X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there has been.

prommy VS a hive????

hive is officially 11km. infact, in the Allies comparison (on their little chart) the deadalus is 1km long.

mostly a hive is depicted as 5-7 km.

prommy is indeed smaller than a 304.

also, in Last man the phoenix crashed into one of the belly "disks". now, take a look at a hive, and you see it's quite big

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
      Really!? 750 meters?!
      Has there been a page for scaling?
      Yeah there was a seperate thread.
      A wraith hive ship is bigger than 1km long...

sigpic

Comment

Was there a canon quote?

Comment

650m is the average size of a 304.

In the CG block of stargate, they have set scalings of the ships. They redo the scalings to make a bigger impact to the view to make a ship either look powerful, by making it look huge compared to another ship. Or they scale it down so that the watcher gets the feeling that so and so are powerless against this thing. Boberth did calculations that put the ship around 600-700m.
          Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
          sigpic

Comment

I always say that the 304 is 630m long.

sigpic

Comment

This could very well be wrong.
              Spoiler:

If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
              Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
              If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
              Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I looked at the Stargate Wiki and it said 200 to 255 meters long.

That was the range I set it as or around 300 meters. Fighters never looked like specs in the 304 bays and I can't personally see a reason for a bay nearly 30 meters tall for 3.5 meter tall fighters.

Comment

That picture says the wraith cruiser is 332 meters long (provided by CAD)
                  It also says the 304 is 334 meters long with out the antenae.

If the 304 were 600 meters long exactly from tip of antenae to stern the windows out be 2 meters tall....a 6' foot tall man.

Comment

We, the modellers of GW, stick to the scales our trusted sources have calculated. A hive is, most of the time, put to around 10km long. A cruiser about 1km. A 304 about 600m. A 302 is about 20m in width.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                      I looked at the Stargate Wiki and it said 200 to 255 meters long.

That was the range I set it as or around 300 meters. Fighters never looked like specs in the 304 bays and I can't personally see a reason for a bay nearly 30 meters tall for 3.5 meter tall fighters.
                      saquist, never, i repeat never trust stargate wiki!!!

it is a wiki so anybody can edit it, and they do...I have seen some really bad info on there.

sigpic

Comment

Further scaling shows that at 334 meters (from antenae to stern) all the portholes become about a metter tall. This still seems a bit large but yet not likely. The 255 meters seems very likely.

Originally posted by Experiment 442 View Post
                        We, the modellers of GW, stick to the scales our trusted sources have calculated. A hive is, most of the time, put to around 10km long. A cruiser about 1km. A 304 about 600m. A 302 is about 20m in width.

I understand.
                        I was able to accurately scale the Millenium Falcon at 40 meters long.
                        The New Enterprise from the movie was scaled at almost 1,000 meters long, 700 meters and 300 meters in multiple scenes. The scenes of the ship on the ground was most likely the propper scale at around 350 to 370 meters long. In space the scale was much much larger.

Later they admited to working loosely with the ships size.

I personally prefer a precise standard when I'm designing ships in universe.
                        Many ships are scalable because they've often given away very terristrial features.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                          saquist, never, i repeat never trust stargate wiki!!!

it is a wiki so anybody can edit it, and they do...I have seen some really bad info on there.
                          Yes...It's 302 page (The x version) is noted at 75 meters long.... I don't think so.

Event the F-302 is five meters tall. At most it is 4 meters. I logged easily 3.5 and likely less since the gentleman standing on top of the fighter is likely less than 6' tall. Most air force pilots are short just to fit in the cockpit.

This was an example of two comparison scaling efforts to determine the size of the Enterprise from abrams movie. The radials are matching the perspective of both images together.

I was able to use the typical height of a woman to estimate the height of the Landing craft which was then related to the height of the shuttles in the shuttle bay. A vertical length was taken from the top of the bay opening to the bottom of the opening and we easily found 900 meters plus.

They confirmed they scaled the shuttle bay scenes up. So the process is pretty accurate. I could do the same thing with the many Stargate scenes.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Saquist; 31 August 2009, 12:41 PM.

Comment

One of the few window to space shots of the Oddy....
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Please try to clean your posts into two at the most. Three is in the spamming section a bit. Just keep it in mind for later on.
                              sigpic

Comment

Here's Prometheus 2.0 with some texture. I'm about 90% done.

Spoiler:

All progress shots can be found here.
                                Visit my Website

Comment

Working...
                                X