X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
    Sweet landing gear.....
    Thanks I'm not too keen on the 'feet' though, should I join the side ones together so there are two 'feet' but six 'legs'?
    Last edited by Experiment 442; 04 September 2009, 01:58 PM.
    Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Experiment 442 View Post
      Been messing with it for about two hours.

Spoiler:
      Landing gear for hangarbay on Aria, one set of them, there will be a total of four.

In position:

Spoiler:

Pulled up:

Spoiler:

Insparation
      nice look, I thought I had seen them before...was watching the outlander dvd on monday. Have you seen it?

sigpic

Comment

Nope, typed in 'sci-fi landing gear' into google images and found it

Is it a good film?
        Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
          good looking on the lighting 442 i intend to start tinkering with that myself pretty soon

Sneak Peak X - 305
          Spoiler:

new model i built yesterday
          She is 1040m from bow to stern.

That looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
            That looks good.
            Thank you! allways great to recieve a positive responce thanks!

Comment

You're adding angles in ways they are frequently used on the current Tauri designs while at the same time maintaining the traditional and familar box style that both the prometheus and the daedalus have utilized. I think the box style ships are fundamental to how knew the technology and design of building starships is for the Tauri. They don't over design, but by you adding a few angles shows they are starting to take steps toward style. It sets the ship just a one design ahead of Daedalus.

Yeah, this is only second ship here that has really caught me attention. Good work indeed Alx.

Comment

Hey guys...I was noticing RJB's ship had the detail on the ship that shows a window like the one we see on the inside of the bridge, on the structure behind the missle bays.

Now I looked...

here....http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...a%3DN%26um%3D1

and zoomed in to see that he chose the right place...that is indeed where the window is and bridge.
                Since that is the case...
                then it is possible to accurately scale the ship from height of that window.

Comment

You're adding angles in ways they are frequently used on the current Tauri designs while at the same time maintaining the traditional and familar box style that both the prometheus and the daedalus have utilized. I think the box style ships are fundamental to how knew the technology and design of building starships is for the Tauri. They don't over design, but by you adding a few angles shows they are starting to take steps toward style. It sets the ship just a one design ahead of Daedalus.

Yeah, this is only second ship here that has really caught me attention. Good work indeed Alx.
                  thanks m8! im real glad you liked it! and yes i was heading in that direction and adding in bits and pieces from asgard influences to make it look like the next Logical step in Tau'ri ship design!

Comment

Hey guys...I was noticing RJB's ship had the detail on the ship that shows a window like the one we see on the inside of the bridge, on the structure behind the missle bays.

Now I looked...

and zoomed in to see that he chose the right place...that is indeed where the window is and bridge.
                    Um, I believe that you cant get an image with the resolution to scale properly, Try the f-302 coming out of the hanger bay
                    sigpic
                    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Now I looked...

indded i would agree to that!

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                        Um, I believe that you cant get an image with the resolution to scale properly, Try the f-302 coming out of the hanger bay
                        Actually I mean just using RJB's model and scaling it propperly with those windows in mind. You see those windows are the one window we know exist and it's consistently shown. I think that window would show that the design is indeed around 500 meters.

Comment

Actually I mean just using RJB's model and scaling it propperly with those windows in mind. You see those windows are the one window we know exist and it's consistently shown. I think that window would show that the design is indeed around 500 meters.
                          The proportions are not correct to the shows model
                          sigpic
                          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

DSC-305 weapon tests shakedown cruise
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Caldwell is 1.87 meters tall. 6.5 feet.
                              The window is about 3.5 feet from the floor so I'd say the deck is about eight of nine feet tall.

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                                The proportions are not correct to the shows model
                                Precision is unnecessary but it is desirable.
                                A precise model can be made from the visuals from the show of each section and then matched in program.

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                                DSC-305 weapon tests shakedown cruise
                                Spoiler:

TITAN...nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X