This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
    Ooh. Interesting design Gen. Finley. seems more like a typical science fiction shuttle than a bomber to me though. How long is it and how far is mid-range? Also is there anything interesting about this alternate reality other than your bomber?

Anywho here are some preliminary Iso views of yet another Earth cargo ship. Its current designation is
    Hopstitch and its dimensions are;

Length-31.25m
    Width~11.47m
    Height-7.75m

By some recent miracles in Asgard/Earth hybrid design the
    Hopstitch is capable of achieving Hyperspace speeds similar to the 304 however due to its much smaller size and reactors it must stop to rest and refuel far more often. Even with this limitation the Hopstitch can make the journey from Earth to Pegasus in just two jumps with a four hour cool off period near the middle of the intergalactic transit. Within either galaxy it can make nearly identical jumps to the Daedalus class enabling it to respond quickly to SG teams that require hyperspace transit, or beaming support. By those same miracles in hybridization the Hopstitch also was a fully operational Asgard beaming array, though it can only be pointed one relatively small area at a time.

Spoiler:
    The reson it looks more like a scifi shuttle is because it was originally planned to be used as a shuttle to take people between the sol system, the centuri system, the Barnard's system, and the wolf system. It had to be quickly converted into a bomber to face the goa'uld threat to the colonies of the tauri. its internal passenger bays were converted into gase chambers to hold the Argon gas that is the main component of the Tauri plasma weapons and bomb bays to hold several Naquadah enhanced tritium Nuclear bombs. Its maximum travel distance is roughly 78.02 light years and has one of the Tauri's older hyperdrives. It is only used in hit and run tactics against goa'uld planets capable of targeting stargates for maximum damage. It is 20 meters in length and 9 meters in depth, and 12 meters in width.

For your second question about if ther is anything else interesting, the main battle ships that the tauri have, the Gunstars are more like the goa'uld mother ships then the tauri vessles of this universe, I will post a pic of the tauri's first Gunstar with hyperdrives soon. And in the pegasus galaxy the Genii, the travelers, and the Asgard have formed and Alliance to try and corrdinate an attack on as many resting hives as posssible I will post a pic of the Alliances main ship soon too.
    sigpic
    Alt Reality Stargate Fanfic Click and coment
    STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

Originally posted by General_Finley View Post
      The reson it looks more like a scifi shuttle is because it was originally planned to be used as a shuttle to take people between the sol system, the centuri system, the Barnard's system, and the wolf system. It had to be quickly converted into a bomber to face the goa'uld threat to the colonies of the tauri. its internal passenger bays were converted into gase chambers to hold the Argon gas that is the main component of the Tauri plasma weapons and bomb bays to hold several Naquadah enhanced tritium Nuclear bombs. Its maximum travel distance is roughly 78.02 light years and has one of the Tauri's older hyperdrives. It is only used in hit and run tactics against goa'uld planets capable of targeting stargates for maximum damage. It is 20 meters in length and 9 meters in depth, and 12 meters in width.

For your second question about if ther is anything else interesting, the main battle ships that the tauri have, the Gunstars are more like the goa'uld mother ships then the tauri vessles of this universe, I will post a pic of the tauri's first Gunstar with hyperdrives soon. And in the pegasus galaxy the Genii, the travelers, and the Asgard have formed and Alliance to try and corrdinate an attack on as many resting hives as posssible I will post a pic of the Alliances main ship soon too.
      Actually what I meant by my second question was what your alternate reality is like in the history of both the technical aspects and the human aspects. You've given me a few hints when you were talking about your bomber. However I would like to hear more about the alternate reality directly in any case.

Comment

This is a new nonstargate battle cruiser im working on. Its powered by a nuclear reactor and it engins are 6 nuclear powered rockets. One is with a hanger deck the other is without

Spoiler:
        Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
          This is a new nonstargate battle cruiser im working on. Its powered by a nuclear reactor and it engins are 6 nuclear powered rockets. One is with a hanger deck the other is without

Spoiler:
          I like it so much, I give green.
          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
            Actually what I meant by my second question was what your alternate reality is like in the history of both the technical aspects and the human aspects. You've given me a few hints when you were talking about your bomber. However I would like to hear more about the alternate reality directly in any case.
            Also from the Alternate reality in the Pegasus, were the wraith were never awoken by us and still remain dormant, the Genii, Traveler, and Asgard Alliance have plotted to destroy the wraith while they sleep, this is ther most advanced vessle.
            It has one main cannon in the front but two large secondary cannons, it uses Traveler beam weapons and shields but Asgard hyperdrives and beaming tech, it also comes with a full compliment of Genii nukes ready for beaming.

