Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, the ion engines are obvious, but the multi-function turrets aren't so clear. i think they are the obvious next step in tau'ri tech, but the judges may think otherwise. therefore, the challange commissioner should make a decision.
    sigpic

Spoiler:
    Originally posted by IMDB
    Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
    Hehe

Comment

beams can be shot in real short burst, and if you fire enough bolts it are beams

www.darkarmada.nl
      www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

exactly, it's a simple matter of how you release the energy. kinda like switching you'r m16 from single to burst. but the judges might not see it that way.
        sigpic

Spoiler:
        Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
        Hehe

Comment

if you just explain it that way I'll back you for I use the same thing

www.darkarmada.nl
          www.runescape.com

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
            if you just explain it that way I'll back you for I use the same thing
            sigpic

Spoiler:
            Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
              The purpose isn't the technology it's the ship you create with it.
              don't you think creating a new ship to do something the current ones already do good enough without a new tech feels kinda.. meh?
              sigpic

Spoiler:
              Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                I interpreted the rules as if the target race haven't demonstrated the tech, it's not allowed. i tried to ask you if thats what you meant, boberth, but you just said to read the rules. if you're telling me i missunderstood, then hey, that stuff happens.
                And

well, the ion engines are obvious, but the multi-function turrets aren't so clear. i think they are the obvious next step in tau'ri tech, but the judges may think otherwise. therefore, the challange commissioner should make a decision.
                I thought it was clear, If it's in the show then it's good, if it is not then don't use it unless it is expressed in the challenge rules.

In Show = Yes
                Not In Show = No

It's as easy as that.
                sigpic
                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

which makes it boring to make new ships, since you can't improve on the current ones.
                  sigpic

Spoiler:
                  Hehe

Comment

you know, I explain his post as, pulse weapons and beam weapons have been seen in show, and they seem similar, SO we CAN use them in one weapon

You just have to explain the rules the way you need them

www.darkarmada.nl
                    www.runescape.com

Comment

which makes it boring to make new ships, since you can't improve on the current ones.
                      There are so many different types of technology in the show. You shouldn't have a problem with tech, if you want to find more of it go to the "Omnipedia" section and look at stuff. It should be easy.
                      sigpic
                      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

well, since it's a Tau'ri destroyer, that narrows it down. any tech earth isn't shown to have in the show, should be illegal by current formulation of the rules. if they mean by any race, however, why not build a ship with 5 dronelaunchers and 20 wraith cullingstorages full of drones? it'll destroy things, thats for sure.
                        sigpic

Spoiler:
                        Hehe

Comment

well, since it's a Tau'ri destroyer, that narrows it down. any tech earth isn't shown to have in the show, should be illegal by current formulation of the rules. if they mean by any race, however, why not build a ship with 5 dronelaunchers and 20 wraith cullingstorages full of drones? it'll destroy things, thats for sure.
                          take this for example, all the technology that we have in Atlantis is fair game. It's our base and we use the technology sort of thing. . . . .
                          sigpic
                          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

We the Tau'ri have access to those technologies thus we can use it, if we salvage those technologies we CAN use them.

www.darkarmada.nl
                            www.runescape.com

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                              take this for example, all the technology that we have in Atlantis is fair game. It's our base and we use the technology sort of thing. . . . .
                              rendering the tech rule meaningless, since the atlantis database is larger than the frikkin internet, adn could include everything from a weapon that could destroy the multiverse, to the blueprints of the wraithhive restrooms...
                              sigpic

Spoiler:
                              Hehe

Comment

tjoflojt...or as i am now calling you, flo.

The idea of energy pulses is in the show the goauld use cannons and the Asgard did.
                                My ship has energy cannons that will fire bursts of energy. My penthetor fighter has small energy based weapons which are the ship based evoloution of the x-699...which fires busts of energy.

You have to explain in your write up the technology and its new use; for example my carrier used the tractor beam tech used by the Asgard to tow the Prometheus in a new way...to guide in fighters. My first ship used the beaming tech to mine for ore.

the technology is in the show, just use it in a new way.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X