Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the modellers have put it at 11, we have put it at 5 on several occasions, the actual show hasnt confirmed nor denied either but 2.5 is far far too small.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
      the modellers have put it at 11, we have put it at 5 on several occasions, the actual show hasnt confirmed nor denied either but 2.5 is far far too small.
      Mybe 3 then. But it'scan't be more than 4 beucause that's the horizon,and if it were that big in Rising that hive would have seemed to stretch to the horizon.

Comment

just playing about with weapon effects.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
          Mybe 3 then. But it'scan't be more than 4 beucause that's the horizon,and if it were that big in Rising that hive would have seemed to stretch to the horizon.
          It was mostly underground if you remember...
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

If you are really going to argue about the size, which is arbitrary, then there is a very simple way to do so.

The ship sizing sprites are not necessarily correct. In 'Allies' we see a Daedalus fit inside part of the Hive, and it would fit inside of it about 11.5 times, maybe 12.

Most people I know put the largest size for the Daedalus at 550 metres long.

Meaning that a Hive is no longer than 6.5km.

Either way, when I'm going to start my new model now, and I have something more specific in mind. Mainly, I don't want the same level of smoothing that I had on the first.

If it happens to end up looking like the original or still Wraith-like then by all means I'll post it as Todd's cruiser, but we'll have to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
              If you are really going to argue about the size, which is arbitrary, then there is a very simple way to do so.

The ship sizing sprites are not necessarily correct. In 'Allies' we see a Daedalus fit inside part of the Hive, and it would fit inside of it about 11.5 times, maybe 12.

Most people I know put the largest size for the Daedalus at 550 metres long.

Meaning that a Hive is no longer than 6.5km.

Either way, when I'm going to start my new model now, and I have something more specific in mind. Mainly, I don't want the same level of smoothing that I had on the first.

If it happens to end up looking like the original or still Wraith-like then by all means I'll post it as Todd's cruiser, but we'll have to see.
              I remember about a year or so ago I did some scaling of the deadalus with Hive and Atlantis multiple times. Most of them are on the first page of this thread

Most Accurate Atlantis Scaling Thread Ever
              sigpic
              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                I remember about a year or so ago I did some scaling of the deadalus with Hive and Atlantis multiple times. Most of them are on the first page of this thread

Most Accurate Atlantis Scaling Thread Ever
                Ahh, that thread has way too much effort put into it haha.

Anyways, I spent a few hours tonight starting a new model. I had originally planned for three 'heads' if you will to be positioned around a central body, but it looked stupid when I did it, so i just kept one head which I have added really fast effects to (they don't even line up hahaha).

It looks a lot like an O'Neill class to me, especially since I wanted to add the wings on.... I will have to see if I can make this more unique as the body and wings go on. I do plan on adding a lower half to this head too though, so this is an extremely rough WIP. I just wanted to test out lazers haha, which I butchered since the lens flares don't even match the beam's location, but oh well.

Spoiler:

What are some suggestions that you guys can give me? How should I do the body? And should I make the wings similar to last time?

Comment

if i were you, id make it really smooth, then add details to break that smoothness.

it still looks cool as a wraith ship.

could you remake the old model? this as todds battlecruiser. we also need a renette's FTL multipurposeship like a Delegation ship, i have a similar ship for todd in mind, and you are promising.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                    Ahh, that thread has way too much effort put into it haha.

Anyways, I spent a few hours tonight starting a new model. I had originally planned for three 'heads' if you will to be positioned around a central body, but it looked stupid when I did it, so i just kept one head which I have added really fast effects to (they don't even line up hahaha).

It looks a lot like an O'Neill class to me, especially since I wanted to add the wings on.... I will have to see if I can make this more unique as the body and wings go on. I do plan on adding a lower half to this head too though, so this is an extremely rough WIP. I just wanted to test out lazers haha, which I butchered since the lens flares don't even match the beam's location, but oh well.

Spoiler:

What are some suggestions that you guys can give me? How should I do the body? And should I make the wings similar to last time?
                    Looking alright so far, But if your going to do effects with lightwave, especially with using lights at the pinnacle point of the beam weapons play with the lighting features. You have a blueish-green beam, now take that color and put it into the Volumetric Lighting Options and the Lens Flare Options, Those are in the Lights Properties window.
                    You'll be able to change the red effect of that light along with other preferences of the light.
                    sigpic
                    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                      Looking alright so far, But if your going to do effects with lightwave, especially with using lights at the pinnacle point of the beam weapons play with the lighting features. You have a blueish-green beam, now take that color and put it into the Volumetric Lighting Options and the Lens Flare Options, Those are in the Lights Properties window.
                      You'll be able to change the red effect of that light along with other preferences of the light.
                      Alright good to know. I had changed the colour of the rings then removed them altogether, but didn't know that you could change the red colour. It was really rushed though, the model is still really plain.

Thanks for the help.

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      if i were you, id make it really smooth, then add details to break that smoothness.

could you remake the old model? this as todds battlecruiser. we also need a renette's FTL multipurposeship like a Delegation ship, i have a similar ship for todd in mind, and you are promising.
                      Well I still have the reference photo for that ship since it's posted up here, so I could restart again.

I'll get started on it now.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post

I thought to use the early concept for the Wraith scout for that purpose. The batwing looking ship on the MGM site.

Comment

we can use it anyway.

Comment

If i can fix this damned Trojan attack i'm having atm i'll be posting a new ship in the not too distant future

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Future Human Spceship concept art.... bearing odd resemblance to a riped off pen hook thingy.....

Spoiler:

Six missile tubes, probably AM powered long range misiles, neutroino ion generators visible on belly, AM sublight engines, frontal energy wave projector.

Comment

Awesome ship Finger13.
                                sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Working...
                                X