Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, considering you have 8 weapons(lets say rail guns) and an asgard nuetrino reactor, it'd actually be way better then the daedalus with its 4 rail guns and well, i unno some primitive power source compared to a asgard nuetrino reactor

that reactor could probaly power the sheild to withstand like 10-20 shots from ori pwnage cannon

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master
      I'm not sure having only one launch bay is tactically adviseable. If that bay door is damaged beyond functioning, then that thing is defenseless, or at least a big liability with such reduced offensive capability. And if it's crazy commander decides to ram a target, then there will be no other way to evacuate the crew in the smaller craft then right into the target. Launching all your forces in one direction, then they can all be destroyed in one fell swoop. Diagonal and lateral launch vectors makes it much more unpredictable and tactically versatile.
      its not adviseable. First you want to get your fighters out into the fight ASAP. if you only have one door to launch them from it will take forever to get them out. Second if they all come out the same way what is to stop the enemy flak friget from just shredding every fighter as it comes out the FRONT hatch.

"Pillar's new album The Reckoning will be in stores October 3rd!"
      http://starships-rpg.com/enlist.php?recruiter=Northern

Comment

Originally posted by Thepillarfreak
        Second if they all come out the same way what is to stop the enemy flak friget from just shredding every fighter as it comes out the FRONT hatch.
        Ah. Good point! It's like the Normandy invasion all over again. Soldiers trying to get out of the boat, but all of them are being mowed down.

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
          Ah. Good point! It's like the Normandy invasion all over again. Soldiers trying to get out of the boat, but all of them are being mowed down.
          Ya that is exactly my point what is to stop them from killing them as they come out the front.

Comment

how's that for you? still has 8 guns, but they're more like point defence rather then anything capable of doing sufficient damage to big ships, might have a good chance against a frigate, other then that...well, no lol

anywho, engine located in the back of the hangard, then there is a bridge(like you walk across) kinda thingy, has basic crew quarters, mess hall, etc(engine room you know), and the bridge is on the top

sorry it is a load of crap lol, just quik drawing

the hangard are ment to look like the ones from the dsc-304, maybe a bit bigger to hold up to...64? maybe 80 302s total, then maybe a small 4 302 hangar under the part that bridges the 2 hangars together...just an idea, whatya think?

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

Ya that is exactly my point what is to stop them from killing them as they come out the front.
              the eight rail guns and the ships asgard designed shields. Do you have any changes you'd like to make to my basic design to improve it. Because if you do I'd love to hear about it.
              Last edited by Daryl Froggy; 26 June 2006, 04:43 AM.

Comment

well maby there is the stuff you should have realized like mulitple hatches.

Comment

i beleive it'd be better to make them less of rail guns, but maybe more of...point defence perfected felgar cannon

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

Originally posted by mburrows
                    i beleive it'd be better to make them less of rail guns, but maybe more of...point defence perfected felgar cannon
                    How about point defense rail-guns. Felgar cannons will most likely never be seen again on either show. I'm not even sure we'll see Felgar again.

well maby there is the stuff you should have realized like mulitple hatches.
                    I still don't see why multiple hatches are that much better than my single hangar door. The carrier should never be put into a situation where large "caliber" weapons would be able to pick off fighters comeing out its hold. None of the Daedalus classes have had that problem, even when they only carried fighters in one bay.

Originally posted by mburrows
                    the hangard are ment to look like the ones from the dsc-304, maybe a bit bigger to hold up to...64? maybe 80 302s total, then maybe a small 4 302 hangar under the part that bridges the 2 hangars together...just an idea, whatya think?
                    Your ship looks like it would break after the first shot was fired at it. But that's mainly because of that little link-up thing between your two, really small, hangars. With my design I was trying to get away from a catamaran or trimaran type hull configuration while also massively improving its fighter carrying capabilities. What's stopping the enemy from fragging all of your ships fighters when the leave your hangars? IMO the answer is that carriers shouldn't be at the front lines in battle. That position belongs to the 304's and other warship types.

I think my design could handle 100+ F-302's and still have room for a Tel'Tak to land inside while launching fighters at virtually the same time. If I made many smaller hangars in the same hull I wouldn't have that option.

Comment

yo. this is just a small update to my serpant class cruiser modle. i have done the panneling to make it look more realistic. now i just have to add the finer details and add color and im done!

Comment

Your ship looks like it would break after the first shot was fired at it. But that's mainly because of that little link-up thing between your two, really small, hangars. With my design I was trying to get away from a catamaran or trimaran type hull configuration while also massively improving its fighter carrying capabilities. What's stopping the enemy from fragging all of your ships fighters when the leave your hangars? IMO the answer is that carriers shouldn't be at the front lines in battle. That position belongs to the 304's and other warship types.

I think my design could handle 100+ F-302's and still have room for a Tel'Tak to land inside while launching fighters at virtually the same time. If I made many smaller hangars in the same hull I wouldn't have that option.

well, then you're just copying my fc-350 design, go back a bunch of pages, it is there somewhere

-mike

ps: nice joke, 304 a warship hahaha

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

JRPR, that ship is looking great. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Comment

Can someone repost the pic of the O'Daedakus?

Best Stargate quote:
                            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                            Green is your friend.

Comment

JRPR nice looking ship. can you repost your discription for it cause i dont know where it is in the thread

Comment

ill get the odeadakus in a sec=)

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

Working...
                                X