Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking like a great start on the new ship Semmer and Dr Lee I really like what you are doing with the Prometheus base model.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
    Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

I'm trying to work out how to do podium, its kinda complicated.......

But then again I'm not exactly awesome at complex programs....
      Killman, do you use podium to get that engine glow? if you do could you tell me how?
      Perhaps Puff

Comment

Heres my first attempt at rendering something, man it takes a long time to select all the shapes to add reflection to

Spoiler:

BTW If you select the whole of a model by double clicking a line than go to podium, try to put a reflection on it then click away sketchup closes and it comes up with a bug report form...... It got me about 7 times during the making of this render meaning I had to do all again. Unbelievably annoying

Double post, crap
        Perhaps Puff

Comment

Well, theres a reason that program is free
          Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by RJB View Post
            Another Update

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6...ip5a001ny9.jpg

Time to get some sleep.
            What program do u use?
            sigpic

Comment

the ship aint mine, neither are the guns underneath. i just combined two models and modified both. renders are mine. the results:

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Cephalus View Post
                What program do u use?
                Lightwave

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
                Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                  the ship aint mine, neither are the guns underneath. i just combined two models and modified both. renders are mine. the results:

Spoiler:

Is it.................Navo?

Comment

Could anyone make me a ship for VF 3.0.

It needs to be a battlecruiser for colors i would like the goa'uld gold and black and kinda like a 304.

other than that heres descriptions for the weapons.

Originally posted by Cephalus View Post

Weapons:

Energy Weapons

Name: Type A Plasma Cannon
                    Description: These cannons excel blots of plasma about the size 20th century earth 50 cal bullets.
                    Modules: Available in quad barrel only.
                    Rate of Fire: 600 bolts a minute (all barrels combined).
                    DPS: Low used against fighters.

Name: Type B Plasma Cannon
                    Description: These cannons excel bolts of Plasma the size of a 20th century earth Abrams tank shell.
                    Modules: Available in single and double barrel.
                    Rate of Fire: 20 bolts a minute.
                    DPS: 60 Megatons

Name: Type A Energy Beam
                    Description: A fixed beam of energy and plasma sent into the enemy ship.
                    Modules: Single barrel fixment only.
                    DPS: 5 Second Pulse = 1.5 Gigatons 45 Second Pulse = 30 Gigatons
                    C
                    sigpic

Comment

More progress.

Got some brilliant ideas for the design. See the middle hangar bay

Spoiler:

But I'm wondering how to add more PD weapons facing fowards. I was thinking something like this but which does look better, with or without? See the 2 added guns on the nose.

Suggestions are welcome

Comment

Love the middle hanger, very cool. What is the ship designed to be?
                        sigpic
                        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                        Stargate : Genesis |
                        Original Starship DesignThread
                        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
                          More progress.

Got some brilliant ideas for the design. See the middle hangar bay

Spoiler:

But I'm wondering how to add more PD weapons facing fowards. I was thinking something like this but which does look better, with or without? See the 2 added guns on the nose.

Suggestions are welcome
                          Semmer-as usual-; great work. The only problem i have with the desing in the lack of turrets ont the underside.

Comment

my new warship class vessel will be designated the x306 and will highly include asgard technology as well as some other various technology.

the ship will be twice the size of the current x304 but with the same look. the added square footage is to make the hangers twice the size so that the ship will now hold 16 improved x302s(ill describe them later) as well as additional storage and crew quarters.

wepons:
                            the ship will be equiped with 16 asgard beam wepon arrays. they will be located in the forward, aft, top, and bottom sections of the ship. there will also be rail guns located on the top and bottom sections sporting plasma ammunition that will be constantly feed using asgard matter conversion tech. each rail gun can shoot about 5000 rounds per minute. also there will be 10 armorys full of the most powerful naquada enhanced warheads ready to be beamed to their targets.

defences:
                            the ship will be equiped with 4 shield generators that each protect one of the 4 various sections. each will have a back up generator. each generator is equiped with 2 naquada reactors to act as an independant power source so that power to the generators wont be interupted. the ship will also be equiped with a phase cloak. the ship is also equiped with a time dialation device.

propulsion:
                            the ship will be propelled by the most powerfull asgard hyperdrive that they ever created enabling them to cross hundreds of thousands of light years in a matter of hours. the ship will also have sublight engins capable of going 3/4 the speed of light.

engine room and bridge:
                            the bridge will have control of the entire ship and to help best control the asgard systems they have 3 asgard computer core interface terminals that control wepons, defences and the propulsion and transporters. in the engine room their is an asgard computer core thats hooked into the entire ship.

power source:
                            the ship will be equiped with a zpm but the zpm is only used for a handfull of systems like the phase cloak and hyperdrive. almost every critical systems are powered by independant mark 3 naquada reactors.

internal security and transporters:
                            their will be force fields as well as emergency bulk heads that will protect sensitive areas like the bridge, engine room , and the armorys. the small arms armorys will have zats p90s and some energy based wepons to be desinged later. every member of the crew will also have an implant that will give that person a certin security clearence that will open doors to areas of his designated security clearence. each crew member will also carry an emergncy transport beacons that will transport them to a life pod in the event that destruction of the ship is eminent. the elevators will also be replaced with transport stations like in atlantis.

life pods:
                            the life pods will just be 2 man stasis chambers powered by a small mark 2 reactor. they are desinged that way so that no supplies are nessisary. it will also be equiped with a subspace beacon.

x302s:
                            the x302 will be retro fitted with a small asgard beam wepon array as well as a small shield that will protect it for a short time. it will also be equiped with an emergency cock pit ejection system. the engine will also be replaced with an inertialess drive.

i might add some more stuff later. i would enjoy any feed back and i will answer any questions you might have.
                            STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

If i'm honest the main ship smells of fanwank to me... But i like the idea of asheild ans the ejection pod systems on the 302

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                                Love the middle hanger, very cool. What is the ship designed to be?
                                Well the ship is 472m long so she might fit into battlecruiser, or destroyer role. But the ship is practically an all role ship. Since she has plenty of firepower, unloading ramp for ground forces and a hangar for Assault Jumpers she does indeed have all the roles from carrier to battlecruiser and dropship. A real workhorse.

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                                Semmer-as usual-; great work. The only problem i have with the desing in the lack of turrets ont the underside.
                                You mean big turrets? She has 3 big turrets that can shoot stright down and 9-10 railguns to do the same. I can't find space for any more big turrets without changing the geometry.

Comment

Working...
                                X