Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol, the asgard are teh ones that like 2 hyperdrives, ancients have star drives

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

did you watch aurora???! when have the asgard used two hyperdrives??? they have two towers but that doesnt mean two hyperdrives, just two external points.
      The alterans actually have two type of hyperdrive, wheras the asgard are more advanced and have one superdrive that does both things. its the one thing the asgard have over everyone, their speed pawns everyother race in everyway.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Now this is the craft I am going to be working on for a bit. Got to make it perfect.

Slider
        Type: Strike Craft
        Technology Base: Tau'ri/Asgard/Goa'uld
        Length: 15m
        Decks: 1
        Deck Heights: 5.3m
        Construction: Trinium reinforced with Naquada
        Crew: 2

Powerplant: Two naquada reactors (see notes)

Propulsion: One hyperspace window generator (using Asgard technology)
        Two ion-based sublight engines (multi-purpose)

Weapons: 16x Ship to ship missiles (naquada injected warhead mounted on wings)
        One Energy Cannon powered by separate naquada reactor (mounted front center)
        Two railgun cannnons (mounted either side of fighter wings)

Defenses: Asgard shields

Other technology: Asgard sensor technology
        Inertial dampener

Notes:
        Two naquada reactors are incorporated into the glider, one reactor running the ships main functions including shields and the other to run the offensive capability. This meant that under combat conditions the glider did not give any less than 100% operational capability.

History:
        After the ineffectiveness of the F-302 against the Ori, a new strike craft was needed to defend humanity.
        The slider was the answer, the slider was a whole new bird, designed from scratch in joint operations with the Asgard. It was designed to be faster and more mobile than a Death Glider with a larger offensive and defensive capability.
        The Asgard began designing a way to incorporate a hyper drive into the glider and better sensors. An energy cannon was incorporated into the design with a higher energy burst due to the extra reactor allowing it to be a match for a Death Glider.

On completion of the prototype it was put to the test using Asgard controlled Death Gliders and Al’kesh, at the end of the trials both the Tau'ri and Asgard decided the glider was missing something, during multiple attacks it would fail to reach the maximum defensive capability, the answer was an Asgard shield.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
          did you watch aurora???! when have the asgard used two hyperdrives??? they have two towers but that doesnt mean two hyperdrives, just two external points.
          The alterans actually have two type of hyperdrive, wheras the asgard are more advanced and have one superdrive that does both things. its the one thing the asgard have over everyone, their speed pawns everyother race in everyway.

hehe, such a n00b

the ancient have hyperdrives, yes, but they also have stardrive for VERY fast inter galactic travel, im guessing it took them like 5 minutes to get to pegasus, now, considering how big atlantis is compared to an asgard ship...you get my point?

anywho, thor states that the beliskner has 2 hyperdrives INDICATED by the 2 things in the back(not direct quote but w.e)

and asgard technology PALES in comparison to ancient technology

in 30,000+ years the asgard could not figure out how to beat the replicators, who helped them in a few minutes, ancients(technically)

the asgard have a SMALL portion of the ancient database they extracted from one of their repositories of knowledge, and thor states that they have BARELY scratch the surfice...FROM A SMALL PORTION!!!

asgard are wtf omg n00bz compared to ancients kk?

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

Right, im not having this argument again, YES the anceints are seriosuly advanced but thier hyperdrive technology is less advanced than the asgard. The Asgard can move anywhere they want without any restrictions, the alterans have to swap between inter and intra galactic drives, what does this tell us, that the alterans do not have a hyperdrive system capable of both forms of travel. the asgard do. so the asgard, in term of hyperdrvie speed are fastest and the more advanced, and thor says two verticle ion propulsion thrusters located at the rear of the ship. i just watched the episode last night.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            11000! green me

Comment

Sorry AJT but the bahumet is fanwank...its got a nice storyline but it is a ship that smaller than the deadalus, has alteran shield, 4 hyperdrives, phaseshifting that doesnt exist, 2 weapons that dont even fit on the Asgard ships let alone our ones and to top it off you have a crew of 1000 people...its total fanwank
              sigpic
              11000! green me

Comment

Right, im not having this argument again, YES the anceints are seriosuly advanced but thier hyperdrive technology is less advanced than the asgard. The Asgard can move anywhere they want without any restrictions, the alterans have to swap between inter and intra galactic drives, what does this tell us, that the alterans do not have a hyperdrive system capable of both forms of travel. the asgard do. so the asgard, in term of hyperdrvie speed are fastest and the more advanced, and thor says two verticle ion propulsion thrusters located at the rear of the ship. i just watched the episode last night.
                I have to disagree with you here. Think of it like a car engine. Just becase we can build an engine capable of 2000 hp doesn't mean we should install it in every car we build. You taylor the engine to the intended use of the vehicle.

