This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freyr's mother
    How about some designs for a BattleCarrier. That's a ship with the abilities of a battleship and the capabilities of a Carrier.
    What do you call the Argo? Chop sticks. For full refrence see post page seventeen on this post and under Col.Foley and tell me what you think? Let me know if it is "Battle Carrier" enough for you.

Comment

i tried looking for the abydos, but i couldnt find, it...just wanted to repost it for the hell of it lol...it is a dedicated battle cruiser i beleive...

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
        If you have an XBOX you MUST GET HALO AND HALO2!!!
        Here's an awesome article about the frigate In Amber Clad from Halo 2

In fact, this guy has done tons of great Halo articles

Comment

i did this carrier a while back in this thread but ill just repost it.

DSC 308 longsword

Type: Deep space carrier
          Technology Base: Earth/Asgard/Goauld
          Hull: Titanium/trinium Alloy with Carbon composites
          Dimensions:
          -Length: 470m
          -Width: 200m
          -Height: 80m
          Crew: 200
          Powerplant: 4 Mk. IV Naquadah Generator
          Engines:
          advanced hyperspace window generator
          Four advanced ion-based sublight drives
          Anti-gravity wave generators
          Support craft:
          -48 F-302s
          -24 F-307s (see page 14 of this tread for my f-307 design and specs)
          Weapons:
          -10 double barreled heavy coil guns 1000 rounds each
          -44 remote controled light coil guns 1000 rounds each
          -40 naquada enhanced nuclear warheads
          Defenses:
          -Inert Naquadah Plating in certain areas
          -Advanced Asgard designed shields
          Other tech:
          -AFC (adaptable flight computer)
          -Asgard sensor tech
          -Asgard Beeming tech
          -Gou'ald rings

The first of this line of ships rolled off the production line in 2010 when it was decided that there was a need for a ship with a greater fighter capacity that the 304. As the F-307s have verticle takeoff and landing there is a second hanger doar located on top of the hanger bay for the 307s. All of the hanger openings have bulkhead doars but also when in a battle situation a teporary shield is activated over the opening alowing craft to take off whilst people opperate insid the hanger. As there will be multiple craft being lanched and landing on the ship there is a comand point on top of each hanger to monitor the craft alot like an air trafic control center. The longsword was not designed to go in to battle on its own and would only go in to a danger zone acompanied by a battle ship meaning that it has limited offensive capabilities and the main coil guns are only to desencorage a ship from attacking, however the ship does have good defensive capabilities with many point defence coil guns. it was decided that more power should be put in to defence as there is no point in having a fighter carrier when there is no carrier left fo the fighters to go back to.
          Attached Files

Comment

I remember that ship... wasn't that the one that I said needed more ammunition to make it believable? Or was that another ship entirely?

Comment

Originally posted by JRPR
              i did this carrier a while back in this thread but ill just repost it.

cool! the design and etc looks very believable and tht it could be part of the stargate universe. nice ship there.
              Last edited by Raj_2006; 31 May 2006, 11:48 AM.

Comment

I really like the longsword design,though i remember saying that before! *goes to look up F-307*
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

yea the F-307 was one of the quicker ones i did. im very happy with the long sword tho. i have done others,i think my best ones are on page 13 of this tread. i did alot in one go because i was off school for a week. look them up because i am very proud of them, let me know what you think.

Comment

i have seen your ship designs and they are great ! they look like they belong in SG, they look simlar to the BC-303 and BC-304. good job there.

Comment

no more ideas?

Comment

Nah lately i have been working on a 3d model of a crusier i did a while back. i only learnt how to modle 3 days ago so it going ver slowly at the moment.

Comment

i origonaly posted this on another tread but decided to re-post it
                          it was built in around 2009

Class: BC-X-311-01
                          Type: Heavy battleship (experimental)
                          Name of ship: USS Vanguard

Lenght: 603 m
                          Width: 198 m
                          Height: 53 m

Weapons:

Defensive:
                          12 'rapier' improved free electron lasers on 360 by 180 degree mountings
                          8 batteries of 5 50 mm railguns

Offensive:
                          41 oversized 'Vengeance' missile pods each containing 36 missiles with either high explosive or 30 kiloton nuclear warheads
                          8 single tubes for 10,000 megaton naquida enhanced nuclear torpedoes
                          1 400 m long magnetic accelerator for firing 40 ton(40,000 kg) depleted uranium rounds at 100, 000 km per second

