1.7km long, a ship of that magnitude, would have to have a mass proportional to it's volume to stop it from collapsing upon itself. In other words, once you get past a certain critical mass and size, the vessel will become almost a planetoid in itself, requiring almost a solid density to maintain integrity. To err on the side of caution, I would try and keep you extreme lengths to less than a kilometre, and proportional depths and widths, even a ship of that size is still massive. Just look down a long road, and picture a ship 800 mtrs long, that is immense.
                          I know it's sci-fi, and we can do what we please, but it would be nice if we can stay within the boundries of practicality
                          My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                          sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                            Just a little note from a certified engineer. It's nice to have these uber sized ships, but structurally it is flawed. Even in space the vessel is still subject to the laws of physics and gravity. At 1.7km long, a ship of that magnitude, would have to have a mass proportional to it's volume to stop it from collapsing upon itself. In other words, once you get past a certain critical mass and size, the vessel will become almost a planetoid in itself, requiring almost a solid density to maintain integrity. To err on the side of caution, I would try and keep you extreme lengths to less than a kilometre, and proportional depths and widths, even a ship of that size is still massive. Just look down a long road, and picture a ship 800 mtrs long, that is immense.
                            I know it's sci-fi, and we can do what we please, but it would be nice if we can stay within the boundries of practicality
                            Agreed. The ship I'm (painfully) greebling now is 705 meters long. It's so...boring!
                            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                            Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                            If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                            Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                              Agreed. The ship I'm (painfully) greebling now is 705 meters long. It's so...boring!
                              That is not boring at all LOS, compare with the CVN 78 Gerald R Ford

Displacement: approximately 100,000 long tons (approximately 101,600 metric tons) full load
                              Dimensions: 1,092' x 134' (flight deck, 256') / 332.8mtr x 40.8mtr (flight deck, 78) meters
                              Power plant: 2 nuclear reactors; 4 shafts
                              Speed: 30+ knots
                              Armament: Evolved Sea Sparrow Missile; Rolling Airframe Missile; CIWS
                              Aircraft: 75+
                              Crew: 4,660 (ship, air wing and staff)
                              My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                              sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                                That is not boring at all LOS, compare with the CVN 78 Gerald R Ford

Displacement: approximately 100,000 long tons (approximately 101,600 metric tons) full load
                                Dimensions: 1,092' x 134' (flight deck, 256') / 332.8mtr x 40.8mtr (flight deck, 78) meters
                                Power plant: 2 nuclear reactors; 4 shafts
                                Speed: 30+ knots
                                Armament: Evolved Sea Sparrow Missile; Rolling Airframe Missile; CIWS
                                Aircraft: 75+
                                Crew: 4,660 (ship, air wing and staff)
                                No, I meant doing the greebling was boring.
                                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                                Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                                If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                                Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Working...
                                X