This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's good for paint though.
    Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
    sigpic

Comment

I have started working with Particle Emitters and tried to make missiles. Here it is.

Spoiler:
      sigpic
      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
        I have started working with Particle Emitters and tried to make missiles. Here it is.

Spoiler:
        Nice.

I need to learn that lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
          Nice.

I need to learn that lol.
          Yeah thanks, that's why I learned, I wanted to do better scenes with more FVX. Here is a better render.

Spoiler:
          sigpic
          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Bob what program do u use agian?
            Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
              Bob what program do u use agian?
              The Morpheus was modeled in Sketchup and the render and missile effects were done in lightwave
              sigpic
              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Be sure to put a decay on the smoke effects. So the further the missile goes, the more the smoke disappears.
                Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                  Be sure to put a decay on the smoke effects. So the further the missile goes, the more the smoke disappears.
                  I was having trouble with that, I can make it disappear with a set number of frames that have past, but it stays solid and doesn't diffuse. It's just solid smoke and then nothing.
                  sigpic
                  ----DeviantArt----

Comment

correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think missiles usually go in such a straight line... Anyway, looks real nice
                    sigpic

Spoiler:
                    Originally posted by IMDB
                    Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                    Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                      correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think missiles usually go in such a straight line... Anyway, looks real nice
                      Most missile do go in such a straight line, especially if they were in space.

There are missiles like TOW missiles and such that spin like crazy as they travel, but most larger missiles fly nice and even. When we see them launching on Earth they often have curving flight paths just because of gravity mostly. We arch them to hit the surface some place else, or to hit a target that it has to track. It's kind of like throwing something, you aim higher or lower than what you're trying to hit.

But in space, if both ships were stationary or they were able to track the target due to a constant speed and direction, the most practical way to launch the missiles would be on a straight intercept path. Unless you were trying to evade obstacles or countermeasures.

Comment

what are TOW missiles?
                        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

Totaly Overdone Woosh

i'm not sure accutually.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Excalibar View Post
                            what are TOW missiles?
                            "Tube-launched Optically-tracked Wire-to-command-Link"
                            Maybe it isn't the TOW that does what I thought though.

There is some small missile that goes absolutely crazy yet always ends up exactly on target. It spirals a good 10 feet side to side as it travels.

It's used by the US military.

The point is it's a rarity. Most just go straight or have a slight curve.

Comment

the javalin missile?
                              sigpic

Comment

I redesigned my Trasport ship to give it more carrying capasity

Spoiler:
                                Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Working...
                                X