Other systems
                          Asgard shields
                          Asgard transporters
                          First generation Terran plasma reactor ( a big fusion reactor using a mix of heavy hydrogen and helium)
                          12 mark 3 naquida generators as backups

Crew
                          Colonel Douglas Whitcomb c/o
                          105 gunners
                          72 pilots
                          89 engineers
                          2 Asgard
                          12 bridge crew
                          200 marines

Support craft/vehicles
                          12 f-203’s( very few . more room for missiles ,ammo)
                          15 20 person life boats
                          20 Hum-Vee’s
                          6 Bradley ACP’S
                          4 M1A1 tanks
                          9 Malps

History
                          Came out of dry dock at Area 53 ( a new ship buliding bunker complex in the rockie mountains) on July 4 2009 .Proceeded on routine shake down and space trials out in orbit around Jupiter. Recalled for installation of rapier lasers form area (51 AKA dreamland) on August 1 2009. Colonel Whitcomb commanded the ship out to Orion’s belt to lead an attack on a single Ori battle ship which had come through the supergate before it was descovered and subsequently destroyed in october 2008.It was discovered by a jaffa transport on it's way to chulak). The ship jumped in on the ori vessel from behind. The vanguards primary mega-railgun fired and the impact caused the Ori shields to flicker. Whitcomb ordered a full broad side of missiles as the ship passed adminships of the ori vessel. The impact of 1476 missiles ,72 of them nuclear tipped on an area of the size of a football pitch brought down the shields and the Vanguard fired its primary mega-railgun again causing massive damage to the Ori ship . the the defensive weapon opened fir and the ori ship vented atmosphere and fractured under the emense gravational stress .
                          N.B. the 8 huge nukes were not supplied during the battle but were transferred from the odyssey which met the Vanguard coming back from repairs and refit at earth

Comment

i have a ship idea, i have it drawn up i just need to work out the specs

Comment

Originally posted by hotshotalpha1

Weapons:

Defensive:

Offensive:
                              41 oversized 'Vengeance' missile pods each containing 36 missiles with either high explosive or 30 kiloton nuclear warheads
                              1 400 m long magnetic accelerator for firing 40 ton(40,000 kg) depleted uranium rounds at 100, 000 km per second

Other systems
                              Asgard shields
                              Asgard transporters
                              First generation Terran plasma reactor ( a big fusion reactor using a mix of heavy hydrogen and helium)

Crew
                              105 gunners
                              72 pilots
                              89 engineers
                              2 Asgard
                              12 bridge crew
                              200 marines

Support craft/vehicles
                              15 20 person life boats
                              20 Hum-Vee’s
                              6 Bradley ACP’S
                              4 M1A1 tanks
                              9 Malps

History
                              Came out of dry dock at Area 53 ( a new ship buliding bunker complex in the rockie mountains) on July 4 2009 .Proceeded on routine shake down and space trials out in orbit around Jupiter. Recalled for installation of rapier lasers form area (51 AKA dreamland) on August 1 2009. Colonel Whitcomb commanded the ship out to Orion’s belt to lead an attack on a single Ori battle ship which had come through the supergate before it was descovered and subsequently destroyed in october 2008.It was discovered by a jaffa transport on it's way to chulak). The ship jumped in on the ori vessel from behind. The vanguards primary mega-railgun fired and the impact caused the Ori shields to flicker. Whitcomb ordered a full broad side of missiles as the ship passed adminships of the ori vessel. The impact of 1476 missiles ,72 of them nuclear tipped on an area of the size of a football pitch brought down the shields and the Vanguard fired its primary mega-railgun again causing massive damage to the Ori ship . the the defensive weapon opened fir and the ori ship vented atmosphere and fractured under the emense gravational stress .
                              N.B. the 8 huge nukes were not supplied during the battle but were transferred from the odyssey which met the Vanguard coming back from repairs and refit at earth

i know i said post it here in your little thread, but once the feedback came negative why did you?it is a very pathetic ship for something that is supposed to take out ori toilet-classes...dont get into it thought,i for one want this to be one of the drama free zones in this world lol

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

Originally posted by hotshotalpha1

Weapons:

Defensive:

Offensive:

Other systems
                                Asgard shields
                                Asgard transporters

Crew
                                105 gunners
                                72 pilots
                                89 engineers
                                2 Asgard
                                12 bridge crew
                                200 marines

Support craft/vehicles
                                15 20 person life boats
                                20 Hum-Vee’s
                                6 Bradley ACP’S
                                4 M1A1 tanks
                                9 Malps

History

sounds cool . how about a picture?

Comment

Working...
                                X