This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
    Oh, give him a break. Everyone makes mistakes.
    sorry i didnt mean to come of as a "know it all" its just i know my Trivia very well (way to much free time = 74 views of every ep of SG) im such a nerd
    Anyway didnt want to offend anyone!

Comment

engines are at the rear of the ship, from memory.

leave any questions you want and I will answer them tomorrow morning...gonna spend the evening with the misses.

sigpic

Comment

great idea

www.darkarmada.nl
        www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
          engines are at the rear of the ship, from memory.

leave any questions you want and I will answer them tomorrow morning...gonna spend the evening with the misses.

There was only one aft view but I really couldn't see any sign of an engine port...maybe it's just too dark.

Comment

here is an idea witch i played around with for awhile but it has since been abandoned but i figured i'd show it of..

Spoiler:

Originally it was an idea for a 305 but i moved on to another design.

Comment

It looks good. A speedy version of the Daedulus Design. The perspective views do the design greater justice than the orthographic views.

I know many of us are new at the design thing but I'm really begining to see a Daedalus trend in about 90 percent of the designs so far. Daedalus apparently has a long neck, fighter bays flanking the main hull, rail guns, and a cluster of engines in the rear.

I completely understand why Daeduls isn't a specialized warship. It's one of the first Taur'i ships so logically they have to do a little of everything. Yet I can't help but wonder if they're really going to expand they're fleet would not there be a carrier class like Merlins ship above. I figure the Daedalus if still in production would be an escourt carrier.

Well, wouldn't that mean we'd need a Destroyer, Battleship, frigates and cruisers that would specialize in Missles, Rail guns and beams and etc? I could understand limited fighter operations like a bay to handle five fighters for cruiser escourt but it seems the daedulus' use of fighter has established SOP for Stargate in much the same way the Sovereign style has done for Star Trek.

It would be intresting to break free of those ....sterotypes...(I guess)
              Just a thought really.

Comment

Have you not seen some modeler's fleets my friend? A few people have nearly everything and go back to them to change something, sometimes twice' *cough* SDL *cough* ' I've restarted my fleet after my computer was killed off so i've got the firestorm class cruiser, the Aria class flagship... I need to expand on my fleet somewhat...
                Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                sigpic

Comment

or thrice.....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

i currently have a quite large diverse fleet with specialized vessels aswell as multifunctinal vessels but IMO multifunction is the way to go!

i would like to think that being prepared for any and all scenerios is a good thing also having a large fleet cruising around with say a carrier two destroyers and other smaller support vessels is hardly cost effective in the long run and sending a sole single purpose vessel into space (witch is basicly hostile territory when you think about it) doesnt seem like an awesome idea to me..

But you make a good point and a large diverse fleet is always more fun then a small one

Comment

Makes multi-purpose ships too much of a target in all out war. Missile Jaggers (Destroyers) don't work well at close range. Battleships don't work that well at long range. Its good to have vessels for one task each, it frees up the task force.

It's not a matter of fun, it's a matter of function.
                      sigpic

Comment

still imo a cheap massproduced multifunction vessel is the way to go perhaps even with modular design so it can handle diffrent tasks. also a smaller/cheaper/faster multifunction vessel can be prouduced in a huge quantity compared to capital ships and with a huge amount of smaller vessels we could just overpower an enemy by shear numbers such as the wraith did with the lanteans.

(im one of those who thinks there is something to say about brute force as it has won all the wars that has been faught on this planet as of yet!)

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                          still imo a cheap massproduced multifunction vessel is the way to go perhaps even with modular design so it can handle diffrent tasks. also a smaller/cheaper/faster multifunction vessel can be prouduced in a huge quantity compared to capital ships and with a huge amount of smaller vessels we could just overpower an enemy by shear numbers such as the wraith did with the lanteans.
                          I agree...two or three smaller ships with a combined strength of around that of a DSC-304 is much more logical than just producing a single DSC-304

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                            (im one of those who thinks there is something to say about brute force as it has won all the wars that has been faught on this planet as of yet!)
                            Israil survived a war when surrounded by four other territories all wanting Israil dead. They survived and pushed out then took the Giza Strip. That's what all the News was going on about. Israil never started that conflict though, they were just defending themselves. As they were recently, the first missle landed in Israil after the peace was broken.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Experiement 442 View Post
                              Israil survived a war when surrounded by four other territories all wanting Israil dead. They survived and pushed out then took the Giza Strip. That's what all the News was going on about. Israil never started that conflict though, they were just defending themselves. As they were recently, the first missle landed in Israil after the peace was broken.
                              Dont even get me started on ISRAEL they wouldnt have been able to do jack if they didnt have the support of the US! and IMO that is what screwed up the middle east! bad example! ISRAEL = were Apartheid lives again..
                              btw how would you feel if a bunch of people came to your country after a devestaing horrible war and declared that "this is our land now" wouldnt you your sons and their sons be pissed for generations to come?

Back on topic!
                              you cant change my oppinion about this! and im glad to see Dr Lee thinking along these same lines

Comment

I love going back and finishing my WIP ships. Makes my large fleet even larger.
                                Visit my Website

Comment

Working...
                                X