The Aurora was probly built to defend an Ancient star system and not intended for regular ftl outside its home system. Because of this, it was equiped with a slower, likelly easier to build and more efficient hyperdrive. The difference in speed when travelling inside a single system would be unnoticable.

By the time Aurora was sent on it's final mission, the war was nearly over and most of the Ancient's fleet of ships had been lost. The Aurora was not suited to such a far-flung mission. It is likelly that other ships in the Ancients fleet had been built with faster hyperdrives, even other Aurora class ships. Personally, I think the Orion has one of these faster designes, though it hasn't been mentioned either way.

When compared to the Asgard's current hyperdrive technology, I'd guess that both societies have reached the speed limits hyperdrive's are capable of, though the Ancient design is probly a more effective, and less power-hungry design than the current Asgard technology. Also, we have only seen a handfull of Asgard ships, it is highly likelly they to build ships with slower hyperdrives when the intended use doesn't require a faster design.

Star drive is just a general term used to describe any ftl engine, it isn't a different kind of technology. Another example of this is Star Trek tng. The Enterprise in that series could seperate into to ships, one called the Saucer Section, the other the Star Drive section, were the ftl warp drive was. In some episodes it was also called the Engineering section.

Comment

well, if the prometheus and deadalus were battleships, the next one we build should be the equivalent of an aircraft carrier. 4-6 times as big but with only roughly the same firepower. It would be big and slow and carry a crapload of fighter-interceptors. and of course, 300 deathstars and a superweapon capable of destroying the universe.
                  MASSIVE SPOIERS TO FOLLOW: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
                  Spoiler:
                  Snape kills Dumbledore
                  Spoiler:
                  Darth Vader is Luke's Father
                  Spoiler:
                  Rosebud is a sled
                  Spoiler:
                  Bruce Willis' character was a ghost
                  Spoiler:
                  The planet of the apes is actually Earth
                  Spoiler:
                  The two guys in Fight Club are the same guy
                  Spoiler:
                  Clark Kent is Superman
                  Spoiler:
                  What? You were expecting Stargate Spoilers?

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Comment

i also have to disagree with you. atlantis has a galactic drive capable of interstellar and intergalactic hyperdrive. this means they can move anywhere they want, with no restrictions. what does this tell us? you are wrong about the ancients not having a drive that can do both.
                    i'm guessing that when powered by 3 zpm's, it is capable of hyperspace speeds that not even the asgard can match. unless the asgard use ZPM tech, i doubt that they could travel that fast. just because the ancients didn't equip all their ships with intergalactic hyperdrive capability, doesn't mean they were less advanced. the ancients on the aurora were able to mathematically figure out a way to upgrade the intersteller hyperdrive, into a full on intergalactic one. could the asgard do that? probably. but then again, probably not.
                    if you faced an enemy who were as ruthless as the wraith, who would expand and could possibly advance to other galaxies, would you equip all your ships with IGHD? i sure as hell wouldn't. i would have ordered all IGHD capable craft to evacuate back to earth a long time ago, and to stay there. if they got captured, then that is it. other galaxies would then become a target. could you live with that? maybe, maybe not. but the ancients couldn't.
                    the replicators captured an asgard vessel with an IGHD. thats how they managed to get out of the galaxy where the asgard were and into the milky way. not very responsible though huh?
                    besides, from what has been seen in the show, how is ancient hyperdrive technology less advanced than asgard hyperdrive technology? there has been nothing in the show to decide this. the ancients didn't need to have every vessel capable of intergalactic HD. they had the stargates. i'm sure there have been many threads with regards to who has the best HD tech. in short, it's ancient, not asgard. until this is disproven in the show, we must assume otherwise.
                    strength must be balanced with sweetness of temperament