Spoiler:

the back

Oh, okay, I see what you mean. Well here it goes,
            Milky Way
            Spoiler:
            After the original mission through the stargate the government decided it was to dangerous and barried it, because of this Apophis never came through to our world and the SGC was never formed. at the same time on Abydos Daniel and the other Abydonians had kept a hold of several of the staff weapons just in case and when Apophis came through they succesfully killed him and all of his jaffa (Including teal'c) this second power vacume resaulted in a four way war between the system lords Baal, Sokar, Heru'ur, and the rising Quitesh. In the end much of Apophises former domain was taken by Heru'ur, but the domain of the fallen system lord Sokar was divided up between Baal and Quitesh. Mean while back on earth the time line contiues much as it has in our reality with the exception that Jack wgo now has a new sense of worth is now the proud father of twins, Sheppard died in the Iraq war while attempting to retrieve several trapped soliders for his valiant efforts he was given the medal of honor. the world continued to progress along the same lines as in our reality, in 2022 China fractured into three nations, in 2030 Russias war with Poland ended terribally for the former Super power, with no other super powers the US began to decline as there was no longer a need to advance as the American people had no threats to them, This changed after Turkey United the Islamic Nations and achieved the H-bomb, but this was not the only immerging super power Japan and Poland were carving a name for them selves. The US Began research into directed energy wepons along with the tritium bomb, and they began the Construction of the Gunstar Class space craft. then in 2041 in November the Japanes launched a strick against the US Gunstars, destroying all but one.In the end the Combined forces of the US and Poland beat the Turks and the Japanes. The war opened up the development of new technologies, the Carter Bioformer package a bomb filled with chemicals and bio matter that when droped on an area that was barren perhaps caused by an nuclear explosion would soon become furtile and green. this would be used to set up the first colony on Mars. The US began to spread its power threw out the sol sytem colonizing Mars, Venus, Titan, Europa, and creating a number of space station colonies. In 2110 twelve years after the death of the Nobel prize winning Rodney McKay plans wer found for a hyperdrive amongst his things, when combined with Carters hyperdrive plans they clicked and infact allowed for the development ot the first hyperdrive. In 2122 Rodney's son Issac improved on the hyperdrive allowing it to travel to the nieghboring star systems in less then a week. over the course of the next century the US set up colonies in the three nieghboring systems to the displeasure of many of the earth bowned nations. The goa'uld were in the midst of a war with the Tollan and the tied was about to change, after the sacrifice of nearly a hundred motherships the enough information had been gained from scans of the tollan ion cannons revieled a way to change the goa'uld shields to take multiple hits and be undamaged. the last tollan outpost was destroyed in 2142. The Asgard who had been helped by the tollan defeat the replicators had figured out how to stop the degenerative proccess but were still unable to reverse it and were in to small numbers to go to war against the goa'uld. Back on earth the people of earth had discovered artifacts that pointed to the exsitance of the Goa'uld but were wrong in thinking that they were great and wonderful and had started civilization on earth. this age of enlietenment resaulted in the discovery of a cure for cancer, the clean harvest of energy from solar radiation in the form of microwaves and the first non-US colony. It ended when the US discovered a nearly unlimited amount of tritium on one of the moons neighbooring an American Colony. In the End it resaulted in war, or well not really the US with its powerful gunstars advanced plasma weapons and nearly unlimited amount of tritium bombs destroyed the one Polish colony and and bombed earth from space. The FGRAW was form the First Great Republic of American Worlds. Most Americans did not particularly care about what had happened on there home world the extermination of billions of lives as the even before the war of the worlds the Actual country of America was sparsley populated as most people had found new homes on new worlds. In 2210 the FGRAW began the homeworld restoration project cloning extinct animals and plants and bringing the earth to its former glory. Half way through the project in 2228 the Antarctic expadition discovered the Ancient outpost. Though unable to power the outpost scientists marveled at the technology. As years went by technology advanced and in the year 2298 the newest Gunstar the USAF Constellation equiped with state of the Art hyperdrives was sent out to find life and it did.
            sigpic
            STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

kinda stuck, any suggestions?

Spoiler:
              sigpic

Spoiler:
              Originally posted by IMDB
              Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
              Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post

Spoiler:
                Place top turrets on sides of wings, better firing arcs.

Comment

More detailing, panelling, textures.
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  Stargate : Genesis |
                  Original Starship DesignThread
                  Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                  11000! green me

Comment

Spoiler:
                    maybe indent the wings and move the large turrets on to them...shrink them a little. You could increase the length of the neck

sigpic

Comment

As you can see, this thing is getting big pretty fast !!!!
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Spoiler:
                        What is the size of the ship?
                        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

90-ish meters. why?
                          sigpic

Spoiler:
                          Originally posted by IMDB
                          Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                          Hehe

Comment

I think I need a quad core cpu or something....

Comment

me too, may have to raid the company pension fund! lol

sigpic

Comment

First I must say that I did not design any of the cannons or guns, second the ships skin is from the batttlestar pegasus.
                                From my Alternate universe in the distant future comes the Gunstar ship the USAF Constelation the Tauri's first gunstar equiped with generation five hyperdrives that bring it face to face with a Goa'uld mothership.
                                Spoiler:

Hyperdrives: its hyperdrives are similar to the prometheuses hyperdrives before it was destroyed.
                                Weapons: it comes armened with four anti ship plasma cannons, a singal planetary bombardment plasma cannon(which is basically an anti-ship plasma cannon except it has mor power diverted to it).
                                Spoiler:

It has eight 30 mm railguns
                                Spoiler:

it can carry several naquadah inhanced tritium missiles/bombs, it also has a number of smaller anti fighter weapons.
                                shields: its shields are supurior to those of the goa'uld in alomst every way.
                                sigpic
                                STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

Working...
                                X