Comment

I disagree, but its just my opinion, i have always considered the anceints the best race. but hyperdrives and beaming technolgy they will IMO. and your right on one thing, if the ancients had the stargates why would the bother going all out with their hyperdrive technology, the asgard have to travel all over the place all the time to enforce the PPT...the ancients never had the responsibilities of the asgard IMO.
                      There is no doubt though, that the Tauri ARE going to eventually become the best race in the universe for speed, we have asgard and alteran hyperdrive to study now, a hyperbrid of them in the distant future will surely make us faster than them both.
                      Same with the shield technology.
                      All we need is a power source that is equal to the technolgy were messing about with we would already be able to do alot more with what we have..Eg take atlantis in to space, over to earth and study it in saftey.
                      sigpic
                      11000! green me

Comment

lol, we should just end the agrument that the ancients created the stargate system, they had the resources to put stargates on million, billion, possibly even trillions of planet around the universe(ida, milky way, pegasus, and maybe more)

anywho, it has been stated several time in the show that the ancient are the most advanced race

now, how is there evidence that the ancients suck in beaming tech? their elevators(so to speak) in atlantis are beaming tech, im sure their ships had beaming tech like asgards did, who cares though, you make someone come up or down, left or right with a beaming device, what is there to advanced once you have a method of doing it?

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

We don't know the extent of the Ancients teleportation technology. We do know they had it as seen in Atlantis and the Sodan's home world.

Who has the most advance hd/beaming tech between the asgard and ancients is somewhat irrelivant in the long run. The Asgard are here, the ancients aren't.

My belief that the Ancient's tech is supperior is stricktly because the show has always portrayed the Ancients as the most advanced race in all respects, and never offered even a hint to the contrary. That doesn't mean that another race like the Asgard or, in time, Earth can't match, or eventually surpass ancient technology. Further, in New Order Thor mentioned the Asgard once looked into an Ancient repository of knowledge, and were as overwhelmed by its technology as we are. This happened before Atlantis had been discovered, which means that repository was made around the time Atlantis left for Pegasus, if not before. The technology held within would be several million years older than the Ancient's technology at the end of their civilization.

Comment

Here I am again...

Nimrod-class Frigate
                            Dimensions:
                            - Length: 200m
                            - Height: 80m
                            - Width: 125m
                            Power:
                            - Ship-class Naquadah Reactor
                            Propulsion:
                            - 2 Ion Drives
                            - Asgard-designed Hyperdrive
                            Weapons:
                            - 6 Rail Guns
                            - Mark VIII Naquadah Warheads
                            - Anti-Fighter Weapons
                            Defenses:
                            - Trinium/Titanium Armour
                            - Asgard-designed Shield
                            - Cloaking System
                            Misc. Technology:
                            - Ring Systems
                            - Asgard Sensors
                            - Asgard Beam Technology
                            - Inertial Dampeners (need I mention these?)

The Nimrod-class Frigate, named after the biblical hunter, was designed for fast production for the war against the Ori. The class was designed to be able to be mass produced with four at a time by modifying the one of the production sites for the 304s for Nimrod-class production.
                            This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

My First Ship

* Name: LBS-Vaira
                              * Technology Base: Tau'ri/Asgard/Goa'uld
                              * Type: Light frigate
                              * Length: 50meters
                              * Decks: 2
                              * Crew: 26 (maximum capacity 80)
                              * Construction: Trinium hull.
                              * Power plant: 2x naquada reactors.
                              * Propulsion:
                              --- Two ion-based sublight drives
                              --- One Asgard hyperspace window generator
                              --- 2x maneuvering thrusters.
                              * Shields: N/A
                              * Weapons:
                              --- 1x 150mm Railgun
                              --- 4x vertical missile launch silos
                              * Transportation:
                              --- Rings
                              --- Asgard beaming tech
                              * Fighters: 2x F-302’s
                              * Sensors: Asgard sensors

The First Latvian spacecraft deigned for relocation of the most important Latvian people if the ori succeed destroying earth. The ship is named after the current Latvian president and now belongs to Latvian Armed Forces (LBS) which is the leading military structure in LV.
                              Last edited by SuperLatvian; 11 July 2006, 09:10 AM.

Comment

wow. A carrier with 2 F-302's ??

Comment

Working...
